Tabletennis in Shanghai (Meet, Travel, Play..)

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Hei Guys!
How are you all doing?

I will be at the WTTC in Suzhou starting in a few days and after that i will be staying a couple days in Shanghai (untill 15. May)

Besides some normal sightseeing (i dont know yet what exactly) and ofc enyoing the food, drinks and people there I thought it'd be a good idea to do some tabletennis specific things as well.

sooooo... is anybody from Shanghai on this forum? Or has been to Shanghai before and has some good tips what to do etc? :)

I'm pretty much open to anything :) if u want any more infos let me know! :)

Cheers,
Chris

Reactions: Rajah* and Dan

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hi Christian,

I have visited Shanghai twice in recent years both to spend a month or so there for training. I would definitely recommend going to the Jing'an area in Shanghai which is an upmarket area of shops but also has some smaller local sports clubs such as badminton and obviously a table tennis one.

If you want a shopping centre, then xujiahui is absolutely huge and is located in a modern and exciting area! The easiest way to get around to all these is by using the metro which is pretty simple to get around.

If you want to know anything else to visit or more information I'm sure I can help! :)

Dec 2012
Hei Tom!
Thanks for the reply :)
I've been to Shanghai once last year during the Youth Olympic training camp for the "Road to Nanjing" program but back then i did not have much time for myself :) I checked out some tt stores but 2 were closed (due to construction work) the other 3 were lets say a nice experience in all 3 ways :)

I'll stay in a hotel/hostel near the BUND and i'll find some sightseeing to do for sure (there's a lot of things to find online) but you can't really find much about TT-specific stuff (like a tt-cafe, tt-clubs, tt-shops etc ). After all its one of the biggest (if not the biggest) cities in China which is THE country of tabletennis.

thanks for the given info already! :)
I'll check out some Li-Ning stores for sure, maybe I'll do some "every tourist" kind of shopping as well but i'm mainly interested in some cool tt-stuff and the rest will come by itself (meeting people, talking to strangers, food/drinks, partys etc)

So i'm blabbering already here haha, sorry! Any cool tt-infos are appreciated as well as some really nice places u would definitely recommend (for any reason whatsoever) :)

cheers! :)

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
I am near Shanghai :eek:
I konw a good TT equipment store in Shanghai-- Shanghai New World City (Shopping mall) ---Sixth floor
Address: No. 2-68 Nanjing West Rd

Owner14600200752917512249700.jpg

Warm Tip: please take more money, there are soooo many nice equipments...

By the way, the shopping guide (beautiful girl) can help you glue the rubber very well, at least much better than me ;);)

Reactions: T!Christian