Nexy Kanaph and Arirang Blade Review!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are making me want to break out my Arirang again. :D

The Kanaph... you could come from a classic ALC blade (like TBS) and play the same strokes and be right at home, only a little adjustment on the opener... after that it is like Bugs Bunny declaring it to be DUCK SEASON !!!! and power hit away you can all day. I know you appreciate a blade that makes it easy to open then finish the point right away. (or apply overwhelming pressure)

Reactions: Dan
I'm testing various baldes at the moment, most of time using MX-P, and I must say it also work great on 7-ply clipper based blades such as Timo Boll W7 (Clipper based with Koto outer, not mentionning that mine has the very rare scally Koto outer) or Yasaka Extra Special (Clipper based with Walnut outer).

Concerning Nexy blades, I'll wait till I get a Zealot, I already own a Hinoki outer Nexy blade (Nexy Oscar). Do you know what is the outer ply of the Zealot ? From the aspect I think it's Rosewood or Walnut.

edit: after private messages asking me for a picture of scally koto outer, your Viscaria/TBS/ZJK...etc.. blade have scally koto outer if the outer looks like this (picture of my W7):

1430911409-20150506-132055-1.jpg

It is pretty easy to recognize it, it's a small percentage of the production but anyone can be lucky and get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
I'm testing various baldes at the moment, most of time using MX-P, and I must say it also work great on 7-ply clipper based blades such as Timo Boll W7 (Clipper based with Koto outer, not mentionning that mine has the very rare scally Koto outer) or Yasaka Extra Special (Clipper based with Walnut outer).

Concerning Nexy blades, I'll wait till I get a Zealot, I already own a Hinoki outer Nexy blade (Nexy Oscar). Do you know what is the outer ply of the Zealot ? From the aspect I think it's Rosewood or Walnut.

edit: after private messages asking me for a picture of scally koto outer, your Viscaria/TBS/ZJK...etc.. blade have scally koto outer if the outer looks like this (picture of my W7):

1430911409-20150506-132055-1.jpg

It is pretty easy to recognize it, it's a small percentage of the production but anyone can be lucky and get it.
Is the "rare" only applicable to the W7s? because that scale pattern is pretty common on Viscarias and the irregularity on the size of the scale along with the large size (meaning irregular feel of the ball upon impact and slightly harder feel, respectively) of them makes it pretty undesirable if you are a scale pattern fanatic XD

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are making me want to break out my Arirang again. :D

The Kanaph... you could come from a classic ALC blade (like TBS) and play the same strokes and be right at home, only a little adjustment on the opener... after that it is like Bugs Bunny declaring it to be DUCK SEASON !!!! and power hit away you can all day. I know you appreciate a blade that makes it easy to open then finish the point right away. (or apply overwhelming pressure)

Since we were talking about DUCK SEASON, maybe a little vid will make everyone understand what that is...

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Kanaph seems to be very close to the Butterfly Kong Linghui special : 3+2 construction, Hinoki outer + composite, low throw, great dwell time and fast :D

It sounds very similar! I haven't tried a Kong Linghui special, I would like to try it. In terms of its composition it sounds like a very similar blade. Love your reviews Killerspintt and Der_Echte. Keep it up :)