Should I dish $20 and try the (fake)TG3 blue sponge?

This user has no status.
The dealer has verified (obviously for that price) that the TG3 blue sponge is fake, but states the quality of the rubber is still quite good. I'm currently plyaing with the TG3 neo. Has anyone tried this rubber? Will the performance be on par with the TG3 neo?

I've heard the Big Dipper is similar to the H3 provincial, (though I prefer the TG3 over H3), should I get the Big Dipper instead? My question is, just because its fake, does it make it automatically bad? Or, will it have enough gears for me to try?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
The dealer has verified (obviously for that price) that the TG3 blue sponge is fake, but states the quality of the rubber is still quite good. I'm currently plyaing with the TG3 neo. Has anyone tried this rubber? Will the performance be on par with the TG3 neo?

I've heard the Big Dipper is similar to the H3 provincial, (though I prefer the TG3 over H3), should I get the Big Dipper instead? My question is, just because its fake, does it make it automatically bad? Or, will it have enough gears for me to try?

While I don't get the blue sponge fade, and never used any of the myself. I have heard some of the fake DHS rubber can be quite good. To be clear, they are really bad fakes too. Something to keep in mind.

You might want to post the page of the product and see if people here have bought from them. After all we really would not know how good the fakes are, if we don't know which fakes they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
While I don't get the blue sponge fade, and never used any of the myself. I have heard some of the fake DHS rubber can be quite good. To be clear, they are really bad fakes to. Something to keep in mind.

You might want to post the page of the product and see if people here have bought from them. After all we really would not know how good the fakes are, if we don't know which fakes they are.

I see. It isn't the color that has me intrigued. I've noticed that the blue sponges on the both the BD and the fake TG3 are porus. I suspect they will feel different than the classic TG3N, H3N sponges (possibly increased dwell time, different catapult effect, etc.), and I'm very curious to try that "feeling." Also, i'm debating between these two only because i prefer the TG3 over the H3 (as a penhold player, it would be opposite if i were a shakehand player) and I've heard on this forum that BD is comprable to H3 prov/nat.

The seller is XIN WANG DA shopping mall on AliExpress.

This user has no status.
Well i've seen really bad Tenergy fakes that was going around for 15 GBP.....and to be honest, I would say they are alright chinese rubbers for that price (H3 Neo costs 23 here). If i saw them on the internet I would probably avoid them at all costs, but someone handed it to me in a club so I decided to try it. Guess you really wont know how bad/good it is till you really play them :p

This user has no status.
Get the Big dipper. The fakes can be so bad it's unplayable, why risk it?

Agreed. Even if I do luck out with a playable sheet, who's to say I would again when it is time to replace it. The 2 TG3N and the H3N I've purchased so far have been very consistent and comparable quality (which has been quite solid).

This user has no status.
You use the FAKE rubber versions then you gotta worry about the big company Goon Squads trying to catch you. Regular ole versions of company's allround OFF versions of their rubbers play just fine if you match up the sponge hardness to your needs and preferences.

Solid point. I purchase rubbers quite infrequently, so I do not get to experiment as much. I won't lie, I have purchased it :p, but solely out of curiosity. I will more than likely replace it in a few weeks/months. While I've been training with a coach, I have yet to compete in a competition as my free time is quite limited for now.

This user has no status.
Well i've seen really bad Tenergy fakes that was going around for 15 GBP.....and to be honest, I would say they are alright chinese rubbers for that price (H3 Neo costs 23 here). If i saw them on the internet I would probably avoid them at all costs, but someone handed it to me in a club so I decided to try it. Guess you really wont know how bad/good it is till you really play them :p

With such a huge difference in price, you should absolutely expect there to be a huge discrepancy in performance as well. Both the TG3N and the fake TG3BS are around $20 like you said. If I get comparable quality out of the fake one, then I think it would be worth a shot. I just don't want to spend $20 dollars on a $5 rubber. Anyways, I've bought it and will keep everyone posted on how it plays.

TBH, I've been more than happy with quite a few cheep YINHE rubbers. My concern is when I turn it up a notch, will the rubber keep up and not bottom out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I have bought quite a few of these from taobao for fun. Those $3 H3 and Tenergy are crap. The TG3 mentioned normally sell for $7 is of reasonable quality for the price. Bouncy, soft and play nothing like TG3. Stickiness largely gone fast. Grip can be a problem. Speed is ok but spin is minimum. Not worth trying if over $10. But if you can get it cheap then it may be fun to boost. Looks durable enough. Many said fake plays great because the sponge is over the limit. Can't really tell by just looking.