PDA

View Full Version : China National Team Practice Hall (TOUR)

TableTennisDaily
06-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Hey everyone,

This weeks training hall video is not a pro practising but a tour of the formidable Chinese National Team practice hall!

On our travels with STIGA to visit the Chinese National Team Centre (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10359-STIGA-TableTennisDaily-China-Trip-Video-Series!) Dan managed to record and tour the hall the China team practice in.

Check out the tour of the practice hall below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNpaFxCmHQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-TmqVVEQ4

Watch the full video series from our visit to the Chinese National Training Centre with STIGA here. (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10359-STIGA-TableTennisDaily-China-Trip-Video-Series!) The video series covers the local table tennis clubs, to the province clubs and the Chinese National Team centre where Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ding Ning, Zhou Yu, Fang Bo, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia and many other members on the CNT train regularly.

One thing I really loved was how many balls they had! The boxes were so full! The conditions were perfect, the tables were all the very best with one being from the London 2012 Olympics and the other from the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The flooring and lighting was exceptional. The huge floor also included a conference type room for analysis and feedback.

What do you think of this incredible training hall? Pretty cool right!

mahomedy13
06-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Wow!the size of the halls are amazing

John18
06-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Wow, really nice ! Thanks for the insight !
Is the gym center we see in some vids in the same building too ? And are there some "leisure rooms" too?

Tony's Table Tennis
06-11-2015, 01:07 PM
What amazes me is that there is more than 10 centres that is classified CTTA national training centre in China. I think the number is 14 or 16....

And each centre is huge

Old School
06-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Only two start balls for training, I would have thought they always train with 3 star. :)

VicVoc32
06-11-2015, 03:07 PM
So jealous on the Training hall i would love to play some matches there.

Outerveneer
06-12-2015, 01:09 PM
I still enjoy watching these episodes, did the floor have the perfect grip too?

Dan
06-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Such an amazing hall right guys! :)

I still enjoy watching these episodes, did the floor have the perfect grip too?

Yeah the grip on the floor was outstanding. It felt so comfortable to play in. Maybe one day we will hold a TableTennisDaily tournament there :)

Tony's Table Tennis
06-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Such an amazing hall right guys! :)

Yeah the grip on the floor was outstanding. It felt so comfortable to play in. Maybe one day we will hold a TableTennisDaily tournament there :)

TTD forum members vs CNT
I will be the umpire :)

UpSideDownCarl
06-13-2015, 04:07 PM
I still say it is a good policy to bleed them dry with Chicken and Beer bets... at least they will go down happy.

TTD forum members vs CNT
I will be the umpire :)

Hahaha. Nice.

Der_Echte, should we do the chicken and beer tourney vs the CNT with TTTony as umpire? I think we can run that on those guys no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony's Table Tennis
06-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Hahaha. Nice.

Der_Echte, should we do the chicken and beer tourney vs the CNT with TTTony as umpire? I think we can run that on those guys no problem.

Sent from my iP hone using Tapatalk

First, I will fault all those dodgy serves. Anything that has a 1% chance of illegal, I will fault.
Then, every 3 to 5 points, I will inspect they bats, and give them another one to use - every time this will get smaller, and some times there will be "holes" in the middle (like what I did with Shaanxi provincial team when they visited me in Cape Town)

I have so much crazy / dirty tricks, it will be fun :p

UpSideDownCarl
06-13-2015, 10:34 PM
First, I will fault all those dodgy serves. Anything that has a 1% chance of illegal, I will fault.
Then, every 3 to 5 points, I will inspect they bats, and give them another one to use - every time this will get smaller, and some times there will be "holes" in the middle (like what I did with Shaanxi provincial team when they visited me in Cape Town)

I have so much crazy / dirty tricks, it will be fun :p

Hahaha. That would be sooooo fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Der_Echte
06-14-2015, 01:41 AM
I just passed my umpire test and will be soon certified to umpire, so maybe Tony gets to start trouble with Carl on this mission and I watch and laugh off to the side like MUTTLEY.

RajaLoopah
06-14-2015, 02:56 AM
Has anyone notice ZJK's shoes below the huge bucket of balls?

TTHopeful
06-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Has anyone notice ZJK's shoes below the huge bucket of balls?

Yeah I saw them. There are two pairs. Are they Zhang Jike's? :)

RajaLoopah
06-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah I saw them. There are two pairs. Are they Zhang Jike's? :)
I am not really sure but lol something tells me that it is his bcoz of the velcro strap

TTHopeful
06-14-2015, 03:39 PM
I am not really sure but lol something tells me that it is his bcoz of the velcro strap

Haha yes, nice spot. Amazing hall. We should book a trip there!

RajaLoopah
06-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Haha yes, nice spot. Amazing hall. We should book a trip there!
And grab those mizunos unnoticed :)