Ryu Seung Min Rubber Review

Hello All,

Earlier this week I received my WTTC prize Ryu Seung Min tenergy 05 rubber (very excited).
I have just managed to take a look at it due to my busy week I have stuck it on my spare blade (Donic Ovtcharov Senso v1 penhold) over the next couple of weeks I'm looking to do an in depth review of this rubber to find out the pros and cons and hopefully compare to a normal T05 rubber to see weather there really is a difference between we get off the shelf and what the pros have specifically made.

When gluing it onto my blade due to RSM being a Japanese penholder there are gaps on the blade which I'm hoping to cut to the size of the rubber but for the moment please find my pics below

Final note I'd like to thank TTD for doing a fantastic job keeping the forum up to date with all the latest table tennis news and great competitions keep up the good work :)

28006f518218ee4b9209fe29493c78ef.jpg

4823961aecd56b6fa4c69b31f9286b68.jpg

38089c658d4d242abcb0397112649c61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a couple of days of trying this rubber I have completed my review of the rubber, before I start the review I have come to the conclusion that this rubber has specifically made for RSM.

In Hand feel - The T05 had no differences in feel both with a fairly soft and springy sponge although to the eye the RSM 05 did have a more premium look.

Grip - The RSM 05 was very grippy even more so than the regular 05.

Bounce - This was one of the areas where the normal 05 and the RSM 05 differed the most when simply bouncing the ball on the RSM 05 the spring acted a lot more quicker and crisper(felt more alive) and made the regular T05 seem a fair bit slower than we know and love.

Speed - This is where my earlier point (rubber specifically made for RSM) comes into play during match and training play I felt this rubber was way way way to fast for a looping game and had no forgiveness in the sponge what so ever. As soon as I started playing closer to the table and driving through the ball instead of looping I really found the advantages of this blade it was great for blocking and I could initiate 3rd and 5th ball attacks more forcefully.

Spin - This is where I was disappointed due to the activeness of the rubber I felt the ball didn't sink into the sponge enough to generate the spin I needed but with a technique change I could generate about 80-85% of what I can generate with a normal T05 I presume it just takes time to get used to the rubber and generate that extra spin.

Serve - Serves speed was the best bar none I've ever used due to the activeness of the rubber however as I mentioned before I needed to adjust my technique a bit to compensate for loss of spin and control.

Overall I think this rubber is great for close to the table flicks and attacks due to the hardness of the rubber I would say its forehand only rubber. My complete comparison to the regular T05 is:

RSM T05 Speed 9.85, Spin 9.0, Control 6.
Regular T05 Speed 9.3, Spin 9.6, Control 7.5

Hope you Enjoyed :)