7 year old Japanese Table Tennis player!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The level of table tennis seems to be getting stronger and stronger in Japan! Recently we saw Japanese 11 year old wonder kid Tomokazu Harimoto defeat World no.43 and 71 in Sweden. The footage below features a player even younger, at a mere age of 7!

Check out this 7 year old table tennis player below!

This user has no status.
Awesome!!!

but, no one ask himself this, what about China, isn't there many kids in China also amazing in TT in very early ages? so only Japan showing those kids? i think China keep their kids skills hidden to surprise us later, who knows when those japanese kids will grow, who will be in china team as well?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Awesome!!!

but, no one ask himself this, what about China, isn't there many kids in China also amazing in TT in very early ages? so only Japan showing those kids? i think China keep their kids skills hidden to surprise us later, who knows when those japanese kids will grow, who will be in china team as well?

No, at such a young age, the Japanese player/s always perform better
IMO, they out perform Chinese, as the focus is very different.
The Chinese ones will only blossom around 11-13, seldom you have "7 year old" prodigies
Another reason why you don't see Chinese kids, is the great firewall of China

This user has no status.
No, at such a young age, the Japanese player/s always perform better
IMO, they out perform Chinese, as the focus is very different.
The Chinese ones will only blossom around 11-13, seldom you have "7 year old" prodigies
Another reason why you don't see Chinese kids, is the great firewall of China

Aha, what is the point, if China will feed the national team and they keep dominating then what will be the usefulness of those Japanese unbelievable skilled kids? aren't those kids are prepared to grow up and play in men team as singles or doubles to win titles? i mean big titles, not just tours around the world, we can wait and see who will break the dominance of China later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Aha, what is the point, if China will feed the national team and they keep dominating then what will be the usefulness of those Japanese unbelievable skilled kids? aren't those kids are prepared to grow up and play in men team as singles or doubles to win titles? i mean big titles, not just tours around the world, we can wait and see who will break the dominance of China later.

Obviously table tennis is more than just winning titles, otherwise, why are the 99.99% of the other players playing today?

This user has no status.
Obviously table tennis is more than just winning titles, otherwise, why are the 99.99% of the other players playing today?

Good point, this is what it should be, i just thought those japanese kids are prepared to break china glory or do something to stop them, but if they are just to play and do their best win or not then this is great, i feel sorry if kids are forced to work hard in TT only to be rivals or compete others, but i wish good luck to those kids at least so they can have rewards of their very early time training.