Who will win the men's singles outright?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Xu Xin

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Wang Liqin

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

• Chuang Chih Yuan

• Other - Leave a comment below on who this player is

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The China Open 2011 is here everyone! The Official China Open 2011 Thread!

This is the big tournament we have all been waiting for since the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam. All the players are in the training hall practising and getting use to the conditions. This is going to be a big 1!

Img214216280.jpg

Photo Source: Xinhua

China’s Wang Hao and Guo yeo lead the Men’s and Women’s singles seeding’s for the Volkswagon China Open. This is the ninth ITTF Pro Tour of 2011 and begins on Wednesday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] with the finals held on the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2011 which is a Sunday. To follow this amazing event you can watch it on livestream with integrated chat by clicking HERE

Men’s Singles

Wang Hao leads the men’s singles. Will he win? Or will Zhang Jike maintain his current form after winning last month’s World Table Tennis Championships? Perhaps, Xu Xin or Jun Mizutani can take it. So many to choose from, the national team veterans Wang Liqin and Ma Lin may produce a surprise for us.

Timo Boll is not in the China Open, to which I am not so sure why. Perhaps a TTD member can answer this.

1. Wang Hao
  2. Zhang Jike
  3. Ma Lin
  4. Ma Long
  5. Jun Mizutani
  6. Xu XIn
  7. Wang Liqin
  8. Joo Se Hyuk
  9. Chuang Chih Yuan
  10. Gao Ning
MaLong.jpg

Photo Source: facebook.com/malong.ctt

Will it be a seed that win’s this prestigious event? Will Ma Long win the tournament after his recent 3-0 win over Zhang Jike? For more on this, visit the article’Ma Long beats Zhang Jike 3-0 in the Chinese Super League fifth round’

Women’s Singles

Both Li Xioxia or Ding Ning are in the entry for the China Open. Guo Yuo goes in as number 1 seed followed by Liu Shiwen.
  1. Guo Yue
  2. Liu Shiwen
  3. Feng Tianwei
  4. Hirano Sayaka
  5. Tie Yana
  6. Wu Jiaduo
  7. Jiang Huajun
  8. Feng Yalan
  9. Seok Ha Jung
  10. Li Jiawei
Who do you think will win the women’s singles?

guo_yue.jpg

Photo Source: ITTF

So TTD members this is the official thread for the China Open 2011. Hope everyone enjoys this tournament. We can use this thread as a means of displaying results, videos, latest news and more! Who did you vote for in the poll? Discuss who you want to win below :)

Enjoy the event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
It will be a fascinating tournament, without doubts! I think, the competition will be quite tight, however, I see Ma Long claiming the trophy in Shenzhen! 马龙,加油! He's been in good shape lately since WTTC.
On the ladies side, I bet on Liu Shiwen :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I hope Ma Long will win in an epic final against Wang Hao or Zhang Jike :D In the womens I root for Liu Shiwen ♥ BUT I think Gou Yue will win
It's weird that Timo will not compete in China Open because he is in China for CTTSL
If I were Timo I would go there but he doesnt want to lose world ranking points :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Timo's involved in a series of exhibtion matches all over Germany, which makes it impossible for him to participtae at the China Open.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I think Wang Hao will win, but I root for both Ma Long & Zhang Jike.
I mostly hope we get nice HD videos to drewl upon... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I wonder why Ma Long leads every poll in this forum, we apparently have a huge amount of Ma Long fans here :D
Since he hasn't won any tournament recently I don't understand why he would be a favourite for this one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
@david
Yea I noticed that too. I always considered him a pretty standard player, of course with great technique and insane skill. But I prefer playing styles that look more effortless, like Zhang Jike's or Oh Sang Eun's. Too bad a lot of people find that look lazy haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
This is not about the respective styles and which player you like..
I just wonder if people really think that he's gonna win :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It's still not about rooting for a player, I'm more than okay with that.
But Wang Hao won the last tournament before the WTTC and made it to the final of the WTTC so I think he'll have a good shot as winning it.
I just want an explaination why you think that Ma Long is gonna win :)
I want to start a serious discussion, not insult anyone :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Sorry that my first post in this forum wasn't your standard.
I think everyone can vote the one he want and its still in my objective opinion that ma long will win. Otherwise I am not checking every statistics of the players, who won last month and who won before 2 month. but i watched a ma long match today of the china superleague where he play against xu xin. was really nice. and i think he will have a chance against zhang jike and wang hao.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
That's what I wanted to hear, thank you :)
Natürlich kann jeder wählen, was er will, es ging mir nur darum, dass bei vielen Umfragen in diesem Forum Ma Long vorne liegt, wenn es um den Turnierfavoriten geht und ich nicht ganz verstehe, warum das so ist, weil er in letzter Zeit nicht in Topform war.
Und herzlich willkommen im Forum! :)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
ma long vs xu xin in finals or ma long vs wang hao, or ma long vs zhang, or zhang vs wang,or xu xin vs zhang ,or xu xin vs wang hao

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@david93fcb Sorry posts cannot be edited at this time... had a problem with updating the site and pluggins have conflicted. It will be working back to normal by the weekend.Back to why Ma Long is the most Favourite voted... perhaps its due to the sites image... it may just reinforce people to hit Ma Long :).. I actually do think tho he is going to win this one! Plus Wimbledon soon :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hmm the thing is nobody knows in what form they are gonna show up. Maybe after the first round everyone will say Chen Qi ;). But until u can make a decision based on the current form of the players (which can change every tournament) I think there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking :). Zhang Jike all the way.