Paul Drinkhall Reviews.... TIBHAR Evolution MX-S

says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi guys, I'm just back from an awesome pre World Championships training camp in Sweden. Whilst I was there I had chance to test out the TIBHAR Evolution MX-S rubber, as requested by a few people on here. It's a really great rubber for those attacking players wanting to play with heavy spin, have a read of my review and check it out!

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/10240-evolution-mx-s

My sponsors Bribar Table Tennis have an offer on this rubber - it's usually priced at £46.99, but the first 100 sheets will be sold for £32.99. You can buy it here:

http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/tibhar-evolution-mx-s.html

Enjoy the review!

This user has no status.
First, good luck in the WTTC!!!

Second, it sounds you will like any Evolution M series new rubbers, i bought MX-P and hope soon to test it, and now you also think MX-S is a great rubber, are you talking because of Tibhar or because you truly like those rubbers in real? And, aren't your pro level making those rubbers great enough for you, what about those who are non pro not high level, will they like the rubbers you like?

Again, good luck in your matches, wish i can watch live as i don't have any good net connection.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Second, it sounds you will like any Evolution M series new rubbers, i bought MX-P and hope soon to test it, and now you also think MX-S is a great rubber, are you talking because of Tibhar or because you truly like those rubbers in real? And, aren't your pro level making those rubbers great enough for you, what about those who are non pro not high level, will they like the rubbers you like?.

It sounds to me like you should read the review because the review does a good comparison of what the differences between MX-P and MX-S are.

Nice review Paul. That would help players know if this is the kind of runner for their style of play. Harder sponge than most tensors but not as hard as a lot of Chinese tacky rubbers. More tacky topsheet than most tensor rubbers. But not tacky the way Chinese tacky rubbers are. Easy for serves and short game because of the harder, less bouncy sponge. Slower because of the less bouncy sponge. More spin but a flatter arc than one would expect from so much spin.

I actually really wonder how that would come about where you get more spin, the rubber isn't as fast, but the arc is flatter and therefore looks like it has less spin than it does.

Sounds like the kind of rubber Wang Liqin used to go for to get those flat arc loop blasts in the old speed glue days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
It sounds to me like you should read the review because the review does a good comparison of what the differences between MX-P and MX-S are.

Nice review Paul. That would help players know if this is the kind of runner for their style of play. Harder sponge than most tensors but not as hard as a lot of Chinese tacky rubbers. More tacky topsheet than most tensor rubbers. But not tacky the way Chinese tacky rubbers are. Easy for serves and short game because of the harder, less bouncy sponge. Slower because of the less bouncy sponge. More spin but a flatter arc than one would expect from so much spin.

I actually really wonder how that would come about where you get more spin, the rubber isn't as fast, but the arc is flatter and therefore looks like it has less spin than it does.

Sounds like the kind of rubber Wang Liqin used to go for to get those flat arc loop blasts in the old speed glue days.

I did read, but i should say my point was that he is a top player, so whether he played with Tibhar M series or another rubber he will do great, and in your post you said he is doing with this rubber that it isn't part of this rubber characteristics, so is that due to the rubber or his technique? did he test another rubbers from another brands such as Stiga, Donic, Xiom, Andro, Yinhe, Friendship, .....etc? another top player sponsored by Butterfly will swear by Tenergy series, so is it this way now?

I feel like all companies or manufacturers have nice quality rubbers and many are equivalent to each other, so why someone will go with specific brand over another? I tested 3 Tibhar rubbers on whatever blades and i was shocked of the performance, so that i didn't think once to go with Paul recommendation about MX-P earlier due to what i was asked for, so if i want something else where is this MX-S is great for should i go with it? Why Tibhar? and why you are using Victas and not Tibhar one of their rubbers at least one side?

Great reviews Paul, but i hope one day due to that you are a top player to test another brands beside Tibhar and give reviews too, ignore BTY Tenergy as we have gazillion reviews about those rubbers so far.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
First, good luck in the WTTC!!!

Second, it sounds you will like any Evolution M series new rubbers, i bought MX-P and hope soon to test it, and now you also think MX-S is a great rubber, are you talking because of Tibhar or because you truly like those rubbers in real? And, aren't your pro level making those rubbers great enough for you, what about those who are non pro not high level, will they like the rubbers you like?

Again, good luck in your matches, wish i can watch live as i don't have any good net connection.

Hi TareqPhoto, Thanks for the good luck wishes!

I changed to TIBHAR first of all BECAUSE I loved the Evolution MX-P. I wanted to play with this rubber so we had some discussion and we were both interested in working together, so that made it possible for me to partner with them. The aim of my reviews is to help players decide which of the rubbers they will like for the individual style that they play. I really thought the MX-S was great for players who like a harder sponge with a tacky surface, and play with lots of spin on there attacking shots. I do not know if other players will like the rubbers or not, these things are very personal and it's never a good idea for a player of any standard to tell someone else 'Oh, you will 100% like this' - I have said this before in my reviews, it is misleading of players to do that!

I simply review the rubber and put my thoughts on what style it will suit. I love the TIBHAR Evolution MX-P for my own game, it works for me - I can say that other players of any level that play a similar style should think about trying it. The MX-S is a little different, players who like to spin more heavily and enjoy playing with this type of rubber should try this, I'm just giving people the option and my thoughts on things. One thing is for sure though - If I did not personally believe in the quality of a rubber, I would not review it personally here.

Hope this helps, and enjoy watching the WTTC!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Hi UpSideDownCarl, YES that is exactly what I'm trying to do! I'm trying to compare different rubbers to help players pick the one that will work best for the style they play. And your analysis of MX-S is exactly right, that is what I was trying to communicate in my review, that it's a Tensor style rubber with hard sponge and tacky surface but not like a traditional Chinese rubber. Spot on, that helps me know I managed to explain it in an OK fashion I suppose!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
I did read, but i should say my point was that he is a top player, so whether he played with Tibhar M series or another rubber he will do great, and in your post you said he is doing with this rubber that it isn't part of this rubber characteristics, so is that due to the rubber or his technique? did he test another rubbers from another brands such as Stiga, Donic, Xiom, Andro, Yinhe, Friendship, .....etc? another top player sponsored by Butterfly will swear by Tenergy series, so is it this way now?

I feel like all companies or manufacturers have nice quality rubbers and many are equivalent to each other, so why someone will go with specific brand over another? I tested 3 Tibhar rubbers on whatever blades and i was shocked of the performance, so that i didn't think once to go with Paul recommendation about MX-P earlier due to what i was asked for, so if i want something else where is this MX-S is great for should i go with it? Why Tibhar? and why you are using Victas and not Tibhar one of their rubbers at least one side?

Great reviews Paul, but i hope one day due to that you are a top player to test another brands beside Tibhar and give reviews too, ignore BTY Tenergy as we have gazillion reviews about those rubbers so far.

Hi again TareqPhoto, I have over the years played with many rubbers to whatever I felt best for my game at that time. I won't be testing other rubbers from other manufacturers as I am now a TIBHAR sponsored player, but my aim is to test a lot of different rubbers from the range to help players pick which is the best for the style that they play.

I personally wanted to change to TIBHAR after sampling the Evolution MX-P on another players bat after he recommended it to me, so for this reason we started discussing a partnership. I believe in this rubber, and I simply thought it would be a nice idea to test some others when I got a chance and help other players know which fubber from the TIBHAR range would be a good option for the style of play that they employ.

Hope that helps!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
They are many Tibhar sponsored players but they using Tenergy rubbers, are you one of these type of folks who are just trying to sell the equipment that aren't using themselves.

Hi t95mwp, thanks for your comment. I personally do not know of any TIBHAR players I have played or practised with who are not using a TIBHAR rubber. I was lucky enough to be with two great guys at a TIBHAR photoshoot in February, Vladi Samsonov and Chen Chien-An, and I can categorically say that they both play with TIBHAR rubbers and blades.

The reason I am 100% NOT 'one of these type of folks', is that I tried the Evolution MX-P on a friends bat on a training camp and liked it so much I decided to approach TIBHAR and ask them if they would maybe work together as I really enjoyed playing with this rubber and thought it was great for my game.

Hope this helps and thanks again for commenting!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi Paul, I'm have been playing with Joola and Tibhar rubbers since I first picked up a bat and think they are great. The MX-S really suits my game. Heavy spin and still quick. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Really pleased you've managed to review it, as tibhar have released a really great product that needs the exposure it deserves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Paul, thanks for the great comments.

Yep, your reviews are very clear. Which is why I was surprised at people questioning your motives for reviewing rubbers by Tibhar. To me it makes sense that a player sponsored by Tibhar would review their rubbers. I also felt, if people had read and understood your reviews they would have seen that you are not simply promoting rubbers. You are saying, very specifically, what the rubbers are good for and what they are not as good for which would help any player who understands their own personal playing styles know if that kind of rubber would suit their game. You are not saying that everyone should try them or that they are just simply great. You are explaining what they do well and what they don't do as well. It is there in the reviews.

Also great answers to those prickly questions. Very solid: You approached Tibhar because you tried and liked their MX-P rubber and wanted to work with them; because you are a player and their product suits your needs; NOT because you are trying to be a salesman.

A player with knowledge can help other players make more informed decisions. That is different than what a salesperson does.

Thank you.

Sent from my SpyPhone using StraightTalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Drinkhall
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl likes Straight Talk.

Paul likes MX-S.

Der_Echte Likes FX-P on most blades and MX-P on stiff composite blades, like Nexy designed Tibhar Inca.

I might have to get a few sheet from the Korean distributor when it hits there, Nexy Korea is a Tibhar distributor.

This user has no status.
Thank you very much for answering us, Paul!

Forgive me if it was like questioning or doubting you, but in these days we can't really be sure or trust completely all those sponsored persons, not just in sports or tennis, but in life in general, so i wanted to know if you are like a player and salesman for this brand or Tibhar, i knew and even met some who were working to brands and when they left they told the truth, so i wanted you to be honest with us and we respect anything either you review by yourself far from promoting or even for promoting it for purpose, i like honest respectful people who don't try to attract by talk and some analysis or reports or in your case by reviews, but to give a real honest experience, if you really truly like or comfortable with Tibhar then we are with you, and i already bought a rubber that you recommended me even before i ask you here, because i trust you as a player more than trusting you as a sponsored by Tibhar.

Hope i will test this MX-P very soon and see why you like ir, not sure if the thickness will give different feeling to me than yours, but i hope it won't that much.

Also, i am not sure on which blade i should use this rubber on, i bought it only one rubber black for FH only, if i will like it then i can buy another for BH too if it is good for BH, but i am not in rush for another same rubber, sounds Tibhar is a company because i tested 3 rubbers from others blades and not sure if the blade is giving the feelings, but i am sure even the rubber has its effect too, so i hope it will be a good relationship with Tibhar products specially rubbers.

Keep your work, we believe you or in you, and again good luck in WTTC, video yourself and send me those videos so i can watch ;-)

Reactions: Paul Drinkhall
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Thank you very much for answering us, Paul!

Forgive me if it was like questioning or doubting you, but in these days we can't really be sure or trust completely all those sponsored persons, not just in sports or tennis, but in life in general, so i wanted to know if you are like a player and salesman for this brand or Tibhar, i knew and even met some who were working to brands and when they left they told the truth, so i wanted you to be honest with us and we respect anything either you review by yourself far from promoting or even for promoting it for purpose, i like honest respectful people who don't try to attract by talk and some analysis or reports or in your case by reviews, but to give a real honest experience, if you really truly like or comfortable with Tibhar then we are with you, and i already bought a rubber that you recommended me even before i ask you here, because i trust you as a player more than trusting you as a sponsored by Tibhar.

Hope i will test this MX-P very soon and see why you like ir, not sure if the thickness will give different feeling to me than yours, but i hope it won't that much.

Also, i am not sure on which blade i should use this rubber on, i bought it only one rubber black for FH only, if i will like it then i can buy another for BH too if it is good for BH, but i am not in rush for another same rubber, sounds Tibhar is a company because i tested 3 rubbers from others blades and not sure if the blade is giving the feelings, but i am sure even the rubber has its effect too, so i hope it will be a good relationship with Tibhar products specially rubbers.

Keep your work, we believe you or in you, and again good luck in WTTC, video yourself and send me those videos so i can watch ;-)

Hi TareqPhoto, no that's absolutely fine do not worry I appreciate all comments. The thickness of the rubber and the sponge will certainly effect the control. It's important when picking a blade that the BALANCE is right, some rubbers play better when combined with a certain blade than others. It's a case of finding the best combination for you then sticking to it and practising hard!

Thanks again for the good luck wishes and enjoy the WTTC!

This user has no status.
Hi TareqPhoto, no that's absolutely fine do not worry I appreciate all comments. The thickness of the rubber and the sponge will certainly effect the control. It's important when picking a blade that the BALANCE is right, some rubbers play better when combined with a certain blade than others. It's a case of finding the best combination for you then sticking to it and practising hard!

Thanks again for the good luck wishes and enjoy the WTTC!

This is what made me to buy more and more blades, because how i can find that BALANCE in blade without trying different or several ones enough to know, everyone will recommend something that they prefer or think it is right for them, so i have to find that blade which will give me that balance, but hope the rubber is suitable for that BALANCED blade if i can find it.