I need help on wich blade and rubber to use

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hallo guys

first of all i just came back from a really long brake almost 4 years ...

i need to change my blade and my rubber but i really dunno what to pick !
at the moment im using DHS POWER G3 as blade

and as rubber forehand and backhand donic acuda s2

any advice for me ?

thanks in advantage

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
A lot of players here would love to help you but you need to let them know of your style of playing... :) Defender, attacker, all round? Would be great if you state your budget too, if not, it might go as expensive as your smartphone... :)

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

hallo and thx for your answer first of all

im an attacker

budget is not rly problem ! but i need to state that im not an "expert" in ping pong

im a mediocre player

This user has no status.
I would like to know what's wrong with your current equipment, so you are searching for something different, and, if possible, what is the thickness of your Acudas. Also, for how many years were you playing before that long break?

EDIT : And also, there are different attacking styles, do you prefer looping or flat hitting/blocking? Do you use your backhand for looping against backspin or you use mainly your forehand for this, while you use your backhand for controlled game(blocks, pushes, chops)?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I would like to know what's wrong with your current equipment, so you are searching for something different, and, if possible, what is the thickness of your Acudas. Also, for how many years were you playing before that long break?

EDIT : And also, there are different attacking styles, do you prefer looping or flat hitting/blocking? Do you use your backhand for looping against backspin or you use mainly your forehand for this, while you use your backhand for controlled game(blocks, pushes, chops)?

well to be honest i never liked my blade and the rubbers are really worn out and need replacement and i was searching for something different (better). speaking of rubber thickness 2.2 forehand and 1.9 backhand if i remember correct.

i have been playing ping pong before break for 3 years. i mainly use my forehand for looping against backspin i use backhand for control. i like looping as attacking style

thanks in advantage

Last edited:
well to be honest i never liked my blade and the rubbers are really worn out and need replacement and i was searching for something different (better). speaking of rubber thickness 2.2 forehand and 1.9 backhand if i remember correct.

i have been playing ping pong before break for 3 years. i mainly use my forehand for looping against backspin i use backhand for control. i like looping as attacking style

thanks in advantage

Uuum can you give me an idea of what brand do you prefer?

This user has no status.
About the Acuda S2, what do you expect from your future rubber? I am playing for more than 1 and a half years with Acuda S2 on backhand and i'm very pleased with it.

It is clear that you are not happy with your setup, but what is(are) the problem(s) with it? Is it too fast(slow)? Maybe too hard(stiff), uncontrollable, heavy? How would you like your future setup to be comparing to your current one?

So far the only thing I can tell you about your future equipment is that you will need on your backhand a slower and more controlable rubber than on forehand. It could a rubber of the same model as the FH rubber, but with a thinner sponge, as is the situation at the moment, but it could be a different rubber, it could be even a pips-out rubber.

Punctuality and clarity of the answers is very important.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
About the Acuda S2, what do you expect from your future rubber? I am playing for more than 1 and a half years with Acuda S2 on backhand and i'm very pleased with it.

It is clear that you are not happy with your setup, but what is(are) the problem(s) with it? Is it too fast(slow)? Maybe too hard(stiff), uncontrollable, heavy? How would you like your future setup to be comparing to your current one?

So far the only thing I can tell you about your future equipment is that you will need on your backhand a slower and more controlable rubber than on forehand. It could a rubber of the same model as the FH rubber, but with a thinner sponge, as is the situation at the moment, but it could be a different rubber, it could be even a pips-out rubber.

Punctuality and clarity of the answers is very important.

main problems are that is too heavy , serving is not that great and mid range long range i feel that it lacks of speed . and i wanted to try something different but i really dont like pips out since im not a defensive player and i dont like that style . maybe its just the blade and rubbers are fine and thats why i came here for help. for the brand i have no preference

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The first that comes to mind is the Butterfly Petr Korbel. It is lighter(Butterfly lists it @85g), but it is not a rocket. It is an OFF, so it should be slower than your current blade.

But you gotta think - if you will concentrate on making the racket good for mid-long distance, it will be worse for close to the table play.

For making that Korbel faster, you will have to put some faster rubbers on it(for example, Acuda S1 Turbo). Some people may say that if you want a racket that is good for mid-long distance play you gotta get some Bluefires. Why I didn't suggest them is because they are heavier and I don't know how will they work with a Korbel. I know that Acuda S1 Turbo works well with the Korbel. This blade is good for looping, but it isn't designed for long distance play, and also the Acuda S1 Turbo won't give you the high arc of the Bluefires. Keeping the Acuda S2 in 1.8/2.0mm on backhand should be fine for you.

If your favourite distance is away from the table, this setup isn't for you. But if you play mostly close to the table or mid distance, Petr Korbel with Acuda S1 Turbo in Max on FH and Acuda S2 in 1.8/2.0mm on BH wil be a very fine setup.

I think that you've anyway got to work in training so you can get more power from your hand, not from your racket. I play with a Timo Boll Forte, which is slower than the Korbel with Acuda S1 Turbo on FH and S2 on BH, both in max thickness, and I mostly play close to the table or mid-distance, but I have no issues playing away from the table, and I like very much beating in the long-distance counterlooping game players which have faster rackets, and also rubbers that give a higher arc than my Acudas.

This user has no status.

thanks in advantage
Sound like Wang Hao style, sans penhold. :)

Joola MC1, Andro Treiber Z, Dhs Hurricane Long 3

Donic Coppa X1 Turbo Platin 1.7 - 2.2 mm
Stiga Carbo Sound 1.5 - 2.0 mm
Haifu Shark II Soft 1.7 - 2.2 mm

If any of your friends have this combi,

Try it for a couple of games.

They are made for loop and drive style. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
The first that comes to mind is the Butterfly Petr Korbel. It is lighter(Butterfly lists it @85g), but it is not a rocket. It is an OFF, so it should be slower than your current blade.

But you gotta think - if you will concentrate on making the racket good for mid-long distance, it will be worse for close to the table play.

For making that Korbel faster, you will have to put some faster rubbers on it(for example, Acuda S1 Turbo). Some people may say that if you want a racket that is good for mid-long distance play you gotta get some Bluefires. Why I didn't suggest them is because they are heavier and I don't know how will they work with a Korbel. I know that Acuda S1 Turbo works well with the Korbel. This blade is good for looping, but it isn't designed for long distance play, and also the Acuda S1 Turbo won't give you the high arc of the Bluefires. Keeping the Acuda S2 in 1.8/2.0mm on backhand should be fine for you.

If your favourite distance is away from the table, this setup isn't for you. But if you play mostly close to the table or mid distance, Petr Korbel with Acuda S1 Turbo in Max on FH and Acuda S2 in 1.8/2.0mm on BH wil be a very fine setup.

I think that you've anyway got to work in training so you can get more power from your hand, not from your racket. I play with a Timo Boll Forte, which is slower than the Korbel with Acuda S1 Turbo on FH and S2 on BH, both in max thickness, and I mostly play close to the table or mid-distance, but I have no issues playing away from the table, and I like very much beating in the long-distance counterlooping game players which have faster rackets, and also rubbers that give a higher arc than my Acudas.

I play with Korbel & bluefires (max). Nice combination, ball feels soft & top spins are effortless.
Only thing is could do with it being faster, just ordered a Bluefire JP1 on the forehand & Rakza X. Gonna make sure they are boosted before I put them on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Why the F"F" have I not noticed FlyRyder on the forum before???!!! It is not like he has been making random FS posts, but appears to be a genuine TT luvin' player on the forum.

Thanks for your kind comments.
It's awesome how table tennis brings people together, one love :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
It is really surprising that many combinations are working fine, anyone can recommend something and it is not wrong, so it is like asking what is the best or suitable car racing car to get, and then everyone will recommend a model that is really great and nice for car racing, same with other things including this table tennis.

I started to stop asking questions, because at the end it ends up with 2 things:

1. Many answers that confuses you, even some answers that offense you too.

2. Experimenting, so this will make you to have decisions even without answers you are looking for here, i tested some blades even they were not what i got as recommendations here and i found what i like and what not, if i follow everyone recommendation then i may end up getting even more than what i already have, or getting only one as also many suggesting to stick with one racket while many here don't stick with one regardless how long of usage.

So, i think you should just look at what is missing with your set up then go from there, sometimes you buy another setup to find out it is either almost same what you already have so not much changes or difference or it is worse than what you have so you will go and buy again, so first try to find what you like or not like with your current setup then try to read and find another racket that many and even you think it will make a difference for you.

And last thing, many here will tell you that practice and have training/coach will make any racket suitable for you, so don't forget this point too.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
It is really surprising that many combinations are working fine, anyone can recommend something and it is not wrong, so it is like asking what is the best or suitable car racing car to get, and then everyone will recommend a model that is really great and nice for car racing, same with other things including this table tennis.

I started to stop asking questions, because at the end it ends up with 2 things:

1. Many answers that confuses you, even some answers that offense you too.

2. Experimenting, so this will make you to have decisions even without answers you are looking for here, i tested some blades even they were not what i got as recommendations here and i found what i like and what not, if i follow everyone recommendation then i may end up getting even more than what i already have, or getting only one as also many suggesting to stick with one racket while many here don't stick with one regardless how long of usage.

So, i think you should just look at what is missing with your set up then go from there, sometimes you buy another setup to find out it is either almost same what you already have so not much changes or difference or it is worse than what you have so you will go and buy again, so first try to find what you like or not like with your current setup then try to read and find another racket that many and even you think it will make a difference for you.

And last thing, many here will tell you that practice and have training/coach will make any racket suitable for you, so don't forget this point too.

Hey Tareq, great recommendings here. Thumbs up.
There are so many things to take in account. Either for givin' recommendings or askin' for ''em. So sometimes it can be the best to try out a lot (e.g. by askin' other players at your club to play with theirs for a while) and just follow your heart what feels best to you and stick to it for a while and get used to it. But then again, if a coach gives you a recommendation from knowing your level of playing there's got to be a reason for it.... ;)

This user has no status.
Hey Tareq, great recommendings here. Thumbs up.
There are so many things to take in account. Either for givin' recommendings or askin' for ''em. So sometimes it can be the best to try out a lot (e.g. by askin' other players at your club to play with theirs for a while) and just follow your heart what feels best to you and stick to it for a while and get used to it. But then again, if a coach gives you a recommendation from knowing your level of playing there's got to be a reason for it.... ;)

About trying others rackets i think it is the best, but that also can't be a final decision, some don't let others to try theirs, and some have exhausted rackets, i tested someone racket while i gave him my Jun Mizutani, at the end i hated his racket and he wanted to buy mine, so testing is good to give you what is good and what is not, but i prefer to test something that is new or still good rather than something is almost dead.

About coaches recommendations, this is also not a big help or best recommendation or final decision, i bought 2 blades according to 2 coaches and they know my level and none of those 2 blades worked great for me, they both are just no bad but no match to something i bought, so even those coaches have their own, can't make all their recommendations as facts or 100% correct good, but sure it depends on which coach, some coaches are just showing off by suggestions or recommendations, in fact my friend coach who assemble all my rackets is testing my rackets and told me that i know more than him, but i think some coaches are knowledgeable about techniques and not much about equipment and others have that level of knowledge about equipment, most in my area aren't that knowledgeable about equipment and they just focus on skills and techniques.