Share your thoughts of your rubbers that you use + your experience with other rubbers

This user has no status.
So I'm getting a Xiom Omega V Europe Max Red for my backhand on my penhold blade (Ma lin Extra Offensive) (I play RPB) and I already have a black Rakza X max for my forehand, I have no experience with these rubbers but am highly anticipating playing with them!! Share your thoughts on your favoured rubbers and your experiences!!

This user has no status.
My best forehand rubber for now is Tenergy 05, i can play with 05FX too but i use that 05FX on my backhand, and it is really nice for everything except receiving/returning very spinney serves, most of the time i miss a lot of those serves than winning them, so i think something softer or less sensitive for coming spin that will be great, but the 05FX rubber is also fast for flicks and smash.

My other rubbers are still under testing, MX-P is next great rubber i have after Tenergy 05, but i didn't give it much test yet, i once used Tenergy 64 for my BH on JM blade, i didn't like it as much as 05 or 05FX, but i think it will be good for FH instead.

But i have a question, isn't the rubber be affected by the blade used by it? i mean i slower soft rubber will not be a bit fast with very hard fast blade? so how can we make an accurate review or determination about a rubber if using different blades? some rubbers are great on anything, but some may not.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I play penhold with RPB as well.
My experience is that you would normally want a soft at most medium hard sponge rubber on RPB if your technuiqe is not advanced. (Because less margin for mistake) and RPB is hard to master. Of the rubbers I've tried; Mark v, Tenergy 80, Donic bluefire jp-01 Turbo, M1-turbo and jp-03, Adidas Tenzone Ultra and P7 (which might be an exception to this) and Xiom Sigma 2 Euro.
I have to say I preferered Tenzone Ultra for my fh. I am still in doubth on wether to go for jp-03 or P7 on bh.
P7 has a nicer feel and OP spin if you get the shot right, but harder sponge and slightly harder to controll.
Jp-03 feels very soft, the ball sinks in and allow you to place it almost where ever you want, but not on the same lvl as P7 in other aspects, P7 is not Tensor while jp-03 is.
Jp-01 Turbo is my second fav fh rubber and it can generate a bit more spin than Tenzone Ultra. But Tenzone Ultra is superior in counter top spin, speed AND precision, in comperance to the raise in speed. It feels slightly harder vs jp-01 Turbo but the slightly harder feel it had is what I was wanting improoved from my jp-01 Turbo, with a slightly shorter rebounce time and easier in counter loops. Also worth noting I think few rubbers are as good as Tenzone Ultra in pure blocking.
Therefore the slight decrease in spin (which can be fixed with a better stroke) is not a major Con compared to the pro's. If you want a rubber as fast, maybe slightly faster with similar sponge hardness and spin as Rakza X with a bit higher throw angle (similar to Tenergy 05 actually) . (Rakza x has a low throw angle) tenzone Ultra is the way to go :D
Regarding bh, comparing to Xiom omega v europe if you want a slightly slower rubber but with more op spin, P7 is the way. If you want a bit slower, with more control, still good spin and softer sponge/feel jp-03 is dominant.
Imo at least. :L

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Very detailed response. I wasn't really asking for rubber recommendations as I have my set up for now completely locked and not regretting but I'm glad you tried to convert me. There is 1 guy at my club that sells rubbers that sports rezone ultra and I have hits with him often. I also tried bis bat and it was very good, a tad hard to control though, but it was a shake hand blade and I do play penhold so yeah.

Reactions: Kaizoku
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I gotta pimp up Nexy Elpis for BH. I used XP 2008 on BH, the famous rubber that was my BH rubber of choice for the "Der_Echte Special" I used that rubber 5 years, so if a rubber can displace it, that is good stuff.

Sounds nice, wish there were more reviews for Nexy products though. I could find some on other forums but.
Neither ttdb or the equipment feed here has any for Nexy's rubbers. (appart from the demian in ttdb)
but uhm, it's a rubber pretty similar to XP 2008 is it not? xD with a few notches better quality?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61791&title=nexy-elpis-rubber

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sounds nice, wish there were more reviews for Nexy products though. I could find some on other forums but.
Neither ttdb or the equipment feed here has any for Nexy's rubbers. (appart from the demian in ttdb)
but uhm, it's a rubber pretty similar to XP 2008 is it not? xD with a few notches better quality?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61791&title=nexy-elpis-rubber

Elpis has more offensive potential than Demian II. Elpis is different from XP 2008, which has a thicker topsheet, sponge different too. Could be a FH rubber in an emergency, but it isn't as dynamic as the top end rubbers like MX-P/Tenergy/Airoc/ETC but it basically does the same thing - control and spin/pace when I want it.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
With an earlier post, I waz pimping Dan's review centre.

Two other rubbers I use for FH are Evo Series and Aurus, which I reviewed them all in the review centre.

I call Aurus the "Swiss Army Knife" of modern TT rubbers. It does about everything and well with a decent top end pace and spin. You can slap that dog on just about any blade and it will hunt. I use MX-P on stiffer/faster/more solid blades and FX-P on the more flexy ones and the spin and control are awesum.

This user has no status.
I have been playing with andro PLAXON 450 on my FH for a few weeks now and I rly like this rubber.

It's has a medium sponge with good gears from soft short touches to spiny loops. It's obviously not as fast as a hard sponge rubber but fast enough to win points with.

I would say it comes close to Tenergy when it comes to spin but with the added bonus of not being to fast if you think Tenergy is to fast for you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I gotta pimp up Nexy Elpis for BH. I used XP 2008 on BH, the famous rubber that was my BH rubber of choice for the "Der_Echte Special" I used that rubber 5 years, so if a rubber can displace it, that is good stuff.
Der_Echte (or anyone else who has used Elpis)
In the last year, I've used Palio Bitz, 729 Battle (non tacky) and Joola Rhyzm 425 on my BH. Can you compare Elpis to any of those rubbers so I have an idea of how it plays?
Thanks

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Elpis is an allround offensive rubber with a medium sponge.

It is in the same class as regular Sriver and XP2008, rubbers with great control, bit Elpis has a little more offensive potential. I wouldn't play XP2008 on FH, but if I played a point or two with Elpis on FH I wouldn't flip out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Thanks. Sometimes w/ the Battle rubber when I do a quick flip topspin against a ball that was hard and deep to my BH, I can't get the topspin I'm after (sometimes netting my shot.) With the Rhyzm 425, this situation has not been nearly as troublesome to me. My guess is the power of the Rhyzm 425 along w/ ability to engage the sponge for added grip allows me to get that spin when I'm not ideally in optimal position for the shot. I know you have a strong backhand. Do you have an idea how Elpis would compare in that situation?
Thanks again. I appreciate the knowledge of more experienced players such as yourself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
I'm really happy with my rubbers. DHS Tin Arc on forehand gives me great spin while not being that sensitive to spin. It's like a Euro-Chinese hybrid so I don't lose control over the table.

The Spinlord Tiger is like a faster Sriver. It's very good for flips and pushing short and I can generate enough spin while backhand looping.