The best rubber/rubbers from each brand?? Post your thoughts!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Hmm,tricky question-i would say
Yaska-Rakza 7
Xiom-plenty of great rubbers like vega pro,vega europe,china,omega iv...
Bty-Ofc T05
Dhs-All their chinese rubbers are pretty much the same-H3 neo Skyline 3 neo,H2 neo,Skyline 2 neo,never played with tinarc or goldarc :(
Andro-Rasant powersponge or powergrip
Adidas-P7
Haifu-BW 2 and 3(depends from do you want bh or fh rubber)
Joola-Maxxx 450(actually never played with joola rubbers for a long time,only few matches but i loved maxxx 450)
I would add Tibhar-MX-P evo and Genius
Donic-Plenty of great rubbers too-baracuda,bluefire...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Hmmm really hard to say. Don't think anyone have tried all the rubbers from each brands but for me i think:

Butterfly: Definitely the Tenergy series, Bryce was also good during the speed glue era.

From Donic I would probably say Bluefire.

Stiga: The Airoc series or the Calibra series.

Yasaka: I remember liking the Mark V back in the days.

Reactions: Tompa8888
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Everything based on what rubber I would buy from that brand,
Have tried some from Donic (Bluefire jp-01 Turbo, Jp-03, M1-Turbo), Addidas (Tenzone Ultra and P7), Xiom (Sigma 2 Euro), Butterfly's Tenergy 80 and Yasaka's Mark v ofc, so knowing that, here is my choices:

Stiga: Stiga Airoc M or Calibra LT
Yasaka: Rakza 9 or X probably, 7 bh? (Mark V is good, but not fast enough for me)
Donic: Bluefire Jp! jp-01 Turbo and Jp-03 for softer more control-bh.
Xiom: I have tried Sigma 2 Euro, I wil therefore go for that.
Butterfly: Tenergy 05 and 64 obv. (The hybrid 80 did not do the trick for me)
Tibhar: The evolution rubers, I'd go for MX-P fh, Probably FX-P bh. (though might have ended up with EL-P, depending)
Dhs: Hurricane 3 Neo (blue sponge)
Andro: Probably Rasant Powergrip, but I'd might try the new Plaxon 525, bh would be either Plaxon 400 or Rasant Beat? :p
Addidas: Tenzone Ultra for speed, P7 for slower more spin. Both are extraordinary rubbers.
Haifu: tbh no idea, but I'd might have tried, Haifu Shark III (Red Sponge).
Joola: Maxxx 500 or Rhyzm-P, maybe Maxxx-450 on bh.

Nittaku and Victas has good rubbers too, considering Haifu is in there, they should have been too. xD

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Best is such a complicated term. The original Sriver and Mark V are very good for people who are newer to practice. A lot of the top pros seem to use one of the versions of Tenergy for at least one side. Players who aren't using Tenergy on both sides are often using Hurricane 3 or pips.

The term best needs a context. Best for WHAT?

Sure I could go through a host of brands and list rubbers from each. But I won't. I will say that the equipment in TT is overrated and over-examined. I love doing it too because it is fun. But all the highly offensive rubbers from most of the companies are pretty darn fast and spinny. Then there are middle of the road rubbers like the Xiom Vega line that get good spin like a lot of the "Tensor" rubbers but have a little less spin and speed and therefore are much easier to control so in a way these are top notch for a different purpose.

And then there are those rubbers that are classic rubbers from the speed glue era that played like Tenergy with speed glue but without are not fast or spinny and are great for someone just starting to play at the club level.

Or should we talk about pips: Long pips, medium pips, short pips? Which one is best is the wrong question. What are each of them useful for? That is a better question.

I am an offensive player. I have no problem controlling and using Tenergy, Victas, Rasant, Evolution, Rhyzm, Bluefire, H3, you name it. But those rubbers might not be as good for someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Kaizoku