Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The shakehand vs Penhold tournament was an amazing tournament that took place in China 2 days ago. Liu Guoliang considers Timo Boll as the biggest threat to them and he is considered the “enemy of the 1.3 billion people.” After the charity match in China, Boll had an interview which tackled about Liu Guoliang’s comments, his comparison to Waldner, and his goals for the upcoming Olympics.

Main article Timo Boll's Interview with the Enemies

Here are the results Shakehand 3 - Penhold 2

Ma Lin won against Timo Boll (Penhold lead 1-0)
Zhang Jike won against Wang Hao (Tied 1-1)
Zhang Jike / Ma Long won against Ma Lin / Ryu Seung Min (Shakehand lead 2-1)
Wang Hao won against Timo Boll (Tied 2-2)
Ma Long won against Ryu Seung Min (one game match, and Shakehand won 3-2)

raiting_na_mart_2011.jpg

Despite overall victory for the Shakehand, Timo Boll had a very poor performance that night losing two winning points for his team. The reason behind this was jet lag and fatigue. The German superstar arrived in Shenyang from Germany on the same day of the competition. He lost to Ma Lin and Wang Hao.

Before the match, an introduction for all the players was made. During that time, Liu Guoliang referred Boll as the “opponent of the 1.3 billion people.” He also said that as long as Boll continues to play, he will not have a sound sleep at night.

After the game, Boll accepted an interview in the player’s lounge. He said that he feels honored by his impact on the Chinese players and the coaches. And as for the upcoming London Olympics, Boll said that he has great hopes for the gold medal.

The Interview with Timo Boll

FW: Coach Liu Guoliang said that you are not just the biggest enemy of the Chinese Team but also the enemy of the 1.3 billion people. In addition, he also said that as long as you are still playing, his sleep will never be comfortable. Do you agree with him?

Boll: (Smile) Liu Guoliang’s attention makes me feel honoured. However, the strength of the Chinese players is beyond any doubt. There are only few players who can actually compete with the Chinese paddlers. And that includes me but my strength still has a very big gap between them. So I think coach Liu Guoliang can sleep soundly.

FW: Only a few can compete with the Chinese and that includes you. Do you feel pressure with it?

Boll: There is pressure but this is where my motivation comes from. Playing with the Chinese allows me to be in a better condition and morale. It also allows a continuous development for my career. I don’t have any thought of retiring. I am now 30 years old and I’m still at my peak. So I may still have a couple more years to come.

FW: You have been competing with the Chinese players for more than a decade now. In 2002, you have occupied the word’s top throne. With that a lot of people regard you as the second Waldner. Do you want to be like him?

Boll: Waldner is an outstanding athlete. He is also a good example and role model for European athletes. He had a long and fulfilling career and was regarded as China’s old rival.

However, facing the Chinese Team today is different from his time. China’s current team holds the top players. Each player in their team is tough. Of course, I want to be like Waldner and be able to achieve the same results as well.

Learning from Ryu Seung Min to break the Chinese Monopoly

FW: After the Rotterdam championships, a lot of people discussed the sweep victory of the Chinese. And in any world competitions, China has been dominating in all of them. What are your views on that?

Boll: I think it just reflects their strength as a team. Their levels are at the peak so naturally the gold medals will fall into their hands. But that is also the reason why many foreign players are willing to challenge the Chinese Team. They just want to break the great wall of the Chinese.

FW: Every time you play against a Chinese athlete, do you have any special preparations before the match?

Boll: No special preparations. I just release my highest level in every match I have.

FW: The London Olympics is just a year from now and the Chinese has once again set their goals on the four gold medals. Do you have any idea on how to break this goal?

Boll: Of course, as a player, I want to win the gold and silver medals in London. Ryu Seung Min’s victory in Athens gave us foreigners a very big encouragement. In addition, there would be only two players for the singles in the upcoming Olympics. Compared to the World Championships and the International Opens, hopes for the foreign athletes are bigger in London. So I think I have hope for the gold medal in the upcoming Olympics.

FW: This year, you would be entering the Chinese Super League. Is this a part of your preparations for London?

Boll: Yes. A lot of elite foreign athletes have been participating in the Super League. This can allow me to maintain my condition and competency at its best level. It also gives me an opportunity to play more with the Chinese players and eventually have a deeper understanding about them. I will play in the Super League for this purpose.

So what do you think of this interview? What were the best points you read?

---Please share this article to your friends of facebook guys---

Main article Timo Boll's Interview with the Enemies

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Wow, thanks Dan for sharing this. Really Awsome ^^
Poor Liu Guoliang, his sleeps are not comfortable because of Timo Boll :D
It's a great news that Timo Boll still continues playing and trying to take the chinese out of their throne :)
Timo has great motivation and prepares himself very well for the future.

Timo Boll is my favourite player, he gives my a lot of inspiration and he is a relly nice guy!
Go Timo, don't let Liu Guoliang sleep well :D