Matching rubbers to blades

This user has no status.
Hi again,

So i ordered few rubbers and not sure which rubbers to use for which blades, so if you have the same rubbers/blades i have, how you will choose each for each?

The blades:
- Carbonado 190
- Yasaka Extra
- Galaxy T-11+ [shipped and i am waiting]
- Primorac EX [not sure if it is shipped or not]
- DHS H. Hao 3

The rubbers:
- Tenergy 80FX [black and red for FH & BH]
- Evolution MX-P [black for FH]
- Rakza 7 Soft [red for BH]
- Sigma II Europe [red for BH]
- One extra rubber as i ordered something but it was out of stock, and this rubber bonus is Nitakku Pimplemini, not important to put it on anything yet [red so definitely for BH]

I was planning to put both T80FX on the Carbonado, but do you have another suggestions or idea? which rubbers from above you will choose for which blades above?

Also i am gonna order more rubbers because they are not enough for all blades above, so then what else more rubbers i should get? same? something else? Which one?

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I have a litle review on HH3 here, http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/8810-hurricane-hao-iii
Rubbers I'd say the same as Rajah yes (on HH3), Sigma2Euro bh and Evolution MX-P fh. I been wanting to try these two for a while tbh as well as the Intencity Nct blade (because Xu Xin), so when a friend of mine were getting his first custom-made racket, I recomended Intencity nct with Sigma 2 Euro on both sides hue, which will probably be a good set up for him meanwhile I can try it too hehe.

Anyhow, rubber recomendations, I don't know if you've tried any Donic rubbers? if you're buying more rubbers, I'd say try Bluefire M1-Turbo, Jp-01Turbo or Acuda S1-Turbo on the fh. (do some research and pick the once you want, they have slightly diferent characteristics) If you like soft rubbers on the bh I'd say try the Jp 03. But it might lack some speed. (it's not slow, but not super fast to put it that way) Depends on your preferences. After getting used to the rubber (jp 01-Turbo and jp 03) I've decided to try M1-Turbo fh with Jp-01 Turbo bh and see how that goes. (I do as you see use the HH3)

It's up to you, but, if you go for the "I was planning to put both T80FX on the Carbonado" plan, then maybe try my plan on HH3? :v
Among the other rubbers you currently have, I guess I would try Rakza 7 on bh and Tenergy 80FX for fh probably (alternatively just 80FX on both sides). (on HH3), though that's a 3rd prefered solution.

Good luck on the other combos! :cool:

This user has no status.
With your list.. hmm
I would go for
EvomxP
Sigma2euro
Carbo190

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You mean i use those 2 rubbers you mentioned with Carbonado 190?

I forgot that i also have 9000 rubbers remaining from my 4x pack, and those 2 rubbers i will use with Galaxy T-11+, that will leave 5 blades out of 6

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Well that would be my choice of setup based on your listed items. I find carbonado 190 almost close to zjk super zlc based on how the blade respond (just a bit stiffer) but yes controllable.
I see that you are using an fx version on your fh on jm blade.. soo i think you could start with bh fh sigmà2euro+carbonado190

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I have a litle review on HH3 here, http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/blades/8810-hurricane-hao-iii
Rubbers I'd say the same as Rajah yes (on HH3), Sigma2Euro bh and Evolution MX-P fh. I been wanting to try these two for a while tbh as well as the Intencity Nct blade (because Xu Xin), so when a friend of mine were getting his first custom-made racket, I recomended Intencity nct with Sigma 2 Euro on both sides hue, which will probably be a good set up for him meanwhile I can try it too hehe.

Anyhow, rubber recomendations, I don't know if you've tried any Donic rubbers? if you're buying more rubbers, I'd say try Bluefire M1-Turbo, Jp-01Turbo or Acuda S1-Turbo on the fh. (do some research and pick the once you want, they have slightly diferent characteristics) If you like soft rubbers on the bh I'd say try the Jp 03. But it might lack some speed. (it's not slow, but not super fast to put it that way) Depends on your preferences. After getting used to the rubber (jp 01-Turbo and jp 03) I've decided to try M1-Turbo fh with Jp-01 Turbo bh and see how that goes. (I do as you see use the HH3)

It's up to you, but, if you go for the "I was planning to put both T80FX on the Carbonado" plan, then maybe try my plan on HH3? :v
Among the other rubbers you currently have, I guess I would try Rakza 7 on bh and Tenergy 80FX for fh probably (alternatively just 80FX on both sides). (on HH3), though that's a 3rd prefered solution.

