Ma Long & Xu Xin using Hurricane 3 on bh in WTTC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
According to Xu Xin's coach a few month back, Xu Xin switch back to Tenergy. Some photo showed Ma Long is using Tenergy in closed training.

Yet, in the WTTC 2015 if you look at the sponge color of both Xu Xin and Ma Long backhand. It looks a lot like Hurricane 3 orange, and definitely not the Tenergy sponge.

Here is some screenshot from WTTC 2015:

malongbhwttc2015.jpg

malongbhwttc20151.jpg

malongbhwttc20152.jpg

xuxinbhwttc2015.jpg

xuxinbhwttc20151.jpg

From the close up of Ma Long blade on the table, You can see the backhand sponge is not the red sponge of Tenergy.

Edit: It is sure that Ma Long is not using a Tenegry. Xu Xin remain inconclusive.

www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/16730075313/
Photo from Ma Long vs Fan Zhengdong, showing Ma Long's blade.

www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/17355052381/
Photo from Ma Long vs Fang Bo. You can see Ma Long's blade on the left. The color of sponge is not like the tenegry sponge of Fang Bo.

Edit 2: it is sure that Xu Xin is using Tenergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I looked at flickr page of ITTf and i saw them using H3 on FH and Tenergy on BH, i can easily see many photos zoomed or at larger sizes of their blades and rubbers, so you are right, most players were playing with H3 blue sponge on FH and maybe or vastly Tenergy rubber on BH.

I am talking about the backhand. Tenergy sponge are red not orange, like the ones Ma Long and Xu Xin in using the the screenshots.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/16730075313/

Here is a close up of Ma Long's blade during Ma Long vs Fan Zhengdong from ITTF Flickr page.

The backhand sponge is not the red Tenergy sponge.

flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/17355052381/

Here is Ma Long's blade besides Fang Bo's blade.

It seems Fang Bo is using a red backhand sponge. Ma Long is not.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Question: how do we know whose is whose?

flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/16730075313/
The photo taken during Ma Long vs Fan Zhengdong. It says so in the description.

From the handle it is a Ma Long 5, which is Ma Long's blade. Fan Zhengdong's blade have a Stiga handle.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Not ML or XX, but I was very surprised that, like it was pointed out in an other TT forum, LSW used Butterfly Spin Art (a tacky rubber) on her BH. Maybe tacky rubbers on the BH is the trend ?

lsw.jpg