Jan-Ove Waldner Career!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Great compilation. I was waiting for some of the games versus the "newer generation" that the video mentioned towards the end but I guess the creator didn't have any source video of that.

I think one of his last greatest shots was the no-look shot he pulled off vs Ryu Seungmin in the 04 Olympics (who was the eventual winner).

Also, at 52:04 where it is Waldner vs Zoran Kalinic from Yugoslavia--I have never seen a professional European penholder before. Interesting to see one in this video. I had heard that the penhold grip actually originated in Hungary but I could not find a source.

Can anyone verify that? Just interested... :)

This user has no status.
J-O did some amazing shots and tricks in the latest season of the Swedish League. He may not still be the fastest player around anymore, but thanx to his long experience, he knows every player and their styles very well. So it is not to hard to play smart and to place the ball without the need to move as much.

If you want to see the most incredible service return ever made (perhaps?!), you can take a look in my Youtube channel. I am sure you can figure out which shot i am talking about....

So happy to be on place and watched it live :D:D

I also received a half-empty candy bag from J-O that day, and told him congratulations for his team winning the match:D:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I completely forgot he still played in the Swedish league... I was thinking in terms of his last shots in the international circuit.

I remember reading an article talking about his last league results and how it did not end in his favor, http://blog.paddlepalace.com/2015/05/j-o-i-hope-this-was-not-the-end/

Wonder if he still has it in him to bring a team to become Swedish league champions... :p

This user has no status.
I completely forgot he still played in the Swedish league... I was thinking in terms of his last shots in the international circuit.

I remember reading an article talking about his last league results and how it did not end in his favor, http://blog.paddlepalace.com/2015/05/j-o-i-hope-this-was-not-the-end/

Wonder if he still has it in him to bring a team to become Swedish league champions... :p

Well, he still has the capacity to beat every player in the league. as long as he is motivated enough, and his back does not hurt.

but for a player who has won everything that is possible to win, he sure feels sometimes that he has nothing to proove anymore.

but he still makes the most magic shots in the world :D

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Makes the game look so simple. Just seems to have so much time to make his shots.
Lovely variation of ball speed. He is never trying to just bludgeon his way through by full topspin attack on every ball.
Seems to know where the ball and his opponent are going before they do.

Reactions: Suga D