Good luck on the other combos! :cool:

Those blades are different, i want to keep some just fast or very fast and some for good control, so i don't need to put only highest control rubbers without speed, and the fast blades i want to keep as fast of OFF+ are HH3 and Carbonado, while Yasaka Extra and Primorac EX are more for control ALL round ones, T-11+ is very fast but with 9000 it may be just right and i keep cheap 9000 for cheapest blade of the collection which is T-11+.

Honestly speaking, i was going to order Donic rubber instead of Tibhar Evolution MX-P, but with Paul Drinkhall recommendation i went with this rubber, and i hope it will be a great rubber rather than just he promote Tibhar productions, and from Donic i was planning to go with JP03 actually, but i still not sure as many like Donic rubbers and some don't like some of those rubbers, it is like a mixed feelings, and i just saw Donic released new rubbers of Acuda and something else, i will wait, so if you tested one or few of Donic rubbers can you tell how is your impressions about it and on which bats?

I was thinking that Rakza 7 soft should go for Yasaka blade or BTY Zhang Jike or even Primorac EX, and i also very much interested in the new Rakza rubber, Rakza X soft, i added in next upcoming order but i may change my mind if some tested this rubber and didn't like it.

The truth to be told, i still feel that Tenergy 05 is un-matched, it is like all other rubbers are compared to this BTY rubber, this shouldn't happen if that 05 isn't that great anyway, i have 05FX and i like it actually, could be the blade wasn't the right one and it is a bit heavy i feel, but i tested this rubber on another blade of someone and it was unbelievable, but i really like testing a lot, and happy so far as i found which was good and which wasn't and i can keep for backups, but to my surprise it sounds that OFF+ blades were very nice in my hand even i am not very good player and it didn't make me higher level, but the control and shots are way easier with those blades, tested 3 so far, but is that due to the weight of those blades or due to their speed and OFF+ type? because my JM is also fast but wasn't as great as other fast blades i tested, will see with Carbonado and T-11+ later and also HH3, hope this HH3 is similar to HL5 as i tested this and it is another class.

This user has no status.
Well that would be my choice of setup based on your listed items. I find carbonado 190 almost close to zjk super zlc based on how the blade respond (just a bit stiffer) but yes controllable.
I see that you are using an fx version on your fh on jm blade.. soo i think you could start with bh fh sigmà2euro+carbonado190

I see, so you can put this Carbonado as OFF+ then? in fact i decided or planned to keep this blade as fast too.

On my JM, 05FX is the best side on this blade, not a big fan of 64, but it could be me, the rubber maybe very nice if tested on another blade, but i feel i want to avoid 64 and stay with 05 only, i like rubber, and i bought 80FX to give it a try too.

I bought Sigma2Europe in red to be used as BH, so do you recommend i use this on my Carbonado for BH?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Interesting, they HH3 and HL5 are a bit different blades, whereby HL5 is probs a bit better close to the table, meanwhile HH3 a bit further from the table, also HH3 a tad better for loops I think, they probs have a bit different feel due different compositions as well. (have not tried HL3, that's based on online comperances)
anyhow, when comes to JP-01 Turbo and Jp-03, I do have reviews on them on here ~ and I loved the Donic rubbers more than for example Tenergy 80, but have not tried the others.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9574-bluefire-jp-03
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9575-bluefire-jp-01-turbo

Do what you think is best!

This user has no status.
Interesting, they HH3 and HL5 are a bit different blades, whereby HL5 is probs a bit better close to the table, meanwhile HH3 a bit further from the table, also HH3 a tad better for loops I think, they probs have a bit different feel due different compositions as well. (have not tried HL3, that's based on online comperances)
anyhow, when comes to JP-01 Turbo and Jp-03, I do have reviews on them on here ~ and I loved the Donic rubbers more than for example Tenergy 80, but have not tried the others.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9574-bluefire-jp-03
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9575-bluefire-jp-01-turbo

Do what you think is best!

I bought HH3 only because i found it at very special great price, so i didn't want to waste it away, almost nearly 40% discount, WOW, with many discounts on rubbers and blades i am able to buy dozens.

So it sounds that Donic rubbers are highly recommended, maybe i will give it a try, but which rubber, the current one such as M1/Turbo/JP03 or the new versions such as P1/P2/P3/F1?

Reactions: Tompa8888
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The ultimate EJ, the ultimate EJ thread. This is like drugs and more drugs and you want more and more.

There used to be this club in NYC in Chinatown. It closed a few years ago. When I first went there I found that an old friend of mine who I hadn't seen in years worked and played there. He is a real and true equipment junkie and he is also amazingly smart and knows a ton about equipment.

He and I would borrow everyone's rackets, try them out, compare our experiences. He worked there so everyone would let us try their gear. And the place had hundreds of members. It had 13 tables and on a Saturday there would usually be about 30-40 people waiting to play. So a line for next on every table.

For a long time I got to try soooo many setups. Then the place closed. They went out of business. Sad.

One of my friends who is a pro one time asked me: "why do you know all this stuff about equipment? Do you know what I do? I have something I like and I use it. I don't really care about the rest. This one works for me. If I had to get a new one, I would just get the same. If for some reason I had to get something different, there are a bunch of other things that are pretty good too."

The search for the holy grail of rackets is an avoidance of the issue of developing technique. It is fun to explore this stuff but don't get too hung up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
The ultimate EJ, the ultimate EJ thread. This is like drugs and more drugs and you want more and more.

There used to be this club in NYC in Chinatown. It closed a few years ago. When I first went there I found that an old friend of mine who I hadn't seen in years worked and played there. He is a real and true equipment junkie and he is also amazingly smart and knows a ton about equipment.

He and I would borrow everyone's rackets, try them out, compare our experiences. He worked there so everyone would let us try their gear. And the place had hundreds of members. It had 13 tables and on a Saturday there would usually be about 30-40 people waiting to play. So a line for next on every table.

For a long time I got to try soooo many setups. Then the place closed. They went out of business. Sad.

One of my friends who is a pro one time asked me: "why do you know all this stuff about equipment? Do you know what I do? I have something I like and I use it. I don't really care about the rest. This one works for me. If I had to get a new one, I would just get the same. If for some reason I had to get something different, there are a bunch of other things that are pretty good too."

The search for the holy grail of rackets is an avoidance of the issue of developing technique. It is fun to explore this stuff but don't get too hung up on it.

Well said!!!

I keep saying that i do this for fun only and not to build my TT skill or develop techniques, definitely i will train with one blade not ten, but i play for fun then it is unlimited options to choose, and some of those options are cheap which it doesn't matter much lose and have the fun to try.

I am almost came to the end of the collection, i have many blades, 3 already tested, the rest will be and i like to play with different players beginners or top level and just enjoy, i really don't care about how good i am playing, even if i will be a top player there will be many who will beat me and then i will not feel happy or very disappointed, but with equipment-holic it will be like i will always feel happy or have fun day and another, today i played against 2 layers who are having coaching almost nearly everyday and i defeated them both with my bad beginner skills, so it is like it is not my goal to be very good playing as much important for me is to enjoy when i play, the coach who trains them is playing against 2 usual players coming there and he was defeated by one the best of them and he was like he lost his money or someone closer to him while he is a top player and he is really amazingly playing style, so if i will be a top player with nice style or technique and i lose time after time then how i can be better or happier if i almost reached my skill and nothing much i can do to not be disappointed?

Another point is anything i buy now i can sell it later if they are no use or i give up table tennis, until that time is coming i will enjoy with more equipment, and i like the fun when i see people reviews and comments and tests and even they ask about equipment one day and another.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tareq, the only way I can say it is you have to gain firsthand knowledge and experience seeing what works well with what in general to get to that level of intuitiveness.

Obviously, you have to tryout a LOT of stuff to get to that point.

It is great asking us on the forum how this COULD work with THAT potentially, but there is nothing replacing firsthand experience.

If you get into a situation like Carl was in, you are in a good spot to tryout new stuff.

I find that a positive for learning if done "right", meaning you stay loyal to your main setup and use that primarily to the point of developing your fundamentals.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Tareq, the only way I can say it is you have to gain firsthand knowledge and experience seeing what works well with what in general to get to that level of intuitiveness.

Obviously, you have to tryout a LOT of stuff to get to that point.

It is great asking us on the forum how this COULD work with THAT potentially, but there is nothing replacing firsthand experience.

If you get into a situation like Carl was in, you are in a good spot to tryout new stuff.

I find that a positive for learning if done "right", meaning you stay loyal to your main setup and use that primarily to the point of developing your fundamentals.

Exactly, and do you know why i chose the name or nickname "TareqPhoto"?

I have many many cameras and many lenses and other gear, i use mainly 2-3 cameras very very much and i use many lenses each for different scenes, all other cameras are backups as i bought them new then i upgraded, and i sold few already, and many many people in my area asking about photography or cameras, i became like one of references for photography gear, but i use mainly 2-3 cameras for specific jobs and i am very happy, did i regret what i bought previously and not using anymore? ZERO regret.

So, same with TT, i buy even 100 rackets but definitely i will use only very specific gear like only 1 or 2, and good that with reviews here and testing some of others rackets i saved more bucks, so instead i buy 15-20 rackets i just go with 5-7, 3 of them are very cheap that i even shouldn't mention, not a lose.

I started with JM because the coach offered me this blade as it was a last piece and i was looking for a racket very much, and he saw that i am very interested in equipment, so i bought it from him without thinking and went with Tenergy rubbers, it was great, won some games, and while i bought or say even before i buy this JM i ordered one cheap blade with cheaper rubbers already and the waiting was so long, so i couldn't wait it and went with JM, and that blade and rubbers were recommendations from someone online, so i didn't buy everything not out of online recommendations, some i bought to my liking but some to other recommendations.

I bought BTY Defense blade because it was too much available in one locally store and was very cheap, and i play many many times against one defensive player who become the closest friend in that club and he was happy from my advises in photography, so i bought that cheap defensive blade just to play against him in his style, i can play offensive and i do with my other blades and win, but i enjoy to play with him in different styles, is that wrong to do?

With many blades that are coming, they are way of some very good deals, fast[OFF/OFF+], all-around, all wood or composite, to see what make them different, i am beginner to others or your standard and i significantly see the difference with my 3 blades and others, and once or twice i played against someone with my blades and then his blade that he is not using anymore or backup and he shocked about how different i am with different rackets, and truly i liked his racket much more than all 3 of mine, and the coach said that the blade is OFF+, the rubbers were not that very popular or most used in the club or around, so it might be the blade, also tested another blade of a coach in my city and that was another WOW blade, so how come 2 blades ended up being better suiting me than mine i chose [forget the defensive blade], until few days the fast blade i have is JM, but now i have some i bought and would like to try, could be that my combos was wrong not the each item was wrong, maybe the best way to find my really best combo or say the suitable one is to understand the differences between the blades materials, design, characteristics, ...etc, same with rubber then i can choose each for best performance i can get.

But i was late, because if i tested those others rackets earlier i may not buy more, it is like my low level skill is better be developed with very fast OFF blade with control, at least if that what i like to play and enjoy with it then it is ..... will be for training to, is that what the feeling meaning?

6 people in the club including me tested someone racket which was DHS HL5 with T05 and T64, WOW, what a blade, even my JM with T05FX and T64 was no match at all, is it a magic that one blade is not giving me satisfaction and another blade let's say with same rubbers almost became like my favorite weapon? if all rackets will not be good in my hand and all were just the same for me and i couldn't tell the difference then i will agree 100000% that i must stick with one blade and develop with it for years.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Look, if you really liked those two blades, why wouldn't you just get the same setup as one of them or both of them and play with the setup/s for a while instead of getting seven different rackets from either of them and 10 different rubbers and trying to figure out which rubbers to try on which blades?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No matter what, I guess the good thing is, your tendency to buy is good for the TT companies and your argumentative style of asking questions does provide entertainment to the forum community.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, there is also nothing wrong with just buying, say, 20 different setups, all different, playing with them. Swapping rubbers between them. Feeling all of the blades with all the different rubbers. Really trying out a lot of different things. It is okay to do that.

But if you feel something that makes you go WOW, like that would be a perfect setup for you, then it is okay to just get the same setup for yourself.

I feel fortunate that for a few years I had this unique opportunity to try so many different setups. At this point I have forgotten more than I can remember. But there is nothing wrong with buying a bunch of rackets.

However, there seems a sense of desperation and addiction, in the argumentative way you ask these questions almost as though you are searching for the Excalibur of rackets, or Lord Voldemort's unbeatable wand (alternately called the death stick, the wand of destiny and the elder wand) and there is only one correct answer.

There is no real such thing as the magic setup and, at the same time, there are many of them.

And the most complicated thing about this is that, as your skills develop, you will feel different things from the same setup because your touch, feel and control, your contact, how you let the ball sink into the sponge, how you use the topsheet, will all change.

But a good player can play with anything.

I have seen good players play with a shoe, a block of wood, a frying pan, a cell phone, a rock, a lollipop, and still play pretty well. Not the level they can play with their main weapon. But, because their technique is so solid, they can play with anything and play at a decently high level.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I get it with all the different camera gear, there is NO WAY to buy ONLY a high end Digital SLR camera body and ONE lens and expect to function in a wide variety of situations, it simply isnt gunna happen. You need several different lenses, flashes, timers, remotes, tripods, pole stick, filters, tulip shade, light tents, backgrounds, high speed cards just to get a START on some serious digital photgraphy... AND the technology changes often... and you are prolly investing in a powerful computer with MASSIVE HD storage, EXPENSIVE editing software, and several HUGE external drives for storage as well.

Fortunately, Table Tennis isn't photography. TT is another animal altogether. You COULD get one bat with certain rubbers and call it a day. We assume we already have serviceable shoes and clothes. We can get by with that and it isn't nearly as involved or expensive as photography, but if you try to buy everything there is out there, it can approach it fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl