What happened at Zagreb Open 2015?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
If that's the case I call shenanigans...

He shouldn't be calling those at such a crucial time in the match.

Very unsportsmanlike if that is true.

edit: so after listening carefully I can hear Hachard saying "He missed the ball!" so I think he might think that Mengel's toss grazed his shirt first before he made contact?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
so I notice my generic title of "Zagreb Open 2015" got changed to "What happened..." etc.

Admins... while I appreciate the gesture, I was hoping this thread could have been a more general discussion of the open as well as the video I shared.

Upon creating this thread I noticed there wasn't a general thread already so I thought I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone with this one... but... I have been "censored" :p

edit: or if you guys were going to make one then by all means have at it. I notice you do a good job of listing all the players and including pics and whatnot. Cheers either way :cool:

Last edited:
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
so I notice my generic title of "Zagreb Open 2015" got changed to "What happened..." etc.

Admins... while I appreciate the gesture, I was hoping this thread could have been a more general discussion of the open as well as the video I shared.

Upon creating this thread I noticed there wasn't a general thread already so I thought I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone with this one... but... I have been "censored" :p

edit: or if you guys were going to make one then by all means have at it. I notice you do a good job of listing all the players and including pics and whatnot. Cheers either way :cool:

Hi Aerial,

Totally understand what your saying, we would have left it but we created the topic for the Open on Monday which you can find here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10532-Croatia-Open-2015-ITTF-World-Tour

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
TT_Rouge, I can see your perspective but I don't think it's that bad to be honest--there are a decent amount of pros that probably are much worse than Mengel.

It still is such a crucial time to start complaining about the service though.

I would like it much better if it was Hachard complaining the ball grazed Mengel's shirt but I can't tell from this video.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Well this whole situation reminds me of this:

I had just started getting into TT when WLQ was at the later stages of his career getting his 3rd WTTC--but this gesture definitely made me think of him as one of the greatest TT athletes of all time.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Dan... Aeriel... total rubbish poster. NOT !!!

Aeriel is good folk and he gets crossways of TTD, it was total mistake. Aeriel is gunna move up 1.5 levels or so this next year, look out for hiz vids.

I shoulda got a pic with him last time we were in same venue. He is a North Country Warrior.

Reactions: aerial
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Haha... I appreciate the sentiment about my level going up Der_Echte, but I haven't been practicing as much as I want to. My practice partner is really busy these days.

Not gonna lie though, when my thread title changed it definitely felt like "big brother" was watching :p

What're your thoughts on the Hachard/Mengel incident? I think the call by Hachard was a little bit bogus but I can't be 100% sure cause the video quality isn't that great to see whether or not it actually did graze the shirt of Mengel...

Regardless though, it was a close match though.