Behind the WTTC 2015 in Suzhou, China

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Hei guys, how are you all? :)

I hope you are all enjoying this fantastic WTTC !
Some of you know that Piing of Power is providing most of the videos presented during the WTTC like Daily Review, Qoros Driving with the stars, Shot/Moment of the Day and basically most of the cut videos on Facebook :)
We work quite hard under somewhat difficult circumstances from mostly 9-10 am untill 3-4 am the next morning.

Many people have their doubts and troubles with the ITTF and some of their aspects and i can understand that. Honestly some things seem annoying but you must understand that things are not always as they seem. I will try to give you some insights to understand certain aspects and that the one or other thing that bothers you is something that one person alone decided or is purely not possible (not the moment!)

Anyways, the main reason of this topic is for you guys to ask me some questions for behind the scenes because most of the people can't see how amazing everything off the table is. There is always more than what the eye sees.

Well just give me your positive and negative comments and i will give you mine :D

Cheers!
Chris

This user has no status.
Hello T!Christian

I've posted on the other WTTC topic to express how I (and many others) feel regarding the comms / videos / livescore of the WTTC.
I hope you understand this is nothing personal. I'm sure there are many imperatives which explain some of these issues, and if you could tell us, we'd appreciate more your hard work.

I know it's all sold out, and the games I've watched are very good, and entertaining. Because I've only seen highlights, I'm not sure whether they've broken many balls, but it looks like the BTY Pball is doing the business. Can you confirm?

Dec 2012
Hello T!Christian

I've posted on the other WTTC topic to express how I (and many others) feel regarding the comms / videos / livescore of the WTTC.
I hope you understand this is nothing personal. I'm sure there are many imperatives which explain some of these issues, and if you could tell us, we'd appreciate more your hard work.

I know it's all sold out, and the games I've watched are very good, and entertaining. Because I've only seen highlights, I'm not sure whether they've broken many balls, but it looks like the BTY Pball is doing the business. Can you confirm?

Hei Olio!
I will reply to your earlier message from the second forum as well.
Balls:
There were actually not so many broken balls. I can't speak for the training hall (players use their own balls though) and the second competition hall. I think the quality is a lot lot better than the balls used for the Pro Tour.

I won't take it personally (because all the things people dislike i have nothing to do with :p )

Live scoring:
Live scoring is always handled by the volunteers at all events. This means volunteers sit somewhere close to a table (or at least with clear view) and have to use a tablet whenever a point is played. You will see that in the morning sessions live scoring is actually working quite well because the volunteers are fresh. You can imagine how tiring (and boring) it can be to focus on one thing for half a day. I know this can be annoying but i guess if you watch the livestream you dont need the live ticker so frequently and if you want to use it besides your work you probably dont refresh it every 30 seconds anyways? :)

I will respond to the rest later, need to continue working haha :D

This user has no status.
Thanks.

The problem with livescoring is not the few seconds delay in getting points. It's that sometimes the live scoring will show a player is 2-0 up, then no changes until the final score is shown, 3-4 9-11.

That's not live anymore.

(and yes, I check the scores at work, but don't tell anyone!)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I know this can be annoying but i guess if you watch the livestream you dont need the live ticker so frequently and if you want to use it besides your work you probably dont refresh it every 30 seconds anyways? :)

Thanks.

The problem with livescoring is not the few seconds delay in getting points. It's that sometimes the live scoring will show a player is 2-0 up, then no changes until the final score is shown, 3-4 9-11.

That's not live anymore.

(and yes, I check the scores at work, but don't tell anyone!)

I don't know what everybody else does but if I don't have the chance to watch the live stream, I'm refreshing the live scoring every 10 seconds, trying to catch every change in score! :)

Overall I think you guys are doing a great job! I think the highlights and the rest of the promotional videos are very well made, if a little shorter than I'd ideally prefer!

The problem is that the stream sometimes gets stuck, or is not available at all, which can be real frustrating... I know you guys don't have anything to do with it, and it is really the ITTF's responsibility to predict the huge interest that the Worlds cause and prepare accordingly.

Anyway, exciting next few days ahead, you guys keep up the good job and enjoy yourselves being in the heart of things! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
In past several years I have watched many ITTF pro tour OPENs and various championships and what I noticed ITTF is going to right direction. I mean this WTTC is one of the best - Streaming 8 LIVE tables (in some of them even the stationary camera angle was moved a bit in the side NICE!), also good work on facebook, youtube various videos.

What actually I am missing now is a special video in which showing how players, commentators, other staff are spending time when they are not playing, commentating and so on :)

Ofcourse there are more positive and negative things but that's for now :)