PDA

View Full Version : STIGA - TableTennisDaily China Trip Video Series!

TableTennisDaily
04-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Hey everyone!

In January 2015, TableTennisDaily had an incredible opportunity to feature in a video series alongside STIGA to film table tennis in China. The video series has 4 episodes which covers the Chinese National Team training centre, the STIGA Beijing Office, table tennis shops, the Beijing province team, local clubs and the Beijing table tennis school where Ma Long, Ding Ning and Zhang Yining started!

“The Journey Through Chinese Table Tennis”

Episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE6iUfgyriY

Episode 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yBUU7zuUg

Episode 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XR_oZ4NJbU

Episode 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-TmqVVEQ4

Each episode will be released one day each until the start of the World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China.

Outerveneer
04-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Finally. Looking forward to the rest of the videos and some more gameplay! I got a question about the clothes you can see in the back of the interview with Huang Dawei, is those clothes only available at the chines market or are they upcoming product? I have never seen some of it before.

The shop looked awesome!

TTHopeful
04-22-2015, 12:45 PM
At last haha! Looks great, looking forward to the next episodes. You are playing in a shop Dan? Looks good means you can test products before you buy?

Pongfinity
04-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Fantastic! Can't wait to see the other episodes!

Cornel
04-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Very good video, good job, Dan! That shop is absolutely AWESOME! Looking forward to next videos!

rocketscientist
04-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Finally! Been waiting a lifetime and it didn't disappoint. Dan, can you spoil which episode will include the National Team?

Dan
04-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Finally. Looking forward to the rest of the videos and some more gameplay! I got a question about the clothes you can see in the back of the interview with Huang Dawei, is those clothes only available at the chines market or are they upcoming product? I have never seen some of it before.

The shop looked awesome!

Haha you sound relieved :) Yes the clothing in the background is for the Chinese Market I believe. STIGA have different variations of clothing and products for different markets.

At last haha! Looks great, looking forward to the next episodes. You are playing in a shop Dan? Looks good means you can test products before you buy?

Haha yes! We played in a few of the shops, was really cool because you can test rubbers and blades before you buy. Something I have never seen elsewhere :)

Finally! Been waiting a lifetime and it didn't disappoint. Dan, can you spoil which episode will include the National Team?

Glad you enjoyed it! The next episode will feature some of the Chinese National Team centre. Stay tuned for tomorrows episode :)

John18
04-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Awesome ! Thanks Dan and all the team for this great insight !
I can't wait for the rest !

raazzz
04-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Lovely first episode! Nice having both this China adventure and the game of thrones to looking forward to now! :)

Dan
04-22-2015, 10:56 PM
Hey everyone! In tomorrows episode 2, Fan Zhendong will announce the winner of the Carbonado competition that we ran on TableTennisDaily! Stay tuned!

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11150190_10152966389534332_2173552388867111391_n.jpg?oh=a06ce700dd6fd4f15a51c463255fdc39&oe=55D5D1DA

Flash Gordon
04-23-2015, 06:06 AM
what a great video. must been awesome to be there. would love to go to china sometime to see table tennis like you guys.

TableTennisDaily
04-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Episode 2 has just been released!

Find out who won the STIGA Carbonado 190 blade in the video!

Episode 2:

Spitfire
04-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Well Done to the Winner ;)

I won't spoil the surprise ;)

TTHopeful
04-23-2015, 12:03 PM
Congrats to the winner. You should have asked Zhang Jike for a ride in his car! :)

That gym room, amazing.

Michal_Z
04-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh my goooood!!!! :D :D :D

Giangt
04-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Oh my goooood!!!! :D :D :D Congrats buddy! :)

anelo
04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
It's interesting to hear FZD say that the best server is Per Gerell.
Congrats Michal_Z ;)

Flash Gordon
04-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Oh my goooood!!!! :D :D :D
congrats to the win

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 02:00 PM
The list of LIKE had better be longer than the post itself.

dici
04-23-2015, 02:02 PM
congratz to michal_z!

Michal_Z
04-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! In tomorrows episode 2, Fan Zhendong will announce the winner of the Carbonado competition that we ran on TableTennisDaily! Stay tuned!

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11150190_10152966389534332_2173552388867111391_n.jpg?oh=a06ce700dd6fd4f15a51c463255fdc39&oe=55D5D1DA

Well done Fan Zhendong! :)

Thank you guys!
This really made my day ;-)

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Michal_Z...

- Hasn't been around the forum very LONG, registered only because of the comp.
- Rarely participates in any meaningful discussions
- Has a total of 3 posts
- Is in the comp just for the free stuff
- Provides zero value to TTD
- Knows nothing whatsoever about the sport or the equipment/coaching aspects
- Sticks his foot deep down his huge wide-open mouth every time he opens it to speak

HAHAHA Michal_Z is NOT the above in any way like many new members who are obviously in for fame and free stuff.

Michael_Z is one of the very few dozen or two, but increasing in number, of TTD members who

- Been around a LONG time and registered at TTD because he loves TT and wants to share it.
- Frequently participates in many meaningful discussions + provides insight, opinion, and a different look that benefits TTD
- Has a total of over a thousand posts... but not just one liner fanboy comments, he really says good detailed insightful stuff
- Is in the comp just for the LULZ and fun, not really expecting the free stuff
- Provides zero value to TTD NOT !!! Valuable Member! I can say this and I never really had much direct contact with him.
- Sticks his foot deep down his huge wide-open mouth every time he opens it to speak - YEAH RIGHT... NOT.
- Knows nothing whatsoever about the sport or the equipment/coaching aspects - bend over if anyone thinks this. Michael_Z injects REAL energy, passion and professionalism into TTD posts, unlike Heckle and Jeckle (Carl and Der_Echte) who are simply thug life clowns who don't know their head from their arse.

WTG Michal_Z and TTD !!!

Michal_Z
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Thank you man, in fact, I didnt think about that this way never when some competition was on.
But in fact - everytime I saw the winner, I was like.. WHO??
This competition was also only fun for me, I didnt expect it to win.. Thats why I was so surprised, when I saw a video on facebook where I was tagged, that I won some blade, .. I was like.. WHAT?? .. not a good joke..
And it was not a good joke as it was real :)
Now I am really happy and there is one thing I need to think about..

PLAY WITH IT OR NOT? :D

And about those competitions .. hmm ..
Maybe we should change rules from 10 posts to maybe 100, that would do the trick ;-)

TT4Life
04-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Congrats Mr Z :)

SquareBall
04-23-2015, 08:11 PM
In my opinion use it And enjoy it . I agree your posts are great to read!

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 08:21 PM
Thank you man, in fact, I didnt think about that this way never when some competition was on.
But in fact - everytime I saw the winner, I was like.. WHO??
This competition was also only fun for me, I didnt expect it to win.. Thats why I was so surprised, when I saw a video on facebook where I was tagged, that I won some blade, .. I was like.. WHAT?? .. not a good joke..
And it was not a good joke as it was real :)
Now I am really happy and there is one thing I need to think about..

PLAY WITH IT OR NOT? :D

And about those competitions .. hmm ..
Maybe we should change rules from 10 posts to maybe 100, that would do the trick ;-)

I am happy to see you are not negatively affected by my brand or wry wit or humor. Some cannot or will not handle it, so I congratulate you on both counts.

You are truly one of the true "Core" TTD Posters who actually came out on top in these random drawings and it is very well deserved you won. You have the "right" attitude in my book.

My screen name of Der_Echte has a connotation of True, Genuine, Original and you fit the bill, so obviously I can respect that as it is harmonious with my ethos.

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 08:24 PM
As for changing requirements, DAN gets to decide that and he has a LOT of considerations, to include building his brand even larger. At his position, there are many things to consider and any course of action he selects will be open to immediate scrutiny and there is no one way to avoid it all.

"Best" policy in my view is to over time stay true to ones values and stated intent. I wouldn't want to recommend to Dan to do this or that right away in these comps, there are too many factors involved that we do not consider. Dan has to strike a balance that agrees with his goal, the future of his brand, and the TTD members, there really isn't a "right" answer all the time.

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 08:29 PM
To the newer members of TTD, both UpsidedownCarl and I have made numerous parodies and jokes about the comps in the threads and we never really seriously entered these comps as we both get to test MORE than our fair share of TT products and we make a lot of fun of memebrs we feel are in it only for the free stuff and will absolutely NOT hang around TTD and add value. That is OK, both for the new members and for us, we both get what we want and we all live on together. We are thankful TTD members have accepted our style of humor enough to where they will not personally hire the Goon Squad that seem to be contsantly seeking us.

Giangt
04-23-2015, 09:18 PM
To the newer members of TTD, both UpsidedownCarl and I have made numerous parodies and jokes about the comps in the threads and we never really seriously entered these comps as we both get to test MORE than our fair share of TT products and we make a lot of fun of memebrs we feel are in it only for the free stuff and will absolutely NOT hang around TTD and add value. That is OK, both for the new members and for us, we both get what we want and we all live on together. We are thankful TTD members have accepted our style of humor enough to where they will not personally hire the Goon Squad that seem to be contsantly seeking us.

I think people at fast enough to catch that Carl and yourself are the grand old cars in the business that don't know how to play TT, but hang around here in the forum, pretending that you know a lot of stuff about TT and harassing poor young people just for getting cheap laughs and attention.

UpSideDownCarl
04-23-2015, 09:31 PM
What was that about jumping off the bridge? How many times? Der_Echte, I have heard another goon squad has been sent after us for all the humor at the expense of noobs. So, the question is, how shall we take care of the goon squad this time?

Should we start a thread: "win a pro model, TB Super ZLC with pro version H3 and Fan Zhendong's impersonal Tenergy?

Requirements to enter like the TTD page on FaceBook. Contestants must have under 5 posts: ideally those posts don't say anything substantial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpSideDownCarl
04-23-2015, 09:39 PM
No, for real, I think those contests bring numbers to the site. If out of 100 people who come to the site one or two intelligent people are brought to the site who know the sport to some extent, it will liven things up. New blood posting on the forum is welcome even when it is a narcissistic attention whore who is on estrogen therapy and that is causing what little rational thinking capabilities HE may have to be buried under a plethora of psychotic behavior.

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 11:36 PM
I think people at fast enough to catch that Carl and yourself are the grand old cars in the business that don't know how to play TT, but hang around here in the forum, pretending that you know a lot of stuff about TT and harassing poor young people just for getting cheap laughs and attention.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

Giant just revealed a new dimension about himself I NEVER saw coming !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff. Maybe you have a similar sense of humor and are much more reserved than myself.

I can be a very shy dude, but in many situations, I am up front in the lead making stuff happen and not afraid one way or the other.

Man, that was a GOOD one. EPIC.

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 11:43 PM
Carl, you are getting entirely too deep and too real talking about the such intentions and states of mind. You missed your calling. If we could get you a piece of paper saying you have University qualifications for interpretation of psycho-analysis you would be a very busy and successful rich dude in the industry. Let's keep it to the level of evading the Goon Squads and Jumping off the Brooklyn bridge outta joy.

Der_Echte
04-23-2015, 11:46 PM

In American English, we call this a ROAST, and man, you just roasted me and Carl so easily like drinking water.

Also, it isn't easy communicating in written English at this level with English NOT being Ur first language.

say_lapata_plz
04-24-2015, 05:09 AM
congratz mi
you are lucky )

Flash Gordon
04-24-2015, 07:48 AM
be mature and grow up all of you. be happy and enjoy instead this nice forum

TableTennisDaily
04-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Episode 3

Pongfinity
04-24-2015, 01:06 PM
Good memories from that hall... :) Beijing ShiChaHai Sports School, was a great place to stay and train at while my own trips to China. The level of the youngsters is crazy, you really have to play against them to realize it. These kind of schools are the reason why China is so dominant in the sport

mcaibyz2
04-24-2015, 08:07 PM
can't wait for the next episode. BTW, each episode could have been a bit longer...

tabletennisuk
04-24-2015, 09:08 PM
can't wait for the next episode. BTW, each episode could have been a bit longer...

I can't wait till you get into partnership with Stiga, travel to China and film and edit your experience for us all. I look forward to your half hour episodes....

TTHopeful
04-24-2015, 10:36 PM
No wonder those kids are so good. Just look at that training hall, full of them! Tomorrows episode will show Chinese national team training?

Michal_Z
04-25-2015, 07:18 AM
Episode 3

Finally a new episode, this topic was turning to something different thanks to our underground core :D
Although I think this one is not that good, I think the best episode for me will be the no 2 ;)

Anyways - I am not sure I understood well - the kid in yellow, he was .. 6 ?

And also - those quickfire questions .. well .. Backhand or forehand .. what does it actually mean?
That she likes to play more backhand or she likes to play more into the opponents backhand or what ???
I am little lost in this..

m4ndo
04-25-2015, 08:46 AM
70% of the CNT players are using Stiga blades? But why do I always only see viscera light?

TableTennisDaily
04-25-2015, 01:20 PM
Episode 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-TmqVVEQ4

UpSideDownCarl
04-25-2015, 01:58 PM
70% of the CNT players are using Stiga blades? But why do I always only see viscera light?

It is hard to say. That number may not be true. But there are a lot of guys on the CNT that we don't get to see on the international circuit.

Here is a short list of guys who made it to the last round of qualifications for this years World Table Tennis Championships. They were in the third leg of the China trials and they are all on the CNT:

Xu Chenhao

Cheng Jingqi

Fan Shengpeng

Wu Hao

Kong Lingxuan

Zheng Peifeng

Ren Hao

Ma Te

Cui Qinglei

Yin Hang

Liu Yi

Zhu Linfeng

Zhang Yudong

If Stiga is counting all the guys like this--and I just cut and pasted this list from the list of contestants and left out the ones that made it and the ones who everyone has heard of--then there are another 50-60 players on the CNT that most of us haven't seen play all that much outside of the Chinese Super League.

fanTT
04-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Vey nice video series.
Two questions.
1. I think they all are not living in the same city where training center is, so many players are travelling to that city every week/month or how?
2. Dan, don't you feel pitty when how much opportunities you guys are missing to have more random chat with players, coatches etc., and the rest of just because of language barrier? :)

TurboZ
04-25-2015, 03:03 PM
I think it is common for many Chinese workers to travel far from home to work in the cities and only got once or twice chances in a year to go home during the long holidays. Probably the top pro players are doing something similar as well.

XX's answer to the question of his favourite player is "No One", not even LGL? What a daredevil.

Did FZD got a 145 or 190? Is he going to use it in the coming days? I remember XX changed to Intensity in the last WTTC but failed to impress. It is not be a good time to switch to a new blade days before the great event.

Thanks Dan for all the great videos and efforts. Now everyone sit tight for the Bigest Show On Earth!

Killerspintt
04-25-2015, 03:40 PM
FZD prefers the 190 to the 145.

rezzki
04-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Very good, tanks Dan! Looking forward to next videos! congratz Michal Z

raazzz
04-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Great episodes so far! Thanks both Dan and Stiga for the amazing work!
What was the score between you and the twelve year old boy?

tabletennisuk
04-26-2015, 05:08 AM
I thought everybody hated the plastic balls?

By now they would be fine with it. Playing with it 5 or 6 hours a day like they do, they won't notice a difference anymore. Plus, a lot of amateurs issue with it is durability, something they won't need to worry about it! It's not as if they have to dig into their loose change every time they top edge!

Giangt
04-26-2015, 11:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

Giant just revealed a new dimension about himself I NEVER saw coming !!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff. Maybe you have a similar sense of humor and are much more reserved than myself.

I can be a very shy dude, but in many situations, I am up front in the lead making stuff happen and not afraid one way or the other.

Man, that was a GOOD one. EPIC. Haha Will, I have quite similar sense of humor as you and Carl! But as a moderator on TTD I have to be moderate/objective ;) When it comes to you and Carl I can cross the line where other ppl would consider it going a little too far.

Giangt
04-26-2015, 11:59 AM
In American English, we call this a ROAST, and man, you just roasted me and Carl so easily like drinking water.

Also, it isn't easy communicating in written English at this level with English NOT being Ur first language.
Ahh nice! I will add that to my vocabulary ;) And thanks for your compliment... You would be amazed how good danish ppl are communicating in English even though it's not our first language. :)

I do not hope that I heated things up too much...

Outerveneer
04-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Amazing episodes so far! How many more episodes will come out? :)

raazzz
04-28-2015, 04:54 PM
How much did the small kids train in general?

TTcrab
04-30-2015, 01:06 AM
Vey nice video series.
Two questions.
1. I think they all are not living in the same city where training center is, so many players are travelling to that city every week/month or how?
2. Dan, don't you feel pitty when how much opportunities you guys are missing to have more random chat with players, coatches etc., and the rest of just because of language barrier? :)

No one knows better than me.
1.Indeed, the players are living in the same dormitory building during the training period.
2.As far as I know, Xiao Zhan and Chen Bin can talk in English.

Dan
04-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Good memories from that hall... :) Beijing ShiChaHai Sports School, was a great place to stay and train at while my own trips to China. The level of the youngsters is crazy, you really have to play against them to realize it. These kind of schools are the reason why China is so dominant in the sport

Haha yes, this hall is awesome. It is the same hall Tom went to a couple of times to. So true, it is strange at the beginning seeing how good they are. There dedication is unreal!

Anyways - I am not sure I understood well - the kid in yellow, he was .. 6 ?

And also - those quickfire questions .. well .. Backhand or forehand .. what does it actually mean?
That she likes to play more backhand or she likes to play more into the opponents backhand or what ???
I am little lost in this..

Yeah the kid in yellow is 6. He is the best 6 year old in China according the coach winning a mini national tournament in China.

Vey nice video series.
Two questions.

Thanks FanTT,

@TTCrab has answered well here.

1) Yeah they all live in the same building which is around 10 minutes from the training centre if I remember rightly. They have a team coach that goes back and fourth throughout the day. Some of the players and coaches drive themselves, like Zhang Jike in his nice Bentley :)

2) Yes this is very, very true! It has made me want to learn Chinese now! I dunno if I have the time to learn it though. But would be very useful!

Did FZD got a 145 or 190? Is he going to use it in the coming days? I remember XX changed to Intensity in the last WTTC but failed to impress. It is not be a good time to switch to a new blade days before the great event.

Thanks Dan for all the great videos and efforts. Now everyone sit tight for the Bigest Show On Earth!

THanks TurboZ,

I believe he received more 190 blades than 145. But I am not 100% sure, when he received them I was to busy trying to record Ma Long practising :)

Great episodes so far! Thanks both Dan and Stiga for the amazing work!
What was the score between you and the twelve year old boy?

No worries Raaazzz, aha I will upload the full video soon to make it exciting.

Amazing episodes so far! How many more episodes will come out? :)

Thanks Outerveneer! There are 4 in total.

How much did the small kids train in general?

Around 5-6 hours every day. Some train more in the evening to with the adult team. They fit their school around this as it's all built into one big complex with other sports to! Incredible stuff!

raazzz
05-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Nice to hear, looking forward to watch it! Thats a lot but I guess Chinas success doesn't come from luck, indeed it's incredible. :)

Dan
05-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Nice to hear, looking forward to watch it! Thats a lot but I guess Chinas success doesn't come from luck, indeed it's incredible. :)

No worries :)

Yeah I don't think it is luck one bit. It is all hard, relentless work ethic and preparation on a large scale :)

Michal_Z
07-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Episode 2 has just been released!

Find out who won the STIGA Carbonado 190 blade in the video!

Episode 2:

Took me some time till I found an event near me to take this picture..
Here it is, the Youth European Table Tennis Championships 2015, I´ve been there, took the picture, finally!

TableTennis BelgiumTV
08-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Dan, your job is simply amazing :cool: congrats !

raazzz
08-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Dan, your job is simply amazing :cool: congrats !

I don't think anyone disagree about that here! Do you miss China a lot Dan?