Cross country partner. Who will you suggest for next WTTC?

says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
Apr 2012
China Xu Xin partnering with South Korea Yang Haeun write history by winning Suzhou WTTC Mixed Double champion, however it is unlucky for Ma Long and Timo Boll where they have to meet with Zhang Jike/Xu Xin in second round. The cross country partnering has gain attraction from the world and media, think ITTF may consider to introduce it in next WTTC.

I would like to see Xu Xin partnering with Jun Mizutani, but I hope that they can get higher seeding.
By the way I think Wu Yang partnering with Yan An is a wrong match, their style of play are different, if Wu Yang partnering with Joo Saehyuk in mixed double or Wu Yang partnering with Seo Hyowon in women's double could be more interesting.

So, who will you suggest for next WTTC cross country partnership?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is an awesome topic!

I would love to see a partnership for mixed doubles where actually the female player is more successful than the male player. For instance Li Xiaoxia and Patrick Franziska would be rather interesting to me.

Very good thinking there @ZhangJikeTheBest That would be interesting.

For me I would love to see Timo Boll partner with Ma Long, oh wait.... :)

I would like to see Liam Pitchford and Fan Zhendong, now that would be cool!

Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
Apr 2012
Well, an attacker and defender couple can work. The defender has to adapt his/her game and attack more. With Yan An and Wu Yang it was the opposite and that did not work good at all.

Ive seen a training video of Ma Long doubeling with Joo Se Hyuk and Joo did not defend at all, and it worked very good.

I agreed on that, a defender has to attack, I think Joo Se Hyuk can change to attacking style very well, but not for Wu Yang, that's why they are struggling to overcome opponent.

Apr 2012
This is an awesome topic!

Very good thinking there @ZhangJikeTheBest That would be interesting.

For me I would love to see Timo Boll partner with Ma Long, oh wait.... :)

I would like to see Liam Pitchford and Fan Zhendong, now that would be cool!

Hi Dan, I like to see Timo Boll partner with Ma Long again, but ITTF have to settle the seeding, honestly I don't understand why Ma Long (WR 1) + Timo Boll (WR 7) are seeded no 17, whereas Xu Xin (WR 2)+Yang Haeun(WR 21) never been paired before but they are no 5 seed.

Last edited: