PDA

View Full Version : Crazy long pips rubber >>>> Bamboo Slash

unknown_poster
07-08-2015, 10:28 PM
How many of you have heard of this rubber ?

Der_Echte
07-09-2015, 02:29 AM
One day I'm gunna find some red pips that are REAL long and meticulously glue them to an old sheet of SP OX.

The end result will look like ridiculous long LP and I will call it MEDUSA since it will look like a tangled version of her hair.

StuartMarquis
07-09-2015, 06:28 AM
Didn't this rubber have angled pips to create extra disruption? Would that still even be legal?

allencorn
07-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Didn't this rubber have angled pips to create extra disruption? Would that still even be legal?

That is my recollection. Used in one direction and angle, the ball contacted just an edge of the top of the pip, and it played like anti. Contact the other direction, and the ball contacted the full surface of the pip, and it was quite spinny. Haven't heard about it in years, so I assumed it was deemed illegal and was no longer around.

Old School
07-10-2015, 06:09 AM
so I assumed it was deemed illegal and was no longer around.

It is illegal.

UpSideDownCarl
07-10-2015, 12:56 PM
That is too bad. It sounds like it would be torture to play against. hahahaha.

unknown_poster
07-11-2015, 03:31 AM
That is my recollection. Used in one direction and angle, the ball contacted just an edge of the top of the pip, nd it played like anti. Contact the other direction, and the ball contacted the full surface of the pip, and it was quite spinny. Haven't heard about it in years, so I assumed it was deemed illegal and was no longer around.

True it had been rendered illegal before 90's I think (During Dr.Rufford Harrison's reign of terror against defenders before he passed the baton to Adham Sharara to carry on the abuse) . The reason I brought this up again is to establish the systematic oppression of defensive styles. The two color rule was already in effect by this time. Since you can use the rubber only one way one backhand & only the opposite way on forehand banning this rubber was not only ati-defender but also probably anti-Asian (most were penholders then). But given the two color rule was in effect anyway , this rubber should never have been rendered illegal as well.