PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the old (supposedly still legal LOL) celluloid ball

unknown_poster
06-23-2015, 04:46 AM
We all know how Adham Sharara & ITTF lied about 38 mm ball & how everyone was still free to use it etc

Now they claim old celluloid ball will continue to be legal.

Anyway as I pointed out earlier am not paying $3 for a crappy plastic ball till price drastically drops & quality drastically improves.

I am wondering about hoarding strategies for the old celluloid ball.

1. Any idea how long the manufacturing of celluloid balls will continue ? Or has it already stopped ?

2. Do you think the price of celluloid ball will drop ? or go up ? Why ? (To hoard or not to hoard is my current dilemma.....assumption again being we at HTTTC won't use new balls yet as long as possible. If you pretentiously delude yourself you are a professional player &/or think you are too high & holy to use the celluloid ball then do not play in our tournaments or regular sessions......f off)

3. What is the celluloid acetate or such balls ? Will the become popular ? How do they perform ?

4. Why is the new plastic crap only in white ? So when it eventually becomes available in orange, I can expect to pay $5 per ball initially ? LOL

BTW I am for the environmental concerns as much as the next guy but am not sure why I should stop using less expensive higher quality balls till they continue to be readily available, since this whole thing seems like a confusing political fiasco worse & more ill-conceived than the Durban Aspect Ratio Rule of 1998.

$3 a ball also seems to be some kind of artificial over-pricing informal collusion between manufacturers, as it happens during many new product offerings (when many of you geek nerdy losers spend overnight camping outside Walmart or BestBuy to buy a video game box or such.....with only 50 per store available with 5000 of you waiting outside !!), their excuse being they need to amortize their R&D costs in the shortest time period.

Rajah*
06-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Are you a businessman?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

unknown_poster
06-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Are you a businessman?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk I do not see why my being a businessman is relevant to this discussion. I want to hoard the balls if the price of celluloid ball will shoot thru the roof in the future. If you ask this question because may be you think I am trying to make money by hoarding balls as a businessman , the answer is NO , these balls are for future use at our table-tennis center HTTTC (see my signature for link) . I am not trying profit from hoarding by selling at a higher price if that is what you are thinking. It is just for our consumption not for business use. As I said HTTTC has no plans to switch to plastic crap balls for another few years unless & until quality improves & price drops. We are OK with celluloid balls thank you.....we don't need to delude like we are professional players and only use professionals use. (Since HTTTC runs only unsanctioned tournaments due to USATT's arrogant refusal to give exemption to the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio rule we don't care.......regardless celluloid balls are supposedly legal forever anyway)

UpSideDownCarl
06-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Models still sells 38 mm balls.

I doubt you will have to worry about this. Balls like GoGo balls which are not great but not bad and sell for $40.00 a gross (144) never had an ITTF or USATT approval on the balls in the first place and are probably not going to stop producing and selling what they are making for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk