What are the best approaches/methods to self-diagnosing a problem in your stroke?

This user has no status.
Hey guys

This is a fairly vast question but here goes.

What are your methods/approaches to figuring out the error in the stroke you just played during the a match? for eg. if I am not putting away easy FH loops but I know my position and stroke were decent then usually my racket was not closed enough.

Go into as much depth as you like

Thanks

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What are the best approaches/methods to self-diagnosing a problem in your str...

The best way is definitely to video tape the match and make a full analysis when watching it after the game.

Raazzz has given the best answer possible.

I actually thought I gave this basic answer but I guess I never wrote it down. The best way to assess your own performance is by seeing it and analyzing what you do: choices you make; stroke performance and execution; strategy. A coach to help you watch and analyze is worth it as well.

It is really not possible to see what you are doing without seeing it from outside yourself. And often when we see what we are doing, unless we have done enough watching video, what we are doing looks different--and often not as good--as we thought it looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: raazzz