Rubber advice next season

This user has no status.
Hello,
I'm searching for a new rubber for next season but there's so much choice. I would like to hear your advice.

First my playing style:
I am a FH orientated player. I mainly use my FH rubber to loop, sometimes short-push, flick and serve. I rarely block with my FH, I rather counter-loop.
My BH is more varied. I block, push, loop, flick... It's not as good as my FH so I need good control on my BH.

Currently I'm using Adidas P7 on the FH and Xiom musa on the BH. My blade is Adidas V1.3 (OFF-). I really like the P7, so I don't think i gonna change it. I'm less satisfied of my BH rubber. It's too slow and sometimes I have the feeling I don't have enough time to make a topspin stroke. It also requires to much effort to loop a underspin ball.

So I think I need a softer rubber because the ball sinks more in the sponge and I therefore have more time (Xiom musa actually is medium-hard). The rubber must still have good control and be versatile.
I was thinking about the Xiom vega europe and the Andro Impuls Powersponge or Hexer Powersponge.

What's your opinion about those rubbers for my playing style and do you have other recommandations? Mainly for the BH, but alternatives for the FH are also welcome.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Ive used the Impuls a few years on the back hand first with Impuls Speed > then Impuls Powersponge when this came out,
i have a simmilar playstyle like you as you describe when i was playing with this rubber i've tried the Max and 2.0 my feeling with this is that the max has really ALOT less Control then the 2.0 thats why i wouldnt go for the max, When you play with this rubber the Feedback you get after every hit is very nice (plus the sound is nice like speedglue) When Looping its really easy and you don't have to put that much afford in the strokes even against under-spin. The downside off this rubber is the Durability since you can maybe play one Season with it depending on how much u play but its worth the money :) I might even change back to this rubber after my Tenergy dies since i could pretty much Counter block Smash/Push every topspin ball on my backhand which makes this really fun :) Good Luck finding the rubber u need xD