Dimitrij Ovtcharov Forehand Topspin Training 2015

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Dimitrij Ovtcharov is currently in China representing Jiangsu in the 2015 China Super League, of course being in China Dima works extremely hard. Ovtchaov commented on his Facebook page, "I am working very hard out in China, every day has been lots of multi ball and interval training".

Ovtcharov has uploaded his latest video to his new youtube channel showing some practice from the training hall in Jiangsu! It looks intense, very intense! The coach is giving lots of feedback whilst Ovtcharov practices his forehand topspin against a sparring partner.

We wish Ovtcharov the best of luck out in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Very powerful forehand topspin, I notice that no matter forehand or backhand topspin, he uses a lot of his "wrist" actions, although it's a small action, it fits with Tenergy 05 or similar japanese rubbers, providing the greatest amount of speed and spin. With Chinese rubbers, it may need a larger action rather than a small action.

Anyway, thanks TTD for sharing such a great video from Ovtcharov.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thats strength! What is Dimas current blade?

I have heard he is using a Stiga Clipper with a Donic handle. I am not sure if that is true but it sort of make sense.

I like how he wants to take breaks and the coach is encouraging him to keep going.

Reactions: Suga D