Kia Ora from Masterton, New Zealand

Kia Ora all -

I am Sam from Masterton, New Zealand.

I was originally born in Japan, moved to Taiwan when I was six, and then moved to New Zealand 11 years ago. Here in Masterton we have our local table tennis club (called Red Star Table Tennis Club) and I have been playing table tennis there regularly every Monday and Thursday nights. If you guys happen to come visit New Zealand or Masterton you are more than welcome to pop in and say hi to us (or better yet, join us for the night).

Can't really remember how many years I have been playing ping pong (since I was a kid but have been on and off for sure...). Never been couched (i.e. self-taught).

My current equipment:

• Blade: Yasaka Musashi Delux (Japanese Pen grip)
  • FH: Yasaka Mark V
  • BH: Yasaka Mark V

Due to my background I am proficient in Japanese and Mandarin. Very occasionally I fly to Taiwan and Japan. If you need some help with Japanese or Mandarin e.g. translate YouTube please do let me know and I'll see what I can do. Or if you need some TT gears from these countries I might be able to get them for you if I have chance (although I generally can purchase them from some Japanese websites more economically).

And as mentioned above, make sure you come visit us when you come to NZ!

Apart from table tennis, I also do badminton and growing carnivorous plant when I am free.

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Sam,

Welcome to TableTennisDaily!

Thanks very much for helping translate articles etc here on TTD. That will help greatly. Looking forward to seeing your posts, see you around!

Enjoy the Worlds this week! :)