Infinity VPS V Owners Come In! (Help Needed)

This user has no status.
I have an infinity. Changed from BTY Viscaria simply because I wanted more control and feel at the sacrifice of power. Very well made blade, easy to flick with and heavy loop, power looping close to the table is ok, once you take about 2-3 steps Way it lacks gears, that's the reason I switched back to my viscaria, I bought it out of impulse cheap on https://www.tabletennis11.com I used tenergy 05 fh/bh and then tried Donic acuda s3/s1 bh/fh both rubber combos worked really well

This user has no status.
Carbotec feels the same on every shot (Stiff blade). Infinity feels controlled and stiff when blocking or short game but u feel the ball if u hit harder (topspin, smash...). It feels like u can do what ever u want!!!
U have to try it. It is so much fun to play with.
It is a stiff blade (top veneer is very hard) but the wood gives u so much feeling. It is a bit strange in the beginning. U have to play with the blade a few sessions to adapt to it. After this u dont wanna play anything else than wood blades :p. So much more control. It is awesome.
I never played Stiga blades before and that was a big mistake. Stiga makes the best blades for me right now but their rubbers are really disappointing.
Donic, Xiom and Butterfly (very expensive) have rly good rubbers. U cant go wrong with them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
I recently purchased the stiga vps infinity and glues the stiga calibra tour m and tour s to it.

I find that the blade is well suited to an aggressive, close to the table game, with great feeling. The blades large sweet spot also suits the short game, but you really have loosen your grip.

Loops and smashes really are a breeze with this blade, i can loop and smash from close / mid distance with accurate placement, particularly with more challenging strokes like sidespin loops.

I agree with others who say that away from the table, this blade really requires careful attention and great technique, as it lacks gears. I often found that the ball would either dip into the net or fly way off the end of the table when performing away from the table loops and counter loops. However, this could be down to the rubbers.

Its an awesome blade though and suits the calibra tour rubbers well.

P.s. the sound is amazingly crisp and feels very satisfying to hit with!