STIGA Polaris Blade + Evo Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 3 reviews
STIGA Polaris Blade + Evo Review

Hello everyone, this is going to be my very first Review of the STIGA Polaris Blade + Evo Rubber.

So, I was in Stockholm and went in to Intersport to buy a wristband, but then I saw a Blade called Stiga Polaris with a wristband included. The price was about 90 dollars before but now it had a discount being only 15 dollars! I was actually out after the wristband but then I bought the blade aswell. So I decided to make a review of it :)

I recieved the STIGA Polaris Blade in a red and a black box with a little bit of information on the back.

The rubbers I have been using for the review is Evo on both FH and BH and the ball I have been using is Stiga's Optimum 40+ poly ball.

The weight of the Polaris Blade was 93g.

I have been playing with the Polaris Blade for about 4 hours each.

STIGA Polaris

Weight: 93 grams, with Evo Rubber, 176 grams.

Handle: Flared

Speed: OFF

Test Rubbers: Evo 2.0mm rubber

Test Ball: Stiga Optimum 40+ ball.

7-ply lightweight blade

Flared handle

Evo 2.0mm rubber

ACS system

WRB system

Crystal technology

Balsa construction

NCT technology

Speed:95
Spin:86
Control:47

I was excited to try out the STIGA Polaris Blade because it's a light blade compared to my current blade that im using that is 189 grams. And because of the WRB system and the Crystal technology delivering high speed and spin. The weight was 93 grams and I noticed directly that it felt very light in my hand. The Evo rubber looked perfect on the blade!

I started of with some counter drives and the first I noticed was a decent balance between both power and control, it was a little bit faster than I was expecting it to be, and that was positive because I could feel a great power and control over the ball.

When I started to loop a bit away from the table I could feel the power this blade was able to generate. Together with my Evo rubber I was able to get a good topsin loop with great control. The only thing I noticed when I was far from the table was that I didn't have to put a lot of effort in my loops and strokes as the blade had a great power.

When I started to block and to counter-attack, the first thing I noticed when I was blocking was that it felt almost the same as my current blade with Tenergy 25. The Polaris could generate much speed from using my opponents power and I felt that I could get a good pressure at my opponent. I think that the Polaris Blade is well suited for players who likes to put pressure on the opponent close to the table and a little bit away from the table.

Short play and Serves: it was in the flicks that it required accurate timing when I tested the forehand flicks, if it got mistimed the ball would fly of the table. The blade had great control touching the ball short. With the Evo rubber I had good control over the short game and I could without any problems get really low spinny serves and returns. So a great attribute of this blade was it's ability in the short game.

Mid and Close distance and my experience overall: I could get good pressure playing at mid and close distance. My goal when I play is usually to stay close to the table and to play faster than my opponent. At far range I sometimes felt that I needed to put a little bit of effort into my loops while at close and mid range I almost didn't have to put any effort into my strokes and loops.

I would actually recommend this blade for offenive and agressive players that plays in mid to close range to the table, and that this blade suits all round offensive players very good. I must say that I had some expectations on this blade and I must say that this blade did not dissapoint me at all. I have only been playing with the Polaris Blade for about five practices, so it might be a little bit early to say exactly how this blade plays in the future but the first impression really made an impact on me :) What I think is that Stiga has made something really good here and this is what makes the blade worth the price :)

Here are some photos of the STIGA Polaris blade.

5.jpg3.jpg1.jpg4.jpg2.jpg

Reactions: Martin2513