Hurricane 3-50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys.
I am looking for a rubber on the backhand. How good is hurricane 3-50 for the backhand.
I currently use aurus and like it but I am looking for something cheaper (20€ on tt11 for hurricane 3-50 )

First up, H3-50 isn't a bad rubber when unboosted. It's slow because of the tack, but does speed up a bit once it's broken in. It feels more flexible than regular H3 Neo, but less powerful. It needs a fast blade (your Force Pro is good) and active technique, but works well with the new ball. Your BH technique is the crucial factor - if you play short, weak strokes on the BH side then you won't get much out of it. Being tacky it is quite sensitive to incoming spin when playing passively.

I would advise caution though because you're looking for an alternative to Aurus. It's vastly different to Aurus, so if cost is your motivation then you could look at other, non-tacky options. You could try 729 Battle (the harder sponged one), a non-tacky chinese rubber (the closest chinese rubber I've ever tried to ESN), or look at Palio Aeolus, a cheaper true ESN rubber made for the chinese market, similar to Bluefire M2 or Joola MAXX 450.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Andy, in your opinion, which will pair better with H3-50 in terms of speed, Adidas Avenger Carbon or Stiga Infinity?

I'd probably give it to the Avenger Carbon - slightly harder and faster. I've only tried someone else's Infinity for a brief hit though - not a Stiga fan.

First up, H3-50 isn't a bad rubber when unboosted. It's slow because of the tack, but does speed up a bit once it's broken in. It feels more flexible than regular H3 Neo, but less powerful. It needs a fast blade (your Force Pro is good) and active technique, but works well with the new ball. Your BH technique is the crucial factor - if you play short, weak strokes on the BH side then you won't get much out of it. Being tacky it is quite sensitive to incoming spin when playing passively.

Hey Andy, Im currently using H3 neo provincial unboosted 38deg (my friend said I should've bought the 39/40 one)... can you tell me the different between the degree of sponge for chinese tacky rubber? I read somewhere softer sponge = easier to loop/spin, but my friend said that's for tensor rubber.

Also should I boost my h3 neo? or will it be too soft (because it's already 38deg)? Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey Andy, Im currently using H3 neo provincial unboosted 38deg (my friend said I should've bought the 39/40 one)... can you tell me the different between the degree of sponge for chinese tacky rubber? I read somewhere softer sponge = easier to loop/spin, but my friend said that's for tensor rubber.

Also should I boost my h3 neo? or will it be too soft (because it's already 38deg)? Thanks

With tacky rubber, I find that the sponge hardness only makes a noticeable difference when driving reasonably hard. When brush looping I can't feel much difference at all. When driving through the ball the softer ones feel a bit slower to me. A traditional chinese style power looper (3rd ball attack perhaps) needs sponge stability and all the power they can get, so 38 deg is a bit pointless for that way of playing I suppose. So I think it depends on style to some degree. It is a different kind of thought process to sponge selection in eurojap.

If you boost you'll find a bigger difference. The softer sponges expand/react more to the boost, which may or may not be what you want. I tended to stick with 39 deg, but boosting 38 is fine as long as you don't overdo it. Put a layer of glue on first BEFORE you boost to regulate the effect. The question of if you should boost is a personal one and is best left to you.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I got myself the skyline 3-60 as that felt like a better option. I like it on the backhand. It's a bit slow but still very playable and I find it easier than tensors to execute close to table shots(taps, flicks, drop). I usually step around to the forehand side if I go far off from the table so the slow speed is not a problem. It's not very slow however, just slower than modern Tensors that I am used to. But now I find it fine after having adjusted to the rubber (or the rubber breaking in maybe)
How are you doing with the h 3-50?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are adjusting well to the Skyline 3-60. Do you find it bouncy?

I am enjoying the H3-50 a lot. Although I have yet to train with it, I have only been playing with my 69 year old father so I haven't been able to give it much power. But so far, it is a very easy going and fun rubber to play with. It is very predictable and stable. It is very good with blocking. Looping is also very good and precise. I can feel that this is not as powerful as the TG3 Neo but because it is more predictable, I can give it more power resulting in more consistent power shots.

I will be training tomorrow. I will give my feedback after my first training session.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
ooo the same combination of rubbers i want to try .
I already love the H8 for the exact same reasons you have described and it will stay my fh rubber...
And now i want to try the Tg3-60 becasue now i have troubles with opening loops with omega V euro .... but when i switch to huricane 8 on bh i do not have this problems ... it just perfectly grab the ball so i hope this Tg3-60 will be the best choice in this problem ... also chops with no tensor effect will look nice..... i`m looking forward to this rubber .. and thanks for info.

This user has no status.
I do play with celluloid every now and then.
These rubbers do not work well with celluloid. I do not why but the ball skids through the rubbers as if the rubbers have no grip and the balls goes into the net. It just doesn't stay on the the racket as long as I would like in order to place the ball. So a very fast action is required when playing with celluloid as compared to plastic. But now I am comfortable with both the balls and I don't mind playing with either.
However the rubbers work better with plastic balls or maybe the plastic balls are better than celluloid.
Btw I play with seamless ones(Stag , Xushaofa)

Yeah,I did read somewhere that these rubbers tend to work awkwardly with old balls. Thanks for confirming! Hence I would go for that rubber when I only stick with plastic balls,and don't have to play with celluloid .

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
What do you think about the h3n with plastic balls? Is it good or are you facing any problems that you are looking for something else?

I don't know, i might not be a perfect guy as I haven't used plastic balls, but i did face less spin. Just think like this,,what if h3 neo was considerably less tacky when you chop or loop? Also, I might be wrong but I felt that the dwell I got was less.. Not that awesome in reviewing balls,but I will ask my friend, who is a great stable player,and I am sure he must have evaluated better.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk