DHS Hurricane 3 neo national blue sponge vs DHS Hurricane national 3 Orange sponge

Hi Guys

So my H3 blue sponge got delivered yesterday and I'm excited to see how it plays but the bigger questions are:
How does it compare to the h3 national Orange sponge?
What are the pros and cons of both rubbers?
Are both rubbers worth investing in?
Which is my personal overall favourite?
Over the next week or two I will do my first in depth review of these rubbers and hopefully answer some questions.

The specs of rubbers:
1) DHS H3 Nat Orange sponge £36.79 (ttnpp) thickness 2.2 at 40 degrees (has been boosted with three layers of falco long term booster as instructed) used on a Donic ovtcharov senso v1 penhold blade.
94512b6767ae08e22e17b5863b20e8a5.jpg
07226524de73524be969bd889df22a1e.jpg

2) DHS H3 Neo Nat Blue sponge £62.00 (ttnpp) thickness 2.15 at 40 degrees (has not been boosted as comes factory tuned) used on a DHS Hurricane Long 5 Penhold blade.
133e6c7390628a21736be2e148db6467.jpg

f1f33688dbdeed2b615ffc872d63e3c0.jpg

Once taking these out of the packs the first thing I recognised was that the blue sponge is considerably lighter than the Orange sponge and also the topsheet of the blue sponge seems to the eye a higher quality than the Orange sponge.

After the boosting process was completed of the Orange sponge it really softened up (would say that both are a euro 40 degree hardness but with still that typical dead feeling of chinese rubbers.

I will complete a full review over next week or two.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and fais
I have managed to test the rubber on vital area’s and compared them to one another, This is a break in review as I know with Chinese rubbers they take a while to break in and for the sponge to soften.
1) Hardness – Both rubbers came to at 40 degrees however as I tuned the orange sponge it softened up a bit but oddly both O.S H3 Nat and B.S H3 Nat felt the same hardness (38 degrees I would say).
2) Tackiness – The O.S H3 Nat felt like a typical Chinese rubber with a lot of tackiness however the B.S H3 Nat didn’t quite have as much tack but did have a very high level of grip like a European rubber and this showed in the Tackiness Test the O.S H3 Nat stayed on the upside down bat for 7.4 seconds while the B.S H3 Nat managed a woeful 4.3 seconds.
3) Bounce – I thought I’d include this even though Chinese rubbers aren’t known for their springiness. The O.S H3 Nat didn’t bounce very high as expected due to the amount of tackiness with on some occasions not bouncing at all! The B.S H3 Nat did seem to have a bit more of a bounce to it nowhere near as much as any tensor rubber but definitely did seem more alive than the O.S.
4) Serves – Now this part I was really excited about testing the O.S H3 Nat had such a nice kick on the pendulum serves I felt like I was in complete control of where I wanted the serve to go, the amount of spin and the power I could generate, even though the sponge was hard it was very forgiving and had a great touch for the short serves. In match play this caused a lot of problems for my opponents who either misread the spin or allowed me to open up a 3 ball attack.
The B.S H3 Nat also excelled in this area with great control, huge amount of spin (more than the O.S) especially with the ghost serves was like the ball didn’t want to stay on the other side of the table. In match play this caused problems which allowed me straight in for an attack or forced them to make an error. The only thing that bugged me about this rubber was it wasn’t as forgiving as the O.S which meant I had to be on point with my serves and not drop concentration levels.
5) Topspin – After a few of hours testing the O.S H3 Nat it became evident that this rubber was definitely for the attacking minded player, backspin was effortless to lift, yes I did have to put the work in with footwork but it was worth it. The O.S had a high arc with also a high kick with the topspin I could really put my opposition under pressure with topspin after topspin, control was great close to far from the table. With the tuner softening the rubber I could really tell as I felt the ball digging into the sponge instead of just feeling like hitting a brick wall with other Chinese rubbers. The only issue was even with the tuner the rubber felt more spin orientated than speed and did lack that away from the table even with an OFF+ blade.
The B.S H3 Nat was completely different in this area it was for the attacking minded player however the rubber was more forgiving away from the table, I didn’t have to worry about my footwork as much as the O.S. Backspin was easy to lift to the point when I was playing in a match my opponent gave up chopping the ball as I was returning it with no effort. The hardness of the sponge played its part with me being able to change from lobbing away from table to attacking from same distance and winning the point. The biggest difference that I found between these rubbers was with the kick of the topspin with the B.S H3 Nat the arc was high but when the ball kicked the spin propelled the ball forward were as the O.S the arc was high but when the ball kicked the spin took the ball higher rather than further the best way to compare this is with Tenergy 05 (Being O.S H3 Nat) and Tenergy 64 (Being B.S H3 Nat).
6) Blocks – This is a vital area in my game especially due to being a penholder, I was quite disappointed with the O.S H3 Nat simply because of the amount of tackiness it has completely reduced the speed of the ball when leaving my bat and on occasions did not get over the net. The B.S H3 Nat was a different story all together I could block perfectly fine and felt I had complete control over direction and speed.
7) Speed – Both these rubbers had good speed close to the table but the further away I went I felt the speed drop in the O.S were as the B.S sustained its level and felt more comfortable and forgiving. If you play away from the table the O.S is a no go.

Overall
My personal opinions of both of these rubbers are that they are very good, high quality top of the range rubbers and are worth the money yes they do have their downfalls but so does Tenergy, Rasant and all those other rubbers. You’re never going to find “The Perfect rubber” just try to find the one that suits you best.
The Orange Sponge H3 National MUST be boosted to use but it’s worth it I’d recommend this to the spin orientated player than plays close- Mid distance to the table. The Blue Sponge Neo National H3 rubber is more expensive but you can really tell why the quality is out of this world and can be used far away from the table with great control and spin, I’d recommend this to the out and out attacking player that plays mid – far distance but still wants the great control and touch.

I would like to thank www.ttnpp.com for supplying me with these rubbers with fantastic value and great customer service and would recommend them to anyone.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi Guys

So my H3 blue sponge got delivered yesterday and I'm excited to see how it plays but the bigger questions are:
How does it compare to the h3 national Orange sponge?
What are the pros and cons of both rubbers?
Are both rubbers worth investing in?
Which is my personal overall favourite?
Over the next week or two I will do my first in depth review of these rubbers and hopefully answer some questions.

The specs of rubbers:
1) DHS H3 Nat Orange sponge £36.79 (ttnpp) thickness 2.2 at 40 degrees (has been boosted with three layers of falco long term booster as instructed) used on a Donic ovtcharov senso v1 penhold blade.
94512b6767ae08e22e17b5863b20e8a5.jpg
07226524de73524be969bd889df22a1e.jpg

2) DHS H3 Neo Nat Blue sponge £62.00 (ttnpp) thickness 2.15 at 40 degrees (has not been boosted as comes factory tuned) used on a DHS Hurricane Long 5 Penhold blade.
133e6c7390628a21736be2e148db6467.jpg

f1f33688dbdeed2b615ffc872d63e3c0.jpg

Once taking these out of the packs the first thing I recognised was that the blue sponge is considerably lighter than the Orange sponge and also the topsheet of the blue sponge seems to the eye a higher quality than the Orange sponge.

After the boosting process was completed of the Orange sponge it really softened up (would say that both are a euro 40 degree hardness but with still that typical dead feeling of chinese rubbers.

I will complete a full review over next week or two.

Cheers

Sent from my Spy Phone using Ganstatalk

I strongly advise you power down your computer and disconnect it from internet TIME NOW. While you are at it, walk towards the nearest cliff and right before you get there, shut off your phone and REMOVE the battery. This will make the BOSS at HQ think you jumped off a cliff. The Goons have already flagged you for use of NATIONAL version. take heed, it is for your own security.

Now if you are a troublemaker like Carl, you could always set some traps for them, like leave bits and pieces of a national version of rubber leading to the cliff and the Goon Squad might keep walking right off the cliff and your problem is over. :D

Personally, unless I lived in China and personally KNEW the CNT coaches, I would look at the National and Pro versions of rubbers like they were Monopoly Money versions of cash.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha. Der_Echte, you promised you wouldn't warn him that the goon squad is after him. Now we will never find out what his reaction and response times will be when he is hunted down by those DHS goons who invariablely find out when someone has unauthorized National versions of their rubbers.

I thought Pricey would be up to the test. Pricey, you could always use a tactic like Der_Echte used when he threatened to pee on them if they didn't pay him for parking. But that was merely a delaying tactic to allow AGold and me to escape.

There is also the honey trap where an attractive woman with lots of curves and a killer loop distracts the goons while you make your getaway.

Or how I set a trap by placing a stack of used, fake, real, Pro, National rubbers over the trap door that leads to the septic tank at the secret hideout.

But I was looking forward to hearing about how you had to think on your feet and set a trap of your own. Because there is little doubt that the goon squad will be on to you now that you have announced to the world that you are using commercially purchased National rubber from DHS.

But you are lucky you didn't try the "Ma Long's Personal H3" rubber. Because that is surely a trap set by the goon squad.

I strongly advise you power down your computer and disconnect it from internet TIME NOW. While you are at it, walk towards the nearest cliff and right before you get there, shut off your phone and REMOVE the battery. This will make the BOSS at HQ think you jumped off a cliff. The Goons have already flagged you for use of NATIONAL version. take heed, it is for your own security.

Now if you are a troublemaker like Carl, you could always set some traps for them, like leave bits and pieces of a national version of rubber leading to the cliff and the Goon Squad might keep walking right off the cliff and your problem is over. :D

Personally, unless I lived in China and personally KNEW the CNT coaches, I would look at the National and Pro versions of rubbers like they were Monopoly Money versions of cash.

I think I'm going to leave crumbs of the blue sponge leading up to my friends house so he can take the blame and when they are at his door sneak in a fake blue sponge and hide it under his pillow :)
When they got him in their headquarters for interrogation I'll send him a message saying serves you rite for beating me last week.

Reactions: Suga D