DHS Hurricane 8 Rubber Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I find hurricane 8 in Vietnam but it is not available yet. Can you share from which country you are buying or testing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Glad the review was helpful guys.

I don't think that I've seen you playing better Dan :)

Haha! When I was younger I used Hurricane for a very long time! Maybe it all just came back to me haha! :)

I find hurricane 8 in Vietnam but it is not available yet. Can you share from which country you are buying or testing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am unsure where you can by it at the moment. Ill have a browse..

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Tried H8 national 2.15, 39 degree hardness for couple of weeks. Play like H3 with much greater speed. When played on my BH, awesome!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I got a sheet from tt11 a couple of weeks ago, and still has it in stock. I'll have my first practice session with it tomorrow.

First impressions after one practice session (H8 on FH + Nexy Calix):

a) tackiness - it is a mildly tacky rubber, the level of tackiness is nowhere near N3 Neo. Which for me translates into slightly worse short game, and not as much spin on "brushy" serves. But still, H8 is much less bouncy than pretty much any modern tensor rubber.

b) driving the ball - easier with H8 than H3 Neo because H8 is less tacky. Same considerations apply to passive blocking.

c) looping - the grip is good, quite reliable, but one needs to engage the sponge a bit more when looping using H8 in order to generate the same amount of spin as with H3 Neo. The arc is a bit lower than with H3 Neo, as noted by other reviewers.

d) speed - at medium swing shots H8 feels a touch faster than H3 Neo, but at full swing H3 Neo is faster and spinnier.

I'll give H8 another try, perhaps during the first summer league match (which is supposed to be with a plastic ball), but at the moment it does not look like a great H3 Neo replacement, IMHO.