5 Reasons Why Eleven Table Tennis Will Blow Your Mind

Is Virtual Reality Table Tennis the next big thing? It could well be. TableTennisDaily has done a rigorous test of Eleven Table Tennis and it is mind blowing!

5reasonseleventtabletennis.jpeg

Okay let's get straight to it, here are 5 reasons WHY Eleven Table Tennis will blow your mind!

1) Realism

We had to start with this one! The developers say, “We're obsessed with creating the most realistic VR table tennis simulator the world has ever seen. After 5 years and countless hours of hard work, we believe that we have accomplished that goal”. We couldn't agree more. It’s hard to believe how realistic Eleven is until you actually give it a go! Even hitting the ball gently to your opponent you have this sensation that you are actually playing real table tennis! The way that the game understands spin is very realistic making the game the closest thing to playing in real life I have come across.

2) Multiplayer mode - Play with anyone, anywhere

Being in your living room and having the ability to play anyone, anywhere in the world still hasn’t quite sunk in with me yet! I thought technology was many years away from achieving this.

What’s great is there are tonnes of people online ready to practice or play a match against you 24/7 365 days a year. Be warned the multiplayer mode is very addictive as you try to improve your world ranking. When I first started I ranked around 250,000, now I am around 250… time to break the top 100!

When playing in multiplayer mode you can talk to your opponents in real time. Having a chat whilst enjoying playing.. insane!

3) Fitness

My god this game keeps you fit! One thing in real table tennis is you spend a lot of time picking up the ball, this isn't the case in the VR World. The ball automatically pops back into your hand and you're ready to go for another point! There are times in the game where I have to slow my opponent down as I may need a quick breather. The rallies are intense, fast and frequent, you better be ready!

4) Community

The community of Eleven Table Tennis is second to none! Inside the game you can hang out with players, chat, interact and even take part in tournaments. There is also a huge discord community where everyone is so welcoming helping each other out. Quite often when you’re in VR you forget you’re in the VR world, the experience feels so real. Then again when you think about it, it is real.

5) It's only going to get better

The developers at Eleven Table Tennis are working full time improving the game. As mentioned above, the community is massive and extremely helpful in Eleven. The community constantly talks to the developers of Eleven giving feedback and improvement suggestions. Roman, a key dev guy is all over it. Even after only playing for 1 month, I have noticed many major improvements, it’s incredible how quickly the game is improving and it’s only going to get better!

This test left me thinking… Where will this type of Virtual Reality technology be in 10 years time? I'll leave you with a quote from Elon Musk discussing simulation on the Joe Rogan podcast. "If you assume any rate of technological improvement over time at all, then games will be indistinguishable from reality, or civilization will end. One of those two things will occur,"..."Therefore, we are most likely in a simulation, because we exist."

Check out our latest video where we demonstrate all of Eleven's features, we practice with the World Number 1 and then finally play a 1 set showdown against the World Number 10!

TableTennisDaily