Timo Boll: Around the net + Hand Switch

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Timo Boll has surprised us in the past with his insane hand switch shots during big matches. One noticeable hand switch was against Jun Mizutani at the Volkswagen Cup 2011. You may also may remember Timo's hand switch against Chen Qi at the Kuwait Open in 2009.

This time around, Timo pulls off a hand switch that goes around the net during a practice session at the 2015 German League final!

Do you ever hand switch during the rally? Or shall we leave this to the pros :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jun 2015
I did it once in a match. Tried to spin it as hard as I could. Only thing is. Bat flew trough the air and broke my blade. So my opinion. Leave it to the super pro's unless its for training purpusses and you dont hit it full power

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
If a beginner at our tt-club wants to play a match against me, i often use my left hand although i'm actually right handed. Most of the times they don't even realise that i use my "wrong" hand, but i don't want to make them feel bad, so i won't tell'em.
I read somewhere that it's supposed to be good for ones brain using the other hand.
My serve's not too far from my right handed ones, but my left handed backhand really sucks!! Gotta really work on that one

Reactions: karibaci
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
That is true Suga D. When I used to train on a high level in Holland we trained multiball with left or Right depending what is your strong hand. If you have a few weeks where your strike is going off ( Your technique is changing in a wrong way) you would do a few multiball session with your weaker hand. Just because your brain needs to learn the technique again. Then when you switch to your strong hand again. everything fell back into place as it should be.

Reactions: Tinykin and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Gemaxed, interesting. Know anyone that tried this form of training? Yes me and everyone at our old club.

Last edited: