Which handle to use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 1 reviews
was wondering the differences and benefits from each handles eg: flared. I have tried them all but never really thought about advantages. is it just about comfort? I just wanted to check before purchasing a new blade.
thanks for any responses in advance!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
While I agree it's what best suits you and I don't even notice when I grab somebody's bat for practice, I tend to favour the straight handle. It gives you more freedom to do back flip returns from serves. Another thing flared handle does is pushes your hand automatically upwards, so you have no other choice of grip if that makes any sense. For some serves I also like the straight handle too, just for the reason I described above if you want to grip it lower etc... Another thing about straight handles is you can twiddle. If you are type of player who play with pimples on one side and sometimes you want to attack, straight handle allows you to rotate easily. And one last thing, just be aware that straight handles are different depending on the blade, some are thinner, some are thicker, longer etc... not by a lot but keep in mind just like flared handles some thing slightly vary. If you are thinking of getting a pen hold instead of straight because you are not sure and they don't stock the other, don't do it. It's quiet a difference. I nearly made this error with my Hurricane Long when I was chasing offers and stocks and there was f**k all information online on the measurements.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
In my opinion, its all about comfort. However, i've heard that straight handle helps your backhand more and flared helps forehand. Also the transition between backhand and forehand is quicker with a straight handle.

I don't believe that it's enough of a difference to pick one based on how it helps you. Just pick for comfort.

This user has no status.
Well, flared grip shall be awkward for twiddle only if the butt to big that stuck too your hand when doing it.

If you do practice lateral along the grip slide, Chtchetinine style, or you practice long grip, then choose straight handle

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: