Which Rubber do you think got the nicest sound?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I haven't played w/ enough rubbers to say what has the Nicest sound, but Rhyzm 425 gives a very satisfying "CRACK" when you hit a solid drive shot. It's louder even than the regular (harder sponged) Rhyzm.

I used the regular Rhyzm rubber in different sponge hardnesses so I agree. But I still think Calibra Sound wins.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I used the regular Rhyzm rubber in different sponge hardnesses so I agree. But I still think Calibra Sound wins.

I don't doubt that at all; from reading your posts, I think you have a lot more experience than me w/ different rubbers.
BTW, I appreciate the way you thoughtfully analyze the game and post your insights.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Which Rubber do you think got the nicest sound?

Good Question.

for me... as long as it doesn't cost $70 USD a sheet that sounds good.

If it costs $8 USD a sheet and is still long lasting and serviceable, then that sounds REAL good to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Good Question.

for me... as long as it doesn't cost $70 USD a sheet that sounds good.

If it costs $8 USD a sheet and is still long lasting and serviceable, then that sounds REAL good to me.

Excellent counteraction, that's a good one... :)

I mostly like that high 'ping' -like sound a composite blade makes when the carbons kicks in combined with a speed glued or factory tuned rubber. It's almost like music to me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Donic Acuda S3
g.png

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Alex Perez (USATT 2437, highest rating 2515) uses Calibra LT Sound on a Stiga Clipper and there is nothing I have heard that sounds like that without speed glue. He may boost though. :)

If the sound is the right sound, part of the sound is the sponge and topsheet snapping back into position after being deformed by the ball on a brush contact. The wood of the blade sounds different than a good corking sound from the topsheet snapping back into shape. It is sort of like the sound you can get from a towel if you whip it a certain way. That pop.

Reactions: Liten
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Okey so most agree on Calibra LT Sound, how does the Andro Rasant Beat compare to it then? :v
Also, what type of wood, would make the nicer sound then? Or what compositionated blade.
Do we like a really high unique light pitched tone, or a really high unique dark pitched tone?
I prefer the darker pitch. Which My HH3 has. (dat Koto with Fiber glass carbon core)
Though with that said, the Intencity Nct v's high unique light pitched tone is bretty good too. (dat walnut)
Soft wooded blades, with dat good soft feel (like Galaxy W6 and other alike blades) does not really hold a sick distinctive and unique sound/tone, you probably need a harder unique wood for that or combined with some composite material.

Or what? :L I'm not an OP EJ, so I have not tried everything there is.

foz

This user has no status.
Obviously none of you have tried Desto f3 big slam! I used to play with soft rubbers and tried quite a few, big slam has an amazing crack, and seems to almost echo giving you the long dwell feeling that helps play more consistent , I now play t80 and still use the fx version to get a similar feel, but f3 big slam takes the sound crown for me!

This user has no status.
For me, until now i don't remember the rubbers i was using from others rackets, but the sound is like a thunder, something like smashing a glass or hitting a glass, all what i remember is that both rackets have Tibhar rubber on FH, and if i still remember then both rackets are Tibhar blades but different models, and i don't know if that sound is from the rubber or the blade or both, one racket is sold as i asked the person about it and he told me it is gone, the other is a coach is using it in my city [not in the academy where i play] but not sure if he still has it or sold it.

And from my setup of many rackets i have i really don't see any that has a special sound i like, i still didn't assemble 2 blades i have waiting and also i have about 8 rubbers different brands and thickness, later when i test them all i will see what i will find.

By the way, someone recommended me to use that Calibra LT Sound for my BH, i tested his racket that has this rubber on BH, didn't find it so special or the sound is different, maybe didn't use it much, but i bought this rubber as his recommendation and i will see on which blade i will use it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Obviously none of you have tried Desto f3 big slam! I used to play with soft rubbers and tried quite a few, big slam has an amazing crack, and seems to almost echo giving you the long dwell feeling that helps play more consistent , I now play t80 and still use the fx version to get a similar feel, but f3 big slam takes the sound crown for me!

Yeah Desto F3 Bigslam sound is crasy !