Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 80?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
T05, the pimples on the topsheet are shorter thicker and closer together which gives it a slightly harder feel. T64 the pimples are taller, thinner and spaced further apart which gives it a softer feel. T80: the pimples are shorter than T64 and closer spaced than T64 but taller and further spaced than T05. The sponge and topsheet on all three are the same. The only difference is the pimple configuration. That is what gives these three rubbers different playing characteristics.

I personally like T05 better than either of the others for FH and I like T64 and T05FX equally for BH but for some reason just don't feel T80 works for me.

T05 has a higher throw angle. T64 has a lower throw angle. T80 is in the middle. T05 supposedly gets the most spin and is slower. I don't feel it exactly that way. On big swings I feel like T05 is faster. On short swings like banana over the table you can let the ball sink in more and get more spin from T64.

So I would say that T64 works better for smaller strokes and T05 works better for bigger strokes.

But they are really all close enough that they all are outstanding rubbers even if I like T80 less than T05 or T64.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: splasher78 and fais
This user has no status.
I played short time with Tenergy rubbers and i can't conclude things, but the best rubber i was using out of some is T05FX followed by T05, i also have T64 for short time on my JM blade but someone took it from me as he wanted it so badly, it was fine but somehow faster than my need, it was on BH, maybe it was better for my FH but i can't think wrong about it because of me.

I have T08FX on both sides of ZJK [blue dragon] blade, in fact i didn't test this combo more than 1 time so far, but honestly speaking, i have 3-4 rackets combo are very good similar and all working fine for me, it is just a question of preference of the handle or deign quality or weight or feeling, and the more rubbers i buy the more i feel Tenergy is still a highly recommended one [i didn't say the top choice or number one but it can be for some].

This user has no status.
I use T80 for my FH and T05 for my BH. I feel this combination works better for me since I put more emphasis on power with my forehand and can put more spins based on my strokes. For my BH, the extra spin and high throw works great for my BH flips and reversing pushes. I tried using the opposite rubbers but it messed up my game so I'm sticking with 80 fh and 05 bh lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZQH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hey AndyCouchman,

Tenergy 80 is the ideal balance between spin and speed
Even faster than Tenergy 05 and offering the same speed as Tenergy 25
Tenergy 80 enables all-round topspin play, attack and counterattack regardless of your playing style

Tenergy 05 is a very fast rubber. Its unique spring sponge makes the ball catapult hard off the rubber but the best part of its speed is when you combine it with spin.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Agree with Anders. Completely. Only way to know if it works for you is to try it. I personally prefer T05, but T80 is good too.