Rubber sponge thickness

This user has no status.
Hi again,

So, i became a collector in TT too, and with all the rackets i already have and used i feel that i am just trying to duplicate some rackets no more, i have no regret even if few rackets they are almost the same in performance but i already enjoyed the experiment.

Now, i have a feeling that i have to make the test of last thing, maybe it is the one that i have to do long time ago, which is testing different rubbers sponge thickness, until now i have the Max, 2.0 and i think 1.9 one of them, i will not talk about the long pipe out as this is different story, but i only talk about inverted rubbers, and with all the rubbers i have of inverted i don't feel i found the one that i really wanted from 2 rackets of others i tested, and i was keep thinking about the type of blade or rubber more, but maybe i have to think more about the physical or the performance i was having so i can tell how to choose the rubber or racket better, and so far i got different blades and different rubbers type and i couldn't get that feeling, so maybe the last test is the sponge thickness.

I forgot the name of both blades of others i tested, but i remember the rubbers, i have 1 of them but didn't get the same feeling, the other 3 are from Tibhar different models, i already have 2 Tibhar rubbers and still not getting there, so i don't think it is the type of rubber either and i am sure the blades could be not that much effect, i may find one blade name soon as the coach is still playing with it [another coach i was talking about] and the other is of the opponent i face a lot there but he sold it already so i can't find out the name of the blade and he is also don't know the name so that he sold it.

So, do you members, my friends, finding differences when using different thickness of the rubber? let's say if you use the same rubber but with different thickness on the same blade, how much difference you can feel/find out? maybe this is the last key of the answer i must look, i can't keep buying many many rubbers at Max or 1.9 and higher and not getting anything that much big different.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A pundit will say go with thinner sponge on BH, like say 1.7 and it is serious old-school advice. I really do not like it, such a thin rubber I have zero use for, but the old-school pundits are recommending what is tried and true for them and the advice not wrong.

You have to use your own judgment and try for yourself.

I do not loop very well with anything less than max or 2.1 sponge, but that is me.

This user has no status.
And i wasn't looking for or thinking about loop at all, not even for drive or spin, the rackets of others i was testing was a rocket or bullet launcher, i liked the power of the ball returned to them or that crazy blazing speed, and the most what i loved about it is the SOUND, it was like i was hitting it with the blade wood itself, so with all the rackets i already have even the fast ones, i couldn't have that same rocket speed and bullet/thunder sound, so it was like all the rubbers with different blades i was using is not getting me more of what i like, spinney yes, fast yes, but it still not that very fast or loud sound i can get, so is that means i am thinking or looking at wrong direction then?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My rally shots depend on spin, my openers even more, for me, if a rubber/blade combo cannot loop well and feel well at impact for these spin shots, it isn't suitable for me.

Some players do not play with a lot of spin and like to hit solid drives that carry less spin, these players would like the flatter, less spin rubbers. Many beginning Koreans play like this and that is why you see almost half of them start with a Schlager Carbon, one of hte fastest blades around, something that would make an American Pundit coach have a sever and prolonged epileptic seizure fit.