Boosting help

Hi all

Over the past couple of weeks I have been boosting my dhs national hurricane 3 orange sponge with falco long term booster I put each layer on every 24 hrs as per stated 3 layers in total and have left it 10 days the dome has come down slightly but is still curved can I glue this to my blade or will it wreck the rubber and if not is there a quicker way of reducing the dome?

many thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think people wait too long before gluing. The thing that causes the rubber to curl is the expansion of the sponge which also puts the topsheet on more tension. If you wait for it to be flat before gluing, then you waisted moated of the effect of the boost. Put less boost on next and glue it on much sooner. When I used to boost, I would just glue the rubber on as soon as I could: a few hours after boosting or as soon as it wasn't curled all the way in a circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is nothing a little Gorilla Glue wouldn't fix, have at it, you don't have to wait days.

For real though, what i would do for rubbers that were still domed AND I still wanted to use it the next day is I would use extra glue, especially around edges, and use a PRESS. Yes, a PRESS. Yasaka sells one, but to me it is week. I made my own from two pieces of wood I cut to way larger shape than the blade, drilled 9 holes, and used 9 Bolts/Toggle Nuts, that would hold great, leave it in overnight and it stays on. You could always make good use of those encyclopedias you never use too.

Thanks everyone for the help just glued on my hurricane rubber and I honestly didn't think that the boosting would make a huge difference but it really does as a user of the Neo hurricane I can really tell the quality difference between these rubbers.
Just one more question with me leaving the rubber out on the open for 2 weeks it's got marks on it is there anyway of getting rid of these marks? I've cleaned it etc and the marks are still there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
What are the marks from? Is it glue/booster that got on the topsheet? Could we see a picture of the marks?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Thanks everyone for the help just glued on my hurricane rubber and I honestly didn't think that the boosting would make a huge difference but it really does as a user of the Neo hurricane I can really tell the quality difference between these rubbers.
Just one more question with me leaving the rubber out on the open for 2 weeks it's got marks on it is there anyway of getting rid of these marks? I've cleaned it etc and the marks are still there

Sound weird, can you upload a picture, hard to tell what it can be..

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you spilled oil or booster on teh topsheet and it set there more than a few minutes, it will leave a streak or mark you will never remove outside of sandpaper and if you are going to that extreme... then a reasonable person would say "Extreme Scrooge".

The realistic options (if it is an oil/tuner smear) are to play with it or get a different sheet.

This is a pic of my rubber
0e9543fdc54b817bee6a2e855fc93202.jpg

Last edited: