Butterfly innerforce layer series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Can only give an answer based on Butterfly information shown in 2015 vs 2014 catalog.
The Innerforce layer ZLC is 157 x 150, while the old serie was 158 x 152. The weight stayed the same, but this is because the innerforce layer zlc has a thickness of 5.7mm while the old serie was 5.6mm. So smaller blade size and thicker, so probably just a little bit faster, less head heavy and less vibration.
The innerforce layer ALC is 6.0mm while in old serie they said 5.9mm
Cant find any differences in the Innerforce layer AL and the old serie.

So the ALC and AL stayed the same, but the price also stayed the same. There are changes made in the ZLC and that one got a higher price. 189,90 for Innerforce layer ALC, while the old serie was 159,90.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Wrong do not read : The main difference is the position of the artificial fibers (ZLC,ALC,AL). The new innerforce layers have these fibers aplplied directly above the wooden core.

For old innerforce it's : wood - fiber - wood -wood (core) - wood - fiber - wood
For new innerforce layers : wood - wood - fiber - wood (core) - fiber - wood - wood

So the new innerforce layers are supposed to be softer and more wood feel (I've never tried them).

Edit: all wrong, sorry.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
The main difference is the position of the artificial fibers (ZLC,ALC,AL). The new innerforce layers have these fibers aplplied directly above the wooden core.

For old innerforce it's : wood - fiber - wood -wood (core) - wood - fiber - wood
For new innerforce layers : wood - wood - fiber - wood (core) - fiber - wood - wood

So the new innerforce layers are supposed to be softer and more wood feel (I've never tried them).

The old Innerforce series always had the artificial fiber near the core. Thats why the serie was called Innerforce because of the placement of the fiber next to the core.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Can only give an answer based on Butterfly information shown in 2015 vs 2014 catalog.
The Innerforce layer ZLC is 157 x 150, while the old serie was 158 x 152. The weight stayed the same, but this is because the innerforce layer zlc has a thickness of 5.7mm while the old serie was 5.6mm. So smaller blade size and thicker, so probably just a little bit faster, less head heavy and less vibration.
The innerforce layer ALC is 6.0mm while in old serie they said 5.9mm
Cant find any differences in the Innerforce layer AL and the old serie.

So the ALC and AL stayed the same, but the price also stayed the same. There are changes made in the ZLC and that one got a higher price. 189,90 for Innerforce layer ALC, while the old serie was 159,90.
I agree on most of your assumptions about the blades are a bit faster and less heavy, but less vibration... Ehmm the height/width relation is greater on the new blades than the old ones. I would expect the new blades have more flex thus more vibration.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
The old Innerforce series always had the artificial fiber near the core. Thats why the serie was called Innerforce because of the placement of the fiber next to the core.
Oh yeah, you're right, my bad.
I get that mixed up with the ZJK and TB series.