Paul Drinkhall TIBHAR Reviews

says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
*******FOURTH REVIEW HERE... CLICK BELOW....********

Hi guys - working with TableTennisDaily, TIBHAR and Bribar Table Tennis, I'll be reviewing different TIBHAR equipment each week to try to help a player to pick the best combination of blade and rubber for each individual style of play.

I'll be giving my personal opinions and views on a range of equipment that will eventually cover something for every player! My fourth review is the TIBHAR Evolution FX-P rubber, which I tested in maximum sponge thickness on one side of my bat.

You can see my FOURTH review here... :

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/7528-evolution-fx-p

You can get this rubber at the moment at a special discounted rate from Bribar Table Tennis here:

http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/tibhar-evolution-fx-p.html

​Check it out!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Paul!

It's fantastic to have a top pro-level player reviewing equipment on the forum. Will definitely give a different dimension to the info that's available out there at the moment.

Sorry to be cheeky, but if you're taking requests on Tibhar equipment then any chance of a review of MX-S? A comparison to MX-P would be incredibly useful for lots of people who are considering it, and you're in a great position to do that!

This user has no status.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for doing this effort, very helpful.

Because of you i ordered Tibhar Evolution MX-P rubber, you just didn't tell me which thickness and which side, but i didn't want to use this rubber so early on both sides, so i decided to put it on FH only now [black] with thickness 1.9mm, hope it will be a good recommendation from you, i trust you.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi Paul!

It's fantastic to have a top pro-level player reviewing equipment on the forum. Will definitely give a different dimension to the info that's available out there at the moment.

Sorry to be cheeky, but if you're taking requests on Tibhar equipment then any chance of a review of MX-S? A comparison to MX-P would be incredibly useful for lots of people who are considering it, and you're in a great position to do that!

Thanks Andy - funny you should mention (and not cheeky at all!) but that's the next rubber I'm doing! Look out for it next week.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi Paul,

Thanks for doing this effort, very helpful.

Because of you i ordered Tibhar Evolution MX-P rubber, you just didn't tell me which thickness and which side, but i didn't want to use this rubber so early on both sides, so i decided to put it on FH only now [black] with thickness 1.9mm, hope it will be a good recommendation from you, i trust you.

Hi Tareq, I use 2.1 thickness on both sides of my blade. I'm glad you found the review useful and I hope you like the MX-P as much as I do! Of course in some different countries things can be cheaper or more expensive, so that's all fine. Glad I could help and good luck!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi Paul,
Are you thinking on reviewing other brands besides Tibhar in the future ?

Hi Varik - Since I tired the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P rubber, I made the switch to a partnership with TIBHAR as I thought the equipment (and this rubber in particular) was the best for my game. I of course sampled some other rubbers and was impressed, but this is best for me. For the forseeable future I'll be reviewing TIBHAR equipment and helping players of different style decide which is the best choice for the style that they play from the range that they have. I hope it will help and bring some really good equipment to players attention that they may not have been aware of previously!

This user has no status.
Paul, this is very interesting. I was considering to move away from Tenergy, as I think for the average player in the British League the cost / benefits ratio is going to turn for the worse with the new poly ball.

As I am looking for something similar but with a bit more tack, I was wondering if you'd also test the FX-P? While I undesrtand (and you've confirmed) MX-P is the T05 equivalent, would you say FX-P is the T05FX equivalent?
Feel free not to answer this question directly, just let us know if you're going to test the FX-P in the near future.

This user has no status.
The more i see people comparing many rubbers to Tenergy the more i feel i must play using this rubber more and more even if i lose alot, so that one day i can get used to it and will improve with it, it is like if that Tenergy wasn't expensive then i may see 95% players all over the world using it regardless of it is fast or tacky or heavy or whatever, the brand name and model quality alone speaks itself from what i see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks Andy - funny you should mention (and not cheeky at all!) but that's the next rubber I'm doing! Look out for it next week.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5d444e85-538f-4ff6-96a6-31ded5232902.jpg
    5d444e85-538f-4ff6-96a6-31ded5232902.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 682
Reactions: Paul Drinkhall
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Paul, this is very interesting. I was considering to move away from Tenergy, as I think for the average player in the British League the cost / benefits ratio is going to turn for the worse with the new poly ball.

As I am looking for something similar but with a bit more tack, I was wondering if you'd also test the FX-P? While I undesrtand (and you've confirmed) MX-P is the T05 equivalent, would you say FX-P is the T05FX equivalent?
Feel free not to answer this question directly, just let us know if you're going to test the FX-P in the near future.

Hi Olio - yes the costs of some rubbers are of course quite high. Personally, once I tried the Evolution MX-P I knew I would make the change, I really liked the rubber. Fortunately TIBHAR were interested in working with me also so it was good luck timing wise, and now they have a major uk distributor with Bribar Table Tennis I think more and more people might also like the Evolution range. I'm not sure about the direct equivalent yet, but the guys at Bribar most certainly will so I'd give them a call and ask if that's the equivalent in this range. I will be testing the rubber soon, I'm starting with the Evolution range and once I do I can give my full opinion and reccomendation about what players should consider trying it to maximise thier game!

Really hope this helps.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi Next Level - thanks for the comment, yes we will be looking at this in the near future, I'm very happy with blade I am using but of course I will make some very small modifications just to my liking whilst in the development stages!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I really liked MX-P on solid composite blades, I had an ALC at the time and the transition coming from T05 wasn't difficult to make. MX-P is a different animal altogether, but I found generally, I could make my shots without changing a lot consciously. I found you really had to be on the money for a slow opener, but if you were inpacting an incoming ball with any pace on it or you were solidly impacting the ball with forward stroke, you REALLY got rewarded with explosive speed/spin. That was a very strong point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Paul, great review you did on the MX-P rubber from Tibhar. I am glad that you like the rubbers so much and the properties of the rubbers can contribute in your game play.

I have some questions about both the rubber and blade. Maybe the blade is a bit off topic, but here goes anyway.

Regarding the MX-P how would you rate or compare the throw angle of the rubber?
Do you play with a specific hardness of the rubber and do you know what it is?
Do you get like a PRO version of the rubber which is cut from the core of a production sheet or is it the same as the commercial ones we buy?

Now to the blade :) Do you have any preference to the head size of the blade? I heard that the rubbers where a bit to the heavy side which means most people would choose a small head size blade to pair with the rubbers. You look pretty fit so you must have a pair of big guns ;)
What weight of the blade do you prefer? As I understand a lot of Pro's choose to have a blade on the +90g side.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing your views about Tibhar MX-P rubber. I really like your review and the information which you have shared on this product.
I would like to make a some requests to you, based on my experiences with the sport:

1. Most of us are amateur players who do not have very high arm speed or solid dynamics. So, if you can explain how the products reviewed by you will suit players with slower arm speed then it would be a good parameter for amateurs to understand the product. For example, if I make a loop with less arm speed how will the rubber react? Is it forgiving in this scenario or is it not?

2. Weight of the rubber/blade - This is one aspect where I struggle personally. Since I have been playing with lighter setups, therefore, heavier setups slow down my recovery and also introduce muscle pain while practicing for longer duration. I would request you to please also share the weight of the rubber/blade while taking any light weighted rubber/blade from Tibhar as a benchmark.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for taking few moments of your precious time and helping us out by sharing your immense experience and knowledge on this forum.

Kind regards,
KM1976

Last edited: