Rubber advice for Rosewood V

This user has no status.
Hello there!

Im a newbie player with a brand new RW NCT V FL. Regardless im feeling great and improve so much on 6 weeks, i still with that sensation that can be better paired with the right rubber. At first i tried LT Sound FH , LT PLUS BH. Then T05FH, Rakza7 BH. Now im using H3 Neo Com FH, Rakza 7 BH.
Ok, i felt that rakza is awesome to my game, controlled changing the ball speed/spin alot, so i think im sticking with it. But as FH im kinda lost. Now im considering LT Plus as FH, as it was good to my BH. or even Omega IV Pro, Sigma II Pro.

Would you guys give me any advice? every little tip is important to me :eek:

Grateful,
Raul Paccheco.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Two years ago I played with a HRT Rosewood V clone, pretty close to the original, and it worked well with all sorts of rubbers from Joola Rhyzm to Tibhar Genius. I sold that particular blade to someone who is more than happy (and has improved a lot) with Tibhar Evolution FX-P.

Now I´m back with an original Stiga Rosewood V and before my order of Airoc M rubbers arrived I tried Rasant Grip, bluefire M1 and Cornilleau rubbers, but I think the current setup with Airoc M is the most harmonic. The characteristics of the blade and the rubber go very well together.

Airoc is not a cheap rubber, but you may find yourself sticking to it, ending the costly testing.

This user has no status.
Hi Paccheco! For a "newbie" you have tried too many rubbers and you really should settle down and focus on your technique. If you develop your technique, that will help you understand better what kind of player you really are and what is the right equipment for you.
All the rubbers you have tried are very good but they range from soft to hard, euro/jap to chinese, low throw to high throw, light to heavy. You have almost tried anything, so try to figure out which of all the rubbers you liked better.
As a quick answer-suggestion-assumption I would say you should stick a Rakza 7 on your FH as well, since you already like and can control it on your BH, since it's a versatile rubber and since you probably already have one spare sheet available :)...
Your blade is in any case a very good one, it can be paired with almost any kind of rubber and depending on the rubber it can serve allround to offensive game.
Enjoy!

This user has no status.
I just finished a four hour training session with hurricane 3 neo as FH and i will follow with my feelings today.
I use Yasaka Rubber Protector wich kinda seals the rubber against any dust and keep it tacky.
1st hour (warp up, movement) it it was so spinny that it went all over the net, no catapult, sponge elasticity whatsoever. Just after 30min i started to hit fairly.

2-3 hour combined training - it was noticebly less tacky and faster, was hiting every well the ball varying the spin/speed a lot.
~started to feel tired~
Be known that entire time i was policing/watching my self when executing stroke motion. Sometime i even went alone and practice against a mirror :p ~cuckoo

last hour was just couple of games, won 2 lost 2. i felt my losses were due bad service returns e predictible opening loop x.x This last hour rubber performed ok~good enough.
After all this rubber is good when you know its "stages". Some of my pals said that it was pretty fast for a H3NEO but aint feeling it still. The good thing about this rubber is the must-be-done well bodymotion with the stroke.
Sure i will keep this rubber for 2-3 weeks more to see if it pays, but already ordered LT PLUS Max because along with rakza i felt awesome too!
---

Rakza as FH was good. Was landing the ball very good. looping, heavy topspin so does so but...i dont know how to explain... it's better to stay at bh to not profanate my high standarts for this rubber. hehe

-----
Airoc rubber is kinda difficult to find here. Once i found a Calibra Tour H here and it was really lucky. Calibra LT series is easy to find, i think boost too. But Airoc and Calibra tour are really hard! ...sure, if i find it, or find a proud owner, i will test it.
--
I think my style would be somewhat offensive. I keep the ball low then i open with a slow/spinny backhand and vary my stroke each attack but what i really like, and quite sucefull at it, is to kill with a fast/lowthrow parallel ball. It is very satisfying!

Guys, thanks a lot for the feedback! i really appreciate it!

Overall -
T05 ~meh
Rakza 7 ~yeah!
H3NEO ~hmm...
LT Plus ~yeah! (still need to try as FH)
LT Sound ~meh

Looking foward to-
Airoc M
LT Plus as FH
Sigma II Pro
Adidas P7? ~speculating

Grateful,
Raul Pacheco

This user has no status.
Update

This week i tried the LT Plus as FH.
I do not know if i was tired due all the training and therefore wasnt executing that well them strokes, lack of confidence or even the rubber itself...i felt strange, almost avoiding hiting with FH. Sure, it had its moments, some parallel shots were really good but i always found myself holding my arm movement to avoid mistakes.
If earlier i was playing slow, but steady, now im playing slow but hesitant. Like i am a crippled with amazing running shoes.

R7 still good, very good i must say. I improoved my opening loops and speed/spin changes throughout the game :)))
I will try to keep the setup for 2 weeks more to see if the problem is not me. And now im tempted to try rakza7 as fh as it has been a port in a storm to me :p

Regards,
Raul Pacheco.

This user has no status.
Final Update :

I finally settled with Rakza 7 as FH and BH MAX thickness. Now im able to do spinny loops with bh and fh easily, thing that was unknow to me before. The downside is that smashes and hits are way difficult.

In short, with 2 Rakzas it fells just right. I have confidence and consistency. Id advise the pairing to anyone who just bought RW 5 or even RW7.

Very grateful,
Raul Pacheco.