Who do you think will win the Japan Open 2015 - ITTF World Tour?

• Ma Long

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fang Bo

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Marcos Freitas

• Koki Niwa

• Tang Peng

• Chuang Chih Yuan

• Yan An

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
GAC Group 2015 ITTF World Tour, Japan Open (Super), 24 June 2015 - 28 June 2015, Kobe, Japan

The Gac Group 2015 ITTF World Tour, Japan Open begins on the 24th June and concludes on the 28th March. This super World Tour event is held in city of Kobe. Newly world champion Ma Long leads the Men's Singles Seedings.

Total number of entries so far is: 170

Main Draw

Men's Singles
Women's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Doubles

Live matches from the Japan Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the Japan Open as the #1 seed.

malonggermanopen2015.jpg

Ma Long no.1 seed - Photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

junasia2012.jpg

Host Nationals Jun Mizutani enters the Japan Open as the #4 seed

01) Ma Long
02) Xu Xin
03) Fan Zhendong
04) Jun Mizutani
05) Fang Bo
06) Marcos Freitas
07) Koki Niwa
08) Tang Peng
09) Chuang Chih Yuan
10) Yan An
11) Joo Se Hyuk
12) Wong Chun Ting
13) Jung Youngsik
14) Tiago Apolonnia
15) Robert Gardos
16) Yuto Muramatsu

Women Singles Seeds

dingning2015.jpg

Ding Ning enters the Japan Open as the #1 seed - Photo by: Reuters

01) Ding Ning
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Feng Tianwei
04) Zhu Yuling
05) Kasumi Ishikawa
06) Wu Yang
07) Ai Fukuhara
08) Chen Meng
09) Ito Mima
10) Seo Hyowon
11) Yu Mengyu
12) Doo Hoi Kem
13) Sayaka Hirano
14) Yang Haeun
15) Elizabeta Samara
16) Yuka Ishigaki

For full player entries click here.

Live matches from the Japan Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Just saw him playing with Kishikawa - nothing special, so many simple mistakes, and he is not very young. In China league he has 8 wins and 7 losses.
Well, but did you know: He already beat players like Timo Boll, Yan An or Zhou Yu in the Super League. And even to Ma Long and Fan Zhendong he's a big challenge, so I would never underestimate him. And I saw the match too, he was nervous and that's all.
Btw Fang Bo is doing many simple mistakes too and his performance in Suzhou was exceptional (also a bit of luck). Take a look at the seedings (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1.asp?s_Event_Type=MS&Competition_ID=2551&rnd=32). I'm pretty sure that Fang Bo will be kicked out by Fan Zhendong in Round of 16.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Does somebody know if Japan has a "formal" National Team in a (or some) National Center(s) where players gather and train together several times during the year like the CNT or do the players train mostly separately in their clubs throughout the year like european players ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well, but did you know: He already beat players like Timo Boll, Yan An or Zhou Yu in the Super League. And even to Ma Long and Fan Zhendong he's a big challenge, so I would never underestimate him. And I saw the match too, he was nervous and that's all.
Btw Fang Bo is doing many simple mistakes too and his performance in Suzhou was exceptional (also a bit of luck). Take a look at the seedings (http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1.asp?s_Event_Type=MS&Competition_ID=2551&rnd=32). I'm pretty sure that Fang Bo will be kicked out by Fan Zhendong in Round of 16.
Of course I always wait for big matches and close ones. So if he defeat Gardos (which is very likely) he will have to face Ma Long. I hope it will be tough match. Fang Bo also do not have much international experience. Not long ago Masato Shiono beat him in first round quite easily. First he has to beat Yan An, it should be close but I do not believe he can win with FZD or XX.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
What's up with the Japanese players? Shiono, Kenta, Kishakawa, et al. don't make it to the main draw, and they didn't look too good in their matches. Seemed uninspired, or something. Hometown pressure too much? Or is this group aging out of the top tier?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Shang Kun now leading 3:0 against Ma Long !!! What did I say? Don't underestimate him :D