This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
well, my coach teached me on doing that backhand ^^ he told me:
1. your elbow should be stable and don't move much
2. you should touch the ball at the same point each time
3. your whrist, thumb and forefinger dictate the direction of the ball
4. try to scratch the ball, to put spin on it
5. try to first to control the spincurve of your ball, don't matter even if it gets high
6. after you got the control of that, try to make your spincurve lower so that your balls become hard to attack on

and, don't forget to finish your movement after all stroke!
I think thats that what my coach told me and it works :D ok, my backhand topspin isn't as good as Ma Long's but I'm getting closer :p

says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
Feb 2011
for close to the table, you will see a lot of forearm movement only. that is because it needs to be a quick response. once you get further away from the table, you'll see a bit more body rotation, this will give added power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
yeah, the forearm gives the ball spin and speed! before you play, get on position, stay on your left leg (for righthanders) and while you touch the ball, be fast with your forearm and go a little bit up by pushing yourself up with your left leg :)

for close to the table, you will see a lot of forearm movement only. that is because it needs to be a quick response. once you get further away from the table, you'll see a bit more body rotation, this will give added power.

you're right ;D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
well, my coach teached me on doing that backhand ^^ he told me:
1. your elbow should be stable and don't move much
2. you should touch the ball at the same point each time
3. your whrist, thumb and forefinger dictate the direction of the ball
4. try to scratch the ball, to put spin on it
5. try to first to control the spincurve of your ball, don't matter even if it gets high
6. after you got the control of that, try to make your spincurve lower so that your balls become hard to attack on

and, don't forget to finish your movement after all stroke!
I think thats that what my coach told me and it works :D ok, my backhand topspin isn't as good as Ma Long's but I'm getting closer :p

Yep, thats the backhand stroke in a nutshell..
Dont forget to be relaxed to !

Last edited: