"All About Tenergy" Butterfly Science

This user has no status.
The first time i use my first own custom racket almost 3 months ago i started with Tenergy rubbers, 05FX on forehand and 64 for backhand, but now this is gone because someone liked my racket and gave it to him for few days before i get it back from him, but he took the rubbers because he wanted something like new so i gave it to him.

Now i am not sure if i should use same Tenergy rubbers or different or even i go for another brand.

This user has no status.
And people keep complaining about Tenergy or BTY higher prices, if not then Butterfly will not make things or videos or whatever for just cheap prices, from what i see many keep talking about Butterfly which shows me how top they are so i don't surprise of their higher costs, i am using different brands now either blades or rubbers but i must come over Butterfly products and all of them are good enough, not all very high prices anyway, only Tenergy rubbers are expensive, but blades there are many options cheaper from BTY anyway, i bought Carbonado which is nearly $170, my JM is almost same as this price too, so what is the problem with Tenergy rubbers, only the price?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The thing with the price of the rubbers. If you are playing at a decently high level, you have to change them every 2-6 weeks. Let's say it is 6 weeks and the price is $70.00 a sheet. 2 sheets every 6 weeks = $140.00. That comes to about $1,200.00 a year.

Now if you were changing every 4 weeks that would cost about $1,800.00. And changing rubbers every 2 weeks would cost about $3,600.00 a year.

Just for rubbers that is a decent piece of pocket change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
The thing with the price of the rubbers. If you are playing at a decently high level, you have to change them every 2-6 weeks. Let's say it is 6 weeks and the price is $70.00 a sheet. 2 sheets every 6 weeks = $140.00. That comes to about $1,200.00 a year.

Now if you were changing every 4 weeks that would cost about $1,800.00. And changing rubbers every 2 weeks would cost about $3,600.00 a year.

Perfect, i really forgot about changing story, yes, this will be costly if playing a lot and changing more often.

Well, this is why i spent too much within 2-3 months for now to see what kind of rubbers and blades will suit me better, i may like a cheaper rubber with expensive blade, then i can keep that blade longer if it is a high quality and i can change rubber more often if it is cheap enough and not costly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Great video and informative. Having said that, the high price of Tenergy is still turning me off.

This video must be very new since Marcus Freintas just crossed over to BTY from Tibhar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Great video but this calculation is hurting my soul a bit.

The thing with tenergy is also that those rubbers are never on discount. Even if the price of other rubbers is usually around 45-50 euros, you can find them on discount many times in a year......
I bought a bunch of Calibra Tours M for 23 euros per rubbers, still have two of them brand new. I bought alos my Evolution MX-P on discount, 33 euros per rubbers.....

For someone like me, who can't stand playing with deteriorate rubbers (a Tenergy 80 lasts me 4-5 weeks of training + competition, after that time, all the speed of the rubber is like lost and for me it is not enjoyable anymore, unless I tune to give them a second life), the price is very important.

For someone who use 4 or 6 rubbers per year, I can understand that the price doesn't matter really.

says Aging is a killer
If a player is changing rubbers every 2-4 weeks, then that person is a either a semi or full pro. If not, they are fanatics beyond reason. Under normal circumstances (not including accidental damage), even a high level player should not require more than 3 pairs in a TT season. Sure, if he is fastidious, he might use up to 5, but he doesn't really need to.