Need some gear advise

This user has no status.
Hello …
Needing some help.

I played for 5 years(1990-1995) in the local and national U18 championships of my country, wasn’t’ a top player and my team wasn’t either, my game style back then was looping/topspin with FH and with my BH block and preparing for the FH Topspin, this was 20 years ago, the game has changed and me too.

Now I want to start training again, but my gear is dead (Butterfly Primo Powerfeeling FL(OFF), Donico Waldner (FH) and Butterfly Sriver–FX (BH) )

To start training and maybe get in a couple of tournaments I need two rubbers to apply on my Primo Powerfeeling blade, think on:
Xiom Vega Pro (FH)
Xiom Vega Europe (BH)
Or
Xiom Omega IV Pro (FH)
Xiom Omega V Europe (BH)

These are “low” budget rubbers with interesting stats.

Later I’m thinking on getting a new racket (Timo Boll ALC blade, Tenergy 80 FH and BH) … but this is only when I get the funds to do it.

Would appreciate your opinions on the above, and why.
If you are from Portugal it would be nice if you can advise some shop where to get this gear.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi, welcome to the forum!!!

Why did you choose Xiom rubbers as options? just because affordable?

There is Donic Bluefire JP03 and also Andro Rasant Grip, i was going to order the first but at the last minute i changed to the second one, but it is still with the coach who i asked to order for me because i don't have the fund yet, but once i have i will give that rubber a try.

Also from Xiom there is Xiom Sigma II, give that a look too, but i am not expert in rubbers and Xiom brand.

You reminding me of myself, i was playing TT since 1998 then i bought a table maybe in 1998 or 1999 i can't remember, and once i was in the university while i was studying there since 1999 i was playing table tennis nearly in daily basis of working days, that was from 1999 let's say until i graduated in 2004, then i stopped TT completely until recently, so i feel it was like long 10 years, and sure i lost most of my style, but when i played in the club since last month i see that i can return some of my style if i keep playing/practicing, and i may be better than before if i start to have coaching too, and i also was not sure of which racket as i lost my very old racket and i bought first ever custom racket for me.

Reactions: varik
This user has no status.
I choose the Xioms i listed because the have the stats that i thing are correct for my play style, they are affordable till i can buy the full butterfly pack (TB ALC + Tenergys), and were in the top 15 most popular rubbers in tabletennisdb.

As i said, i knew what was best 20 years ago, now the game is diff, balls are bigger :rolleyes: , 11 points sets .... the game itself evolved, so did de manufactures and de stats of the equipement.
now im trying to do a benchmar