Newcastle Grand Prix

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Liam Pitchford again was the star of the show by beating Gavin Rumgay 11-6, 11-5, 11-7. Liams performance has definitely took a step up after his amazing performance at the commonwealth games by beating Gao Ning 17 in the world. Emran picked up a great win on the way in the mens singles by beating stewart Crawford of Scotland in the last 16. However Liam Eventually knocked out Emran by 3 games to 1.

liam pitchford.jpg

Other areas of the competition were Emran Hussain winning band 1 by beating Tom Maynard.

tom maynard.jpg

The under 21 mens final was quite unexpected. Usually the match up would be between the two Grathem Academy players of Matt Ware and Damien Nicholls. However on this date, Tom had a great win over Matt Ware to book himself a place in the final. Damien on route to the final beat the likes of Ryan Collins and David Mcbeath. Damien went on to beat Tom 3-0.

In the womens singles the Lindsay Reynolds beat Sue Collier.

The womens under 21 singles went to Emily Standing of Bristol Academy who beat Caroline Hallows 12-10, 12-10, 11-6

emily stansing.jpg

Results below:

Men’s Singles – Liam Pitchford bt. Gavin Rumgay 11-6, 11-5, 11-7
Women’s Singles – Lindsey Reynolds bt. Sue Collier 11-9, 11-7, 13-11
Under 21 Men’s Singles – Damien Nicholls bt. Tom Maynard 11-6, 12-10, 11-5
Under 21 Women’s Singles – Emily Standing bt. Caroline Hallows 12-10, 12-10, 11-6
Mixed Veterans Singles – Eddie Smith bt. Abdul Wurola 7-11, 11-8, 11-8, 11-8
Mixed Restricted Singles – Christopher Main bt. Matthew Porter 13-11, 11-4, 8-11, 11-1

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i need to get into the english tt scene only knew gavin and pitchford how big are the audience in the grand prixs

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The floor was really slippery there. Did not enjoy nearly breaking my ankle a few times. There was some awesome matches though. Gavin Rumgy vs Sebastian Loso was EPIC. Also really good was Tom Maynard vs Matt Ware, Toms coach had the tactics down, wow how good is he....

hah your the best gregs! coach gregs love it!,, how did you get on m8?

WE need to get thee matches on film :p

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
wow coach greggs was incredible somebody stop him ! the etta have some of the matches on vid son

O thats great son! Did you like my write up? haha... you boys are living the dream in the grand prix atm :p, and hopefully they upload the vids to youtube so i can embed them here.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah the etta need to get more involved. I'll tell you in private how i got on dan to save myself the embarressment of it being posted on the internet lol.

O geesey,,, your up and down like a yoyo... you remind me of myself!! Will chat soon :D