What's the difference...

says Xxxxxz
says Xxxxxz
Jan 2015
Between Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Japan Sponge and Kokutaku Tule 007 Japan? I'm deliberating between the two and they seem to be identical apart from the name. Customtabletennis.co.uk even uses identical wording in its review of them both:

"Kokutaku 868 rubber with a Special Soft 38 Degree High Grade Japanese Sponge which is lighter than the Chinese sponge version and is more spin orientated, a much softer feeling rubber.

One of the stickiest rubbers on the planet for high spin.

Exclusive 38 degree soft sponge".

AND

Kokutaku 007 rubber with a Special Soft 38 Degree High Grade Japanese Sponge which is lighter than the Chinese sponge version and is more spin orientated, a much softer feeling rubber.

One of the stickiest rubbers on the planet for high spin.

Exclusive 38 degree soft sponge".

Thanks

stuart

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I had a really bad experience with the tulpe-the topsheet easily separated from the sponge.
And to be honest:the 868 tokyo is not super tacky.The 007 is more tacky.

I prefered the 868 due to its better performance too.

I wrote a full revierw in the equipment review centre for it.take a look at it-it might make it easier for you to decide

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I see at least a dozen different versions of 868 and 007 around. Both rubbers have their own version of tacky, grippy, Jap, Europe, Chinese sponges, designed for 40+ balls and everything in between. I have used the green packaged 868 Tokyo mentioned which is very soft and slight in tack. Good all round rubber but very fragile. I crack it in the slightest touch with the table. I like their new green sponge 868 for 40+ balls best. Very elastic and durable. I have hit the table a few times with the top sheet much harder than before but this rubber is still in one piece with no hint of abuse. I have no experience with any non-Chinese sponge versions yet as they cost about twice the price.