cumbria...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hi Guys...

I know Cumbria has Kendal and Barrow, and I am willing to travel, but does anyone know of any other teams further west? Like, Whitehaven, Workington, Carlisle area?

If you guys could let me know, I would be grateful...

:) Liam :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey cumbria

I have friends from that area, I will try and get in contact with them for you... infact he is a moderator to this site... his username is BarrowTTC... send him a private message..

hope this helps

Dan

says 2010/11 British League Premier Division Champions &...
Jan 2011
Hi Liam,

I got your email and noticed that you posted here. Sorry for the late reply, but I've had a busy couple of days (telling everyone my girlfriend is pregnant :).

We have a couple of players based in Carlisle (Steve and Mark Temple). These guys both play for our our British League 2nd team and are good players (Steve England top 200). They don't play in a league (as Carlisle does not have one), but practice together. If you want, I can put you in touch?

I'm not sure how old you are. If you're still young, the Whitehaven Harbour Youth Project have a table tennis session on a Wednesday night. A coach from Barrow (Duncan Crawford) has done some work up there in schools, I can find out which ones if you want?

Apart from that, your only choices are Barrow and Kendal. Millom do have a team in the Barrow league. That is a bit closer to you and they might have a practice session. Again, let me know and I can get a contact number for you.

Just for your information. The Barrow Table Tennis Centre (Furness Academy, West Avenue, Barrow-in-Furness, LA13 QQE) is open to the public between 7pm and 9pm Tuesday night. I also run a session 7pm to 9pm Monday night for the towns British League players (invite only - if you're good, you are more than welcome).

Hope this helps.

Barrow TTC.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
congrats on the baby

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks. Hopefully a future Barrow TTC star will be born :D

Congrats mate!! Thats amazing,, Im predicting him a top 5 England player by the time he is 22.... we can go back to this post in 22 years to see if i was correct aha :D

Jan 2011
Congrats mate!! Thats amazing,, Im predicting him a top 5 England player by the time he is 22.... we can go back to this post in 22 years to see if i was correct aha :D

It might be a girl :p

Not sure my girlfriend will be too happy, but really hope it gets hooked on TT. Hopefully Barrow TTC will still be a force and there will be no shortage of top coaches.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It might be a girl :p

Not sure my girlfriend will be too happy, but really hope it gets hooked on TT. Hopefully Barrow TTC will still be a force and there will be no shortage of top coaches.

Sorry, i always presume a boy lol,, ha yeh perhaps a girl.. I know its crazy to think into the future! im sure they will still be alive and kicking with you guys around! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Hey Barrow..

Congrats on the baby to be! :)

Im 22...just finding really hard to play around here because I dont drive. I THINK i met Steve last night, I smelt a wiff of table tennis at Carlisle last night, so I headed through. Steve was there, and Roger and people...was a really good night. They seemed quite impressed, and they taught me loads. Steve and Roger can REALLY play lol. I think im just stick with them until I get a bit more practice...you might well see me at Barrow in the future sometime :p

All the best...

Liam

Jan 2011
Hey Barrow..

Congrats on the baby to be! :)

Im 22...just finding really hard to play around here because I dont drive. I THINK i met Steve last night, I smelt a wiff of table tennis at Carlisle last night, so I headed through. Steve was there, and Roger and people...was a really good night. They seemed quite impressed, and they taught me loads. Steve and Roger can REALLY play lol. I think im just stick with them until I get a bit more practice...you might well see me at Barrow in the future sometime :p

All the best...

Liam

Cool. I am glad you got sorted.

Steve is a really nice guy, so you will be good there (he doesn't drive either).

Have you just moved to the area? How close did you get when playing Steve?

Make sure you join our Facebook page. Also, it would be great if you could come and watch us when we're a little closer to home.

Have fun!