Stag rubbers

This user has no status.
Hi, i'm looking for a new par of rubbers. I have an idea of what kind of rubber i want for my fh, but not for my backhand. Here in Argentina i can get only some brands, one of them is Stag, they called my atention because they're cheap, japan made and have some good reviews. The thing is that i just found 3 short reviews about them. Does anyone have used or can give me some advice about this rubber? (I'm talking about the Stag Peter Karlsson)
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I'm not sure, but it seems you are mixing things up.

As far as i've been told STAG is a chinese company, and Peter Karlsson's sponsored by the swedish company STIGA.

I'm not sure if STIGA rubbers are produced in japan (maybe Dan or someone from STIGA can confirm this), but STAG rubbers are from china.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This user has no status.
Coworker plays with a stag premade bat that comes with ninja attack rubbers (i think). Tacky topsheet, lively sponge, decent. I considered it for my backhand but decided against since there are better. 8 dollar rubber that plays like a 15 dollar one, but nothing like an upper end euro rubber.

Slap it on a better blade and tell us how it goes?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Peter Karlsson has been with Stag for at least 5 years. Probably longer.

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

Clever marketing strategy since the names are pretty close to each other. I guess i'm not the first who mixed up these two companies.
Edit: maybe pepperfly or gutterfly are also a good names for a TT-brand. ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well, finally i bought the rubber, a red "Peter Karlsson Gen 2 Hard" with max sponge. I did some research about it (or at least i tried) but i couldn't find any decent pictures.
What can i say? The sponge is yellow with small pores and not that hard. The topsheet has some grip but it's not tacky at all. It has a light smell like... rubber, i mean, without bootser.
I've never used (for more than a minute) Mark V but i guess they have some things in common. It's made in Japan, maybe by yasaka???

And the packaging... it's like the tubber itself it's ok, but the packaging makes it really bizarre.
It comes in a common pastic bag, nothing special. At first sigth it looks very well made, but when looking closer there're some bizarre details:

1) Theres a sticker in the "cover" indicating hardness and thickness. I think they made the sticker using an inkjet printer. :p

2) The photo of Karlsson hitting the ball.. well, it's noticable the photoshop on the ball.

3) There's a text on the back, saying that it's a good rubber, suitable for all the players, etc..... There's also the same text in french, hindi, swedish and spanish inside. At least the spanish traduction has some mistakes, i guess they used google translate :rolleyes:.

4) An invitation for a contest for an i phone.
Sorry for my engligh. I'll upload some pictures later.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tell us how you like the rubber after you have hit with it a few times. How it is for topspin, for short game, for serves. What the rubber does well. What weaknesses, if any.

It will be nice to hear you give a review of how you like it.

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Here are a few photos of the rubber and the packaging.
DSCF3746.jpgDSCF3747.jpgDSCF3749.jpgDSCF3752.jpgDSCF3753.jpgDSCF3757.jpgDSCF3759.jpg

Reactions: Suga D and Reaper
This user has no status.
I tested the rubber today. I put it on my spare blade, an Adidas Avenger Carbon. I'll play with it again tomorrow.
Overall im very satisfied, it's a good backhand rubber. I'm happy i bought only one rubber, i was going to buy also a H3Neo (for my fh) but i'm thiking of buying another stag. There are better rubbers outhere but for a few more bucks than a hurricane i think it worth the money.

DSCF3760.jpgDSCF3767.jpg

I played with it for about two hours today, so here are some early conclutions:

1) Spin: Good. It's not a looper's rubber, but it's capable of generating good spin.
2) Speed: Definetly an offensive rubber, not crazy fast, enough to generate powerful shoots.
3) Control: Very good, excelent for blocking. Maybe because it has low reaction to incoming spin, i dont know, but i had no troble blocking heavy spinny balls.
4) I had no problems lifting backspin balls. Also good for flicks.
5) Sponge: Yellow, with small pores like chinese sponge, but a softer and more lively (but not as much as a tensor).
6) Very good concistensy, in spite of the packaging, the rubber itself was perfect.
7) Serve: Blah, it' ok, just that.
8) Low throw.

Last edited: