Donic Bluefire with white sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
What can I say! BF in white sponge for cheap! Too good to be true. Another wave of fakes from China is coming. Buyers beware!

Other rubbers for cheap including the usual Butterfly with the addition of T80. Yasaka's Mark V, Rakza 7 Soft, Xtend, Pryde 30, Donic BF M1, Desto F1, Acuda S1, Stiga Innova, Xiom Zeta...etc. Just scary!

fake M1.jpg

Reactions: Cornel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Reactions: Suga D and Cornel
This user has no status.
Now, if we gotta talk seriously, a player which had even a sheet of one of those rubbers will tell you instantly that the item listed is a fake. And there are a lot of clues :

1.Price(c'mon, will you expect to get a genuine rubber that normally costs >35$ for just 9$?)
2.Of course, sponge color, but the Desto F1 has a white sponge, so let's go further
3.On a original Donic rubber you can't see that Donic informative sheet about the rubber through that small triangle cut on the right side of the package - that cut is meant to be there for knowing the color of the rubber, so there is no reason to cover it
4.The Acuda series has a specific original package, with the triangle above the ACUDA letters having a CD/mirror look, unlike the ones from the listing, which have a mat, white triangle above ACUDA letters
5.Protective film - a lot of genuine rubbers do not have protective film, including Tenergy, Acuda and many others
6. The inscription on the rubber itself is not centered and stands way too high, also having a horizontal line below them

There also could be many more signs that the rubber is fake which we don't see in the photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I have also found a fake, but a way more dangerous Tenergy fake.

The first impression isn't so bad : it costs 53$ or 47 euros which isn't so far from the normal price, just a little bit cheaper - the price doesn't make you think that it's definitely a fake, and you are tempted to buy it until it's on sale. Not so many pro players have read the Butterfly article about how to spot Butterfly fakes.

So let's take a closer look. First of all, on the first image we can see clearly that on the front side of the package, on the left side, we can see the topsheet of the rubber. Genuine Tenergies are turned so we can see the orange sponge on the front side of the package. Then we take a look at the second image. We can see that the rubber has a protective film on it. Genuine Tenergies have no protective film on them.

You still wanna buy one of those "Tenergies"? I just can hope that the ones who bought 34 of those will get their money back and that no one else will spend so much money on a fake.

As for me, no way to catch me into that curse, I wouldn't spend 52$ even on a genuine Tenergy haha...

tenergy1.jpgtenergy2.jpg

Reactions: TurboZ