Multiball video of elementary kids in Korea.

This user has no status.
I was floored watching this video a couple days ago. There timing and footwork is amazing, especially when they switch on and off during doubles training near the end the video. The ball feeder looks very young too, she looks to be in junior high or high school. I can only hope USA and other countries will catch up to these Asian clubs in the future.

Der_Echte, have you visited this club and did you get schooled by the juniors? Are these national level juniors or just a very good club? Hope you see this and can answer this inquisitive forum member...lol

Not my video just a channel i follow on YT. Thanks :eek: Comments welcomed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Let's see if we can get Der_Echte to get to this thread and answer your questions.

I have been eating Korean food in nearby Korea town.

The quote might have nothing to do with your question but it should he Der_Echte to have a look at the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42andbackpains
This user has no status.
Let's see if we can get Der_Echte to get to this thread and answer your questions.

The quote might have nothing to do with your question but it should he Der_Echte to have a look at the video.

He is probably too busy to answer while umpiring and winning chicken & beer bets from the little korean aunties and grandmas...lol:D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He is probably too busy to answer while umpiring and winning chicken & beer bets from the little korean aunties and grandmas...lol:D

He will see it though. And then you will get a long rambling answer or two.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is the typical pro style traing middle school and high school sthletes get by ex pros.

Has NOTHING to do with amature tt clubs.

School hires coach and gives the a space to run a pro tt training camp.

Typical setup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is the typical pro style traing middle school and high school sthletes get by ex pros.

Typical setup.

Should we bet their coach chicken and beer that we can take them in a doubles match? Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Man, I wish I had went to school in Korea then. That would be awesome. Do they have floors like that for TT in school gyms?!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Typical setup.

Thanks for the answer Der_Echte. The level of training and expertise is very high. I hope we can attain something like this in our neck of the woods. Also i think UpSideDownCarl misses you...lol Thanks again for the response.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is he already in LA? Is he sick? These short responses make no sense.

I know, right! I have been expecting these long rambling messages that make no sense and make me laugh and instead we get these one line messages as though he is too busy to write 12 messages in a row. I mean, what's going on here. And he didn't even want to talk about betting chicken and beer. I mean.....I wrote a post in another thread comparing him to a grizzly bear and he barely acknowledged the remark.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Is he already in LA? Is he sick? These short responses make no sense.

Alright you trouble maker !! :D

I have been out of time to make trouble on TT forums. Been making big trouble every day in L.A.

Funny story.

We get food at the venue, usually lunch, then we gotta hustle back to Mount St Mary's Uni for dinner. The food isn'y anything to wow about, but usually it is enough to sustain you. Lunch is usually a 4 inch sandwich.

Last night, we had to stay at the venue late for celebrity/special guest doubles. The organizers contracted for dinner and many of us were not able to eat until 7 PM. They served a heated dinner in a 12 inch wide aluminum bake tin covered in cardboard. We were expecting a LOT of food in there, because, well, you know, a 12" tin can hold a Texas sized meal. hen we opened it, all there was inside was a half scoop of rice and a spoon of chemically contaminated and processed meat and worse gravy. We were all like WTF man !!

I had already had a huge lunch at a Korean resturaunt and a long 4 hr sit in an air conditioned library, so I was in a good mood and laughed it off. A fellow umpire who had formerly been a political prisoner for long years in Korea was personally offended that someone stole his food... it certainly was seriously skimpy short rations. The political prison he was in had the workers cut out all the best parts of the pig meat and feed the prisoners mostly fat and crappy parts of the pig. This dude was PIZZED off like something fierce.

I make jokes about it and got with other umpired and decided that it would be a riot if whenever we passed each other in teh venue, we would say loudly "Wheeeeeerrrrrrreeeeeessss the BEEF ???!!!" I figured if we did that, it would be both fun and after a while someone would realized the dinner did not set well with us.

If anyone doesn't know what "where's the beef??!!" mean, then look at the vid below. Basically, in the 80s, burger shops sold really large buns with TINY burger patties.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte has never been to this school, but has seen a few others and they are pretty much the same thing.

Late grade schoolers get this training too. the vid shows HS students drilling them as part of the practice.

One of our Korea Foreign ringers who won many Div 1 national level tourneys on the amature circuit trained at a girls HS with a similar setup. Our ringer could beat half the squad OK, but had difficulties defeating one of the girl players and no chance vs one of the others.

This user has no status.
Wheres the Beef? Old School and i definitely know it...LOL:D While you are umpiring in L.A... Today there is a Korean 2 star tourney happening back in our neck of the woods at 162nd street flushing club. I guess since you were out of town, they needed a certified ref and my friend will be there to uphold the rules. The way Der_Echte described the Korean tourneys, i hope its not a madhouse....lol I will also drop by to see my coach Mr. Wong, who coaches there. He was one of my first coaches from over 30 years ago...good times as a junior.

I also feel honored that Der_Echte has started rambling in one of my first posts...LOL

Last edited